NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Yeah that particular clause seems to heavily suggest they'll try and get rid of him before the draft, and then they've covered themselves if they can't by getting a pick back if he doesn't start eight games.

I don't really get that. Why should the Rams lose out on anything after the trade is complete? He's an Eagles player now. What they choose to do with him shouldn't have any effect on us.

I don't really get that. Why should the Rams lose out on anything after the trade is complete? He's an Eagles player now. What they choose to do with him shouldn't have any effect on us.

I'm not sure, just seems to be part of the trade. I'm still not sure all these clauses are actually happening yet though, as none have been officially reported by either club. As it stands we know for certain the players have traded, and the draft picks have been traded. All those clauses are coming from every angle though, from the same people who reported the deal before it was done, so I'd be surprised if they weren't a part of it.

I can understand why the Eagles would want some protection if he got injured though, and also if they trade him early. And I can understand why the Rams were desperate to get his wage gone while also getting another QB with potential for an absolute fraction of the cost.

More information just released..

Eagles will surrender 2016 2nd-round pick to Rams in QB trade no matter what. But will get back a conditional 2016 pick from Rams. It will be a 3rd if Bradford does not play at all; and a 4th if he starts less than 50 percent of plays.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Hopefully, he'll be the go to guy that can improve the passing game.

We freed Zach Miller who was the top guy before getting injured and we've got Luke Willson and some other guy who looks like he was raised on a mid-western farm.

You can't have too many quality players. A decent slot receiver in fa or the draft would be pleasing.

We've effectively improved our offence by 33% as Wilson and Beastmode were the offence last season.

Uncle Pete was probably impressed with the Gronk's season so went for the only guy in the same league?

#GoodTimes

They actually already have a very good slot receiver from last year's amazing WR draft class called Kevin Norwood. Was injured for the full season but should come back in to a starting role one would imagine.

Brees apparently on the Block.

Thought this had been called out as bullshit speculation by those in the know already?

This seems to be the agreed details of the trade, amazed nobodies just come out and officially confirmed it all yet though.

This is the trade:
Rams receive: Foles, 2015 4th round pick and 2016 2nd round pick
Eagles receive: Bradford and 2015 5th round pick and 2016 conditional pick

The conditions on the conditional pick are:

Eagles get a 3rd if Bradford does not play for them.
Eagles get a 4th if Bradford plays less than 50% of their offensive snaps.

Also, I'm away to bed as my heads frazzled. No doubt by the time I've woken up there'll be another fifteen different versions of what the trade actually is.

They actually already have a very good slot receiver from last year's amazing WR draft class called Kevin Norwood. Was injured for the full season but should come back in to a starting role one would imagine.

Thought this had been called out as bullshit speculation by those in the know already?

New rumour I read 20 minutes ago. Probably still bullshit.

However, would make sense for the Saints to clear all their cap burdons for the next few years and rebuild again. They won't be contenders again in the time Brees has left.

New rumour I read 20 minutes ago. Probably still bullshit.

However, would make sense for the Saints to clear all their cap burdons for the next few years and rebuild again. They won't be contenders again in the time Brees has left.

Aye I'd read Dolphins made an offer earlier but not from any source I was familiar with. I see you're point I suppose, feel bad for guys who would be put in a 'whats the point?' sort of position though like Ingram and Stills and Cooks.

The part I dont get is if they were that desperate for cap room why did they re sign Ingram and Colston? Why not just let them walk, sort everything else out then see if they can afford to replace them afterwards. If not then roll with what they have, I'm sure Cooks, Stills, Graham, Brees, Robinson and Cadet would have been fine going forward on offence :/

Funny how two solid teams have turned in to absolute bombscares in a matter of hours :lol:

They actually already have a very good slot receiver from last year's amazing WR draft class called Kevin Norwood. Was injured for the full season but should come back in to a starting role one would imagine

Not having this. Rookie 4th Rounder who has played zero snaps straight into the starting lineup? He's also not that good.

Edited by GingerSaint

This seems to be the agreed details of the trade, amazed nobodies just come out and officially confirmed it all yet though.

This is the trade:

Rams receive: Foles, 2015 4th round pick and 2016 2nd round pick

Eagles receive: Bradford and 2015 5th round pick and 2016 conditional pick

The conditions on the conditional pick are:

Eagles get a 3rd if Bradford does not play for them.

Eagles get a 4th if Bradford plays less than 50% of their offensive snaps.

Woke up to confirmation this is the deal in all its glory. Tremendous trade for the Rams.

Also been confirmed Bradford would have been paid $13m this season, while Foles will earn $1.5m. Freeing up $11.5m in the salary cap, seemingly the Rams now have $27m to play with....

Also been confirmed Bradford was offered a restructured contract in St Louis, but turned it down as he didn't want a smaller salary, and thats what started this whole deal.

Not having this. Rookie 4th Rounder who has played zero snaps straight into the starting lineup? He's also not that good.

He would have been playing if he hadnt been injured. In terms of technical skill there arent many rookies who come out with as much as Norwood did. Physicality is his one knock, especially after an injury, but not as important for a slot guy as an outside receiver.

Why draft another rookie when theres a perfectly good one on the bench?