NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Noticed a fact on NFL network yesterday that Philadelphia have played the Superbowl winners of that respective season for the last four seasons, on gameday one. This year they opened against The Bolts...

OK...

AFC

Chiefs @ Colts

Chargers @ Bengals

NFC

Saints @ Eagles

49ers @ Packers

Close but only 3/4.

This week I will go for;

NFC

Saints @ Seahawks

49ers @ Panthers

AFC

Colts @ Patriots

Chargers @ Broncos

How would that work? 2nd seed v 7th in the wildcard round?

Yeah, I believe so.

It has it's pros and cons I think.

I like the fact that the #1 seed would mean a lot more but nearly half the league making the playoffs would belittle the achievement a bit. But would also stop scenarios like the Cardinals missing out this season.

Saying that when they changed it to 12 playoff places for the 1990 season there was only 28 teams in the league (just under 43% made the playoffs). Now 14 of 32 (just under 44%)

I dunno

But would also stop scenarios like the Cardinals missing out this season.

Yeah but the flip side to that is in a different season you'll get some team with a shocking record getting into the playoffs.

Of course this is all about money. An extra game would generate a shed load of cash.

Really? Whalen Brazill and Rodgers have done fine the last couple of weeks. TY Hilton is a top WR too so I dont know whats going on there. Maybe it'll take a bit of coverage off of Hilton but it's a bit harsh on the younger guys that have stepped in.

Really? Whalen Brazill and Rodgers have done fine the last couple of weeks. TY Hilton is a top WR too so I dont know whats going on there. Maybe it'll take a bit of coverage off of Hilton but it's a bit harsh on the younger guys that have stepped in.

It could be just some insurance for depth as DHB got injured in the last game.

I was going to miss out on the Saints-Eagles game on Saturday night and watch it on GamePass when it became available 24 hours later. Problem is, if I watched the two games on Sunday, I was sure to find out the result. Only thing I could do was ignore ALL the results and watch them when they became available on GamePass on Tuesday morning.

Everything was going smoothly. I didn't go on any NFL threads, avoided twitter and turned off NFL notifications on my phone. It was the worst two days of my life. It was Tuesday morning and time for a marathon session of playoff action when I clicked on GamePass to arrive at this screen...

post-19701-0-37726500-1389193957_thumb.j

Fell at the last hurdle. Gutted.

I can't wait for the weekend. As a 49ers "supporter" I'd love to see them go the distance but I think it will be a low scoring struggle at Carolina.

I'm looking forward to a Saturday spent playing Madden on the X Box then a night in watching the Saints @ Seattle 8)

Edited by RiG