NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

I think Vick could still have a good year left in him and could be a stopgap, Alex Smith is obviously a better player but with a better offensive line in KC Vick could do more than he could in Philly. I'm just not convinced by Geno Smith atm and he isn't the best player in the draft and KC have a lot of needs on both sides and holding out for Johnny Football is better than settling for Geno Smith IMO.

The Chiefs have a good team. They are not guaranteed a top 10 pick next year and Manzoiel and Bridgewater will be gone in the top 3. David Fales will likely be taken high a well so there is no guarantee that they can improve on Geno Smith. Smith wi make the Chief better and the Chiefs will make the play offs.

The Chiefs have a good team. They are not guaranteed a top 10 pick next year and Manzoiel and Bridgewater will be gone in the top 3. David Fales will likely be taken high a well so there is no guarantee that they can improve on Geno Smith. Smith wi make the Chief better and the Chiefs will make the play offs.

Hmm I think you're a bit too high on the Chiefs mate.

Provided Peyton is healthy, the Broncos are taking the division. That leaves two wild card places at least one of which will almost certainly go to the AFC North. Outside of that I personally like Miami and San Diego to have decent seasons too. It's a difficult task for KC albeit they'll have a Colts type piss-easy schedule.

Hmm I think you're a bit too high on the Chiefs mate.

Provided Peyton is healthy, the Broncos are taking the division. That leaves two wild card places at least one of which will almost certainly go to the AFC North. Outside of that I personally like Miami and San Diego to have decent seasons too. It's a difficult task for KC albeit they'll have a Colts type piss-easy schedule.

The Dolphins are good too. They need a number 1 WR, I think Hartline would benefit more from being a number 2 (Greg Jennings?) On defense, their front 7 is unbelievable. Need some help in the secondary though, I think Sean Smith is a FA. San Diego have more holes and if they can't get that O Line sorted, Rivers will keep throwing a ridiculous amount of interceptions.

Anyway, the Chiefs have a lot of good pieces. Jamaal Charles, Eric Winston, Brandon Albert (won't resign if Joeckel is picked), Dwayne Bowe (or drafted WR), Justin Houston, Tamba Hali, Derrick Brooks, Brandon Flowers, Glenn Dorsey. Javier Arenas and Eric Berry are decent as well. So much talent that they had 5 players go to the Pro Bowl in a 1 win season. Justin Houston is a dream player for me, he's brilliant.

The Dolphins are good too. They need a number 1 WR, I think Hartline would benefit more from being a number 2 (Greg Jennings?) On defense, their front 7 is unbelievable. Need some help in the secondary though, I think Sean Smith is a FA. San Diego have more holes and if they can't get that O Line sorted, Rivers will keep throwing a ridiculous amount of interceptions.

Anyway, the Chiefs have a lot of good pieces. Jamaal Charles, Eric Winston, Brandon Albert (won't resign if Joeckel is picked), Dwayne Bowe (or drafted WR), Justin Houston, Tamba Hali, Derrick Brooks, Brandon Flowers, Glenn Dorsey. Javier Arenas and Eric Berry are decent as well. So much talent that they had 5 players go to the Pro Bowl in a 1 win season. Justin Houston is a dream player for me, he's brilliant.

I pegged Greg Jennings at Miami too and I'd love to see that. He'd be brilliant for a young QB like Tannehill who could still go either way. If not I think they'll be taking a WR at 12 (?) and they'll also have a top ten pick in the second round which is where TE's usually go. They have a good chance to surround Tannehill with talent although Reggie Bush will be a loss as a runner and receiver out the back field.

They have some great players but I read a lot of previews last season saying things like they had the most talented roster outside of the quarterback in the whole league and so obviously something's gone badly wrong last season. I think they'll improve for Reid but who knows what the issue was with KC last year, they shouldn't have been that bad.

Geno Smith is never a #1 overall. The best teams rarely draft for need, just fill your team with good players and you'll be fine eventually. They should take joeckel and go after Alex smith hard.

I agree, from what I've seen Smith shouldn't go #1. But then the best teams have a QB as well so it's easier for them to sit and be patient and make prudent picks.

Why Vick? If they are looking for Free Agent QB then its Alex Smith they should be chasing

Vick is Finished

Smith is a better qb at this point, but I think he would want a longer deal than Vick and this is meant to be a one or two year stopgap. Plus Vick is used to Andy Reids offense.

Another option for them is to trade for Mallet, as I am sure we would let him go for a second round pick. This would obviously be if they didnt think they could get a decent qb next year.

Edited by BishyTON

I pegged Greg Jennings at Miami too and I'd love to see that. He'd be brilliant for a young QB like Tannehill who could still go either way. If not I think they'll be taking a WR at 12 (?) and they'll also have a top ten pick in the second round which is where TE's usually go. They have a good chance to surround Tannehill with talent although Reggie Bush will be a loss as a runner and receiver out the back field.

They have some great players but I read a lot of previews last season saying things like they had the most talented roster outside of the quarterback in the whole league and so obviously something's gone badly wrong last season. I think they'll improve for Reid but who knows what the issue was with KC last year, they shouldn't have been that bad.

Jamaal Charles had 12 or less carries 5 times last year. Not good enough for a RB who has the higher yards per carry in the history of the NFL. I don't know about the defense because all the pieces are there.

Geno Smith is never a #1 overall. The best teams rarely draft for need, just fill your team with good players and you'll be fine eventually. They should take joeckel and go after Alex smith hard.

The Chiefs have loads of good players. It's not happening because of the single most important position. I can see a situation where they take Joeckel and save money on resigning Brandon Albert who has had back issues. However, the notion that they just dismiss the position altogether and wait until next year seems foolish to me. Michael Vick lost Andy Reid his job, I don't see him going to the Chiefs. It's lazy journalism.

The Chiefs have loads of good players. It's not happening because of the single most important position. I can see a situation where they take Joeckel and save money on resigning Brandon Albert who has had back issues. However, the notion that they just dismiss the position altogether and wait until next year seems foolish to me. Michael Vick lost Andy Reid his job, I don't see him going to the Chiefs. It's lazy journalism.

Agreed, which is why I suggested they target Alex smith, who despite getting the pish ripped out him by the 49ers for years is actually a pretty decent QB.

The Giants depth chart as it stands

QB - Eli Manning

QB2 - Curtis Painter

RB1 - David Wilson

RB2 - Andre Brown

FB - Henry Hynoski's

TE - Bear Pascoe

WR - Victor Cruz, Hakeem Nicks, Reuben Randle, Jerrell Jernigan

T - James Brewer, David Diehl

C - David Baas

G - Chris Snee, Brandon Mosley

DE - Jason Pierre-Paul, Justin Tuck

DT - Linval Joseph, Marvin Austin

LOLB - Jacquan Williams or Spencer Paysinger

MLB - Mark Herzlich

ROLB - Mathias Kiawanuka

CB - Corey Webster, Prince Amukamara, Jayron Hosley

SS - Antrel Rolle

FS - Stevie Brown

K -

P- Steve Weatherford

Hopefully QB David Carr, TE Martellus Bennett, MLB Chase Blackburn, G Kevin Boothe, T Will Beatty, WR Ramses Barden, K Lawrence Tynes, SS Kenny Phillips and OLB Keith Rivers resign

Osi Umenyiora, Rocky Barnard, Domenik Hixon and Sean Locklear can leave.

Draft wise I'd like to see us take Linebacker and defensive lineman with the 1st & 2nd round picks. The rest of the draft can be used to add depth to areas we are short.

Free Agent wise it would be great if we could add OT Jake Long and G Louis Vazquez

Free Agency opens on March 12th

Hopefully we get our WR needs sorted in FA and can land Dion Jordan in the draft

Iv seen the Phins linked with

Kenny Vaccaro (S) Texas

Johnthan Banks (CB ) Mississippi St

Cordarelle Patterson (WR) Tennessee

Keenan Allen (WR) Cal

Lane Johnson (T) Oklahoma

Ezekiel Ansah (DE) BYU

Edited by lichtie23