NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Do you have a gif of it. I've still not seen it real time. The ball is in Verner's hands immediately to the left.

Glad to see the thug Coples fined too for his cheap shot as I feel that was much worse than Wilkerson who was just late.

I do agree Griffin's looks bad there but he has said he led with his shoulder but I don't think there's any doubt his helmet makes contact. As I said I'd like to see it but can't seem to find it.

No gif but here's the video.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000252325/Alterraun-Verner-picks-off-Geno-Smith

Somebody leaked (Cough, Cough , Schiano...) that Freeman was on stage one of the substance abuse program (Freeman says he inadvertantly took Ritalin for his prescription for ADHD and failed a test) Apparently he's passed 46 drugs tests since but the leak has probably undermined his trade chances. The NFLPA are pissed about the leak.

Schiano is just an even shittier version of Nick Saban.

Edited by Sloop John B

Somebody leaked (Cough, Cough , Schiano...) that Freeman was on stage one of the substance abuse program (Freeman says he inadvertantly took Ritalin for his prescription for ADHD and failed a test) Apparently he's passed 46 drugs tests since but the leak has probably undermined his trade chances. The NFLPA are pissed about the leak.

Schiano is just an even shittier version of Nick Saban.

I read that he mistakenly took Ritalin, and that he was in the program but this was days ago, never thought it would snowball to being cut.

Schiano is adamant he's not the source of the leaks though.

Regardless of who intimated to the press that Freeman was in rehab, it was a really lowdown, dirty thing to do. For all of his faults, he hasn't had issues with substance misuse and by letting that slip it forced the guy to disclose a medical condition to which he should be entitled to privacy.

That's not the way a person in a position of responsibility should act if it's within the Bucs coaching or management and it's not the way a teammate should act if it's come from the locker room.

Though Freeman has certainly been far from flawless in this divorce, my sympathies certainly lay with him throughout and good luck to him as he tries to retrieve a once promising career. More and more you get the feeling he will be lasting longer in the league than Schiano - and that is a shame as I liked his approach last season by large.

Who's watching and who's going to come out on top? I've picked the Broons, but are they good enough for 3 in a row?

The Thursday matches have been rank since the first one.

I'll pick the bills, they started the season with so much promise.

Still Jordan Cameron is having a superb season so I expect him to do damage tonight.