Mr. Brightside

Iv seen the Phins linked with

Kenny Vaccaro (S) Texas

Johnthan Banks (CB ) Mississippi St

Cordarelle Patterson (WR) Tennessee

Keenan Allen (WR) Cal

Lane Johnson (T) Oklahoma

Ezekiel Ansah (DE) BYU

Patterson is the one a lot of folk think we'll go for. Not too sure about him tbh. Vaccaro seems to be the other name getting tossed about. Unsure if either will be there by pick 12 though

Panthers will release CB Chris Gamble and could pursue S Kenny Phillips who is certain to leave the Giants

Nnamdi Asomugha is "as good as gone" in Philly. If he drops his wage demands he could be a good pickup. Possibly teams like Indy, Oakland and Cincy could be interested.

Panthers will release CB Chris Gamble and could pursue S Kenny Phillips who is certain to leave the Giants

Nnamdi Asomugha is "as good as gone" in Philly. If he drops his wage demands he could be a good pickup. Possibly teams like Indy, Oakland and Cincy could be interested.

I like Kenny Phillips. We should take a look at him (depending on the price obviously). Same with George Wilson who has just been released by the Bills. OLB Nick Barnett cut too.

Jairus Byrd is about to get some big $$$.

Phillips is too injury prone with knee and ankle issues

LaRon Landry was the same. It makes him all the cheaper. 1 year contract, possibly laden with bonuses per game.

Landry will be away tho won't he? Any idea where he going?

I see that if you release Pioua (sp?) that the Jets save $3.9 million.

Landry will be away tho won't he? Any idea where he going?

I see that if you release Pioua (sp?) that the Jets save $3.9 million.

We won't keep him but I don't know who's interested. There's a clause in his contract that says we can't franchise tag him and he will want more money than we can afford right now.

Pouha is 34 and had back problems last year. He's on too much money to keep so I reckon he's away. We have Kenrick Ellis (3rd round pick in 2011) who stepped up last year and played well. Along with Wilkerson and Coples, we have a great young D Line. Lacking in depth a wee bit though if DeVito doesn't re-sign.

The cap situation isn't as bad as it seems. If we cut Jason Smith, Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, Tim Tebow, Eric Smith (S) and Pouha, that saves $35m. Granted, we will severely lack depth but there is no other choice. Nyjetscap.com wrote a massive 3 part article on getting our cap to $30m under. Link to the shorter conclusion here if anyone's interested. And he's just a guy with a passion for numbers.

We won't keep him but I don't know who's interested. There's a clause in his contract that says we can't franchise tag him and he will want more money than we can afford right now.

Pouha is 34 and had back problems last year. He's on too much money to keep so I reckon he's away. We have Kenrick Ellis (3rd round pick in 2011) who stepped up last year and played well. Along with Wilkerson and Coples, we have a great young D Line. Lacking in depth a wee bit though if DeVito doesn't re-sign.

The cap situation isn't as bad as it seems. If we cut Jason Smith, Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, Tim Tebow, Eric Smith (S) and Pouha, that saves $35m. Granted, we will severely lack depth but there is no other choice. Nyjetscap.com wrote a massive 3 part article on getting our cap to $30m under. Link to the shorter conclusion here if anyone's interested. And he's just a guy with a passion for numbers.

That is a really good explanation of the Jets salary cap situation and I gained a fair amount of understanding of the cap itself from this. Most of my cap knowledge is from the Madden games, but this breakdown is several levels above the kind of stuff you get in them.

I keep meaning to go up and watch them but can't seem to find the energy to get my butt up to Edinburgh from the Borders.

Might take the wee man now that he can actually sit still for 15 minutes or so

I actually enjoyed the games last season. Meadowbank is a horrible place to watch anything though. Always freezing!!

Would it be worth having a P&B gathering at one of the games? Few pints and everyone can moan about POTC??!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/12/bears-terminate-contract-of-johnny-knox/

Bears release Johnny Knox.

Shame, he looked a decent option in the slot. Absolutely the worst injury I've ever seen in any sport. I only saw it once and never want to see it again. He should at least have made a little bit of money this past season that might sustain him for a while into the future.