NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Yeah I read in the $10 mil range being what he was due.

Some team with a load of cap room should snap those two guys up and get the fan base going(Browns?!), although they do have a QB need first and foremost.

Woodson would only be worth the $2-4 million range now. Browns is a great shout.

Would love the Giants to go get Freeney. Instant replacement for Osi

Woodson would only be worth the $2-4 million range now. Browns is a great shout.

Would love the Giants to go get Freeney. Instant replacement for Osi

Isn't the reason Osi is leaving a financial one? He wants more money than the Giants are willing to give him.

If that still holds true then I am not sure Freeny and the money he would be looking for would fit in with the Giants.

Will be interesting to see where Freeny ends up, he's still a decent pass rusher.

If Freeney is still demanding silly money then we won't get him. At 33 is he still worth $7-9 million a year?

I REALLY want us to try sign Jake Long

True but Osi 2012 salary for the last of his contract was $4mill and it was probably backloaded too, if they don't even wanna give him say $7mil a year then Freeny ain't getting anywhere near that from the giants.

Someone will give him a huge slice of money though(Freeny, reputation is still decent I suppose.

Jake long, wants what $10 mil a season obviously won't get it from the dolphins, not sure I would give it to him either, he's no Jonathan Ogden.(only earned 8mil back in the day!)

What about vollmer? He seems decent and cheap.

True but Osi 2012 salary for the last of his contract was $4mill and it was probably backloaded too, if they don't even wanna give him say $7mil a year then Freeny ain't getting anywhere near that from the giants.

Someone will give him a huge slice of money though(Freeny, reputation is still decent I suppose.

Jake long, wants what $10 mil a season obviously won't get it from the dolphins, not sure I would give it to him either, he's no Jonathan Ogden.(only earned 8mil back in the day!)

What about vollmer? He seems decent and cheap.

Ogden was phenomenal. I see that Long wants stupid money but I don't think many will offer it. Vollmer is a good shout but I'm sure I read that the Pats want him back. We might get our O-lineman in the 2nd round of the draft, we are defenetly taking a DE or OLB in the 1st.

I know we were over the cap but with the release of Bradshaw, Canty and Boley, along with Terrell Thomas only being on a 1 year / $1 million deal we have certainly cut it.

I read there gonna let Bennett test Free Agency.

That would be madness on the Bucs part IMO.

However I heard his brother was gonna try convince him to come to the giants(if he gets re signed to a long term deal too obviously)

Wonder if they would both take discounts to play in the same team.

Depends how much Michael Bennett would want aswell. This is what was on Rotoworld about Bennett testing Free Agency

"Free agent DE Michael Bennett is expected to test the open market when the signing period begins on March 12.

Despite some conversation between Bennett and the Bucs, there presently is no momentum toward finalization of a deal. Bennett had a career-high nine sacks last season and was versatile, playing nearly 11 percent of his snaps at defensive tackle. The 27-year-old should be a hot commodity on the free agent market."

Source: Tampa Bay Times Feb

Depends how much Michael Bennett would want aswell. This is what was on Rotoworld about Bennett testing Free Agency

"Free agent DE Michael Bennett is expected to test the open market when the signing period begins on March 12.

Despite some conversation between Bennett and the Bucs, there presently is no momentum toward finalization of a deal. Bennett had a career-high nine sacks last season and was versatile, playing nearly 11 percent of his snaps at defensive tackle. The 27-year-old should be a hot commodity on the free agent market."

Source: Tampa Bay Times Feb

True, I suppose the major factor here is that the Bucs do have the cap space to pay him market value and above. If the Bucs are pushing him towards testing the market they must be pretty confident in the offer they can give compared to other teams in the need for a DE.

Actually I am surprised no one has mentioned Joe Flacco yet.

If he gets paid like his agent thinks he should(best QB in the league he said) then that could spell trouble for the Ravens.

Does Flacco take all the money and risk breaking up the SB champs?

I head if he gets tagged the cap hit will mean no more Reed. Birk or Boldin!

Actually I am surprised no one has mentioned Joe Flacco yet.

If he gets paid like his agent thinks he should(best QB in the league he said) then that could spell trouble for the Ravens.

Does Flacco take all the money and risk breaking up the SB champs?

I head if he gets tagged the cap hit will mean no more Reed. Birk or Boldin!

Aaron Rodgers is a Free Agent in 2014. He will have so much leverage when Flacco signs a massive contract.