NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

In 20 years time history will look back on these suspensions and laugh.

It really does seem the league wants these kids to turn their brains into mush for 10+ years while having zero fun. I understand screwing the nut for the season but they have the best part of 6 months that they should be allowed to have some fun within reason.

That doesn't matter. Plenty of stuff on the banned list is legal. If you want to play the sport then you have to abide by the rules.

Read the full discussion. The debate wasnt that it was against the rules, it was over lichtie's point that he felt someone should face a year or lifetime ban for smoking weed

Read the full discussion. The debate wasnt that it was against the rules, it was over lichtie's point that he felt someone should face a year or lifetime ban for smoking weed

I read the full discussion and my view is that the punishment should be the same regardless of whether it is steroids or weed. They are both banned substances so the punishment should be doled out for each.

Whether a lifetime ban is appropriate for a second offence is arguable though.

I read the full discussion and my view is that the punishment should be the same regardless of whether it is steroids or weed. They are both banned substances so the punishment should be doled out for each.

Whether a lifetime ban is appropriate for a second offence is arguable though.

Dont talk rubbish! One is cheating and one is, at worst, giving yourself a disadvantage. I understand they should be penalised but a game or two ban seems plenty for recreation drugs, performance enhancers is much more serious

On a more serious note, an absolutely shocking decision by the Colts to exercise the 5th year option on Luck. So unexpected that I had to read the article 82 times until is manage to sink in. :lol:

Gives Andrew $16m injury guarantee in 2016. GO COLTS.

Edited by strichener

Troy Polomalu announces his retirement.

Hall of Fame in 5 years?

Good move. He wasn't playing at the speed and wasn't as effective as he used to be. Best to go out before any more injuries and while still close to your best.

A shoe-in for the Hall first time.

never thought they would comes back with Murder 1, suppose the evidence saying he had the gun in his hand in the house was enough.

on to the next trial of murdering 2 people.

His lawyers admitted that he was at the scene of the murder in closing arguments. For an acquittal the jury would have to believe that Hernandez didn't know the shooting was going to happen but then invited the shooters back to his house. Aso, the cameras showed him acting like nothing strange had happened.

I feel bad for his kid.

His lawyers admitted that he was at the scene of the murder in closing arguments. For an acquittal the jury would have to believe that Hernandez didn't know the shooting was going to happen but then invited the shooters back to his house. Aso, the cameras showed him acting like nothing strange had happened.

I feel bad for his kid.

i thought they would have come back with murder 2(or whatever the alternative was) being part of the scheme but murder 1 is the jury saying he did the shooting.

don't think there was any chance of an acquittal especially after his defense team admitted he was there

I was fairly surprised that murder 1 carries a mandatory life without parole sentence in Massachusetts, but looking up the penalties by state it appears to be that way more often than not. My state's minimum sentence for murder 1 is 15 years.

Mississippi, Montana, Nevada have the most lenient minimums for the top murder charge at 10 years. Of course those states all have the death penalty as the highest option available so you're really rolling the dice when killing someone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_punishments_for_murder_in_the_United_States

Edited by Yank Mike