NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Re-watched the Jets game and our DL is unbelievable - especially against the run. Richardson and Harrison (NT) make a huge difference and their ability to get off blocks and make the tackle is what was missing last year. Wilkerson is a beast as usual. Just a shame that Coples is hurt because we would get even more pressure on passing downs. This week will be a great test as the Pats OL is one of the best in the league. However, if there's a weakness, I think it's at RG. Who happens to line up at LE for us? Yes, Muhammad Wilkerson.

I thought Geno's performance was good. The protection from the OL was good for the most part and when he could stand in the pocket and deliver the ball, he did so accurately. He rarely took shots down the field, even when Hill was single covered. He showed good anticipation at times but on other throws he was a bit hesitant and decided to scramble/check down. On the interception, D'Brick got blown away by the Bucs DE. Geno's first 2 reads were covered so he decided to check down but was under pressure, off balance and made a wild throw. Great play by Mason Foster to read the QB and make the catch but, ultimately a mistake from Geno. Encouraging first week.

Well, just caught up with all the games on GamePass (condensed view, what a feature), and here's my thoughts on Week 1.

Peyton Manning should be inducted into the Hall of Fame now, and hang the rules over how long he needs to be retired for!

Losing to a team who managed 17 rushing yards on 18 carries and had 10 penalties for almost 100 yards isn't the sign of an 'improving' side. Yes Cleveland, I'm looking at you. Pleasing though. Weeden is NOT a good QB, I don't care what anyone says.

Winning when not playing particularly well is a well used indicator in sports that you're doing something right. On that basis, Miami, Chicago, Houston, and New England should be well chuffed. Oh, and the Jets too.

Jacksonville are fucking awful, and could easily match Detroit's 0-16 of a few years ago. Can't see that franchise being in Florida too much longer. Los Angeles and London the two likliest moves probably. And hey, Blaine Gabbert? :lol:

Andrew Luck could have a very good year. Hopefully from Week 3 onwards :P . Impeccable v The Raiders. As for Oakland, Pryor gives them an added dimension. The AFC West looks a one horse race, but they could certainly attain 2nd place with a bit of luck.

RG3 needs games. Nowhere near fully fit, although if games were five, er, fifths, then Washington would probably have won.

What's happened to Cam Newton? Are the rest of the Panthers that bad, or has he genuinely regressed after his explosive debut season?

Green Bay v San Fran was one of the first NFC matches of the season. It could well be the very last one too.

When did the AFC North get so bad? Probably the worst shape it's been in, even back through the old AFC Central days. The Ravens should still win it, but the other sides look average at best.

My favourite game of week 1 was probably the Cowboys-Giants game, hugely entertaining fayre. Still not convinced by Romo, and Dallas were helped enormously by Manning's erratic arm. The NFC East is wide open this season IMO. Four decent sides there.

Loving it again! :thumsup2

Don't know how many of you lads are staying up for Jets @ Patriots tomorrow night but I recommend you watch the programme before it called A Football life. It's a superb programme. Tomorrows on Tebow but hopefully they show the Barry Sanders episode soon. It's absolutely fantastic. They show is made by the same folk that made the Americas Game series. And that's done of the best NFL programming iv watched