NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

We're going to be over there on hols anyway so it's all just great timing :) flights etc already booked so I just needs me some game tickets.

If the ticket exchange thing is legit I might see what's on offer there, if nothing takes my immediate fancy I'll hang fire for the public sale. Cheers for your help chaps.

Used the ticketmaster exchange to get tickets for Bears @ 9ers last season and it was fine. They emailed me tickets to print off at home. Going to use it again for Rams @ 9ers this year.

Cut because he has diabetes? Would the cut Brady if he was diagnosed as well ?

The Patriots really are filth

He was offered to have him retire for a year, then come back after making the necessary adjustments in his life. Or released to find another team willing to have him play this season.

He chose to be released.

And Brady doesn't need to be 320lbs to do his job, like Kyle Love needs to be...

Mike Goodsen of the Jets arrested

Drugs and Guns charges. Found sitting in a car wasted with a "small amount" of cannabis and a loaded pistol with hollow point bullets. Wouldn't be as bad if he gets suspended considering we now have Chris Ivory, plus Bilal Powell is a good change of pace back that can block and catch well enough.

Drugs and Guns charges. Found sitting in a car wasted with a "small amount" of cannabis and a loaded pistol with hollow point bullets. Wouldn't be as bad if he gets suspended considering we now have Chris Ivory, plus Bilal Powell is a good change of pace back that can block and catch well enough.

Should just be released. Id hope the giant would release players who were arrested for stuff like this

Should just be released. Id hope the giant would release players who were arrested for stuff like this

We can't really afford to release a player with as much potential as he has on a thin roster and $2m in guaranteed money. Wouldn't be outraged if we did cut him because poor character players is the last thing we need, but I don't see it.

We can't really afford to release a player with as much potential as he has on a thin roster and $2m in guaranteed money. Wouldn't be outraged if we did cut him because poor character players is the last thing we need, but I don't see it.

Could they not release him under "gross misconduct" which will null and void the contract?

Could they not release him under "gross misconduct" which will null and void the contract?

Never heard of that before but it would make sense. Don't think it happens though.

Its ridiculous that idiots like Goodsen can still have a career after incidents like this. Teams should be allowed to release he player without payment of the "guarenteed money"

Agreed. Surely it wouldn't be difficult to stipulate in the contract that the money is guaranteed as long as the player stays out of trouble?

League on the verge of pushing the draft back until may and starting the league year before the combine

I read that earlier on. I don't think putting the draft back a few weeks will make a huge difference in the grand scheme of things, but will bring it all closer to the season I suppose.

How do people stand on an increase to an 18 game season? It all seems to have gone a bit quiet on that front recently, but I'd definitely like to see an extra two games, cutting the pre-season to two at the same time. Extra competitive games are something I'd love to have, but can see the pitfalls as well.

I don't like the 18 game idea. The players take a beating week in and week out. Adding 2 more games will only heighten the chance of injuries or players being battered and bruised for the playoffs. Nobody wants to see injured players playing in important playoff games

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/microsoft-announces-partnership-with-nfl

Today at the reveal of the Xbox One, Microsoft announced a new partnership with the National Football League. The announcement notes that there will be "exclusive NFL content that works with SmartGlass and Kinect." NFL commissioner Roger Goodell announced the partnership.

Gamers will be able to experience live fantasy football updates "snapped" to the side of their screen when watching NFL broadcasts through Xbox One.

The new fantasy football experience appears to be brand new, built from the ground-up for Xbox One, instead of piggybacking on an existing fantasy football experience. Fantasy stats will auto-update in realtime on your TV screen while the game unfolds.

I just came in my pants.