NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

I never bothered recording it (and there was no chance I could say up for it). Were we (the Texans), struggling all round again, or was it mainly just Schaub?

I see we gave T.J. Yates the 4th quarter, did he do much of note? I'd be interested to see Case Keenum get a shot, lot of buzz about him in Houston. Unless Schaub has a dramatic turnaround, this seasons going to be a write-off anyway.

Edited by Spain

I never bothered recording it (and there was no chance I could say up for it). Were we (the Texans), struggling all round again, or was it mainly just Schaub?

I see we gave T.J. Yates the 4th quarter, did he do much of note? I'd be interested to see Case Keenum get a shot, lot of buzz about him in Houston. Unless Schaub has a dramatic turnaround, this seasons going to be a write-off anyway.

Foster was good, always seemed to gain an extra few yards after being tackles.

Tate was ok too.

JJ Watt was great, seemed like he was the only one making it through the line consistently to pressure kap.

Schaub was bad though, and so was some of the play calling.

It didn't help that he threw the pick 6 after 2 minutes though.

But the texans were running the ball effectively yet there were times where it would be 3rd and 1 and there would be an empty backfield and schaub is chucking it up for Johnson to go get.

Daniels/Johnson didn't do much, and the 49ers special teams seemed to pin your punt returner inside the 10 every time.

Yates came on and followed with a few hand offs to RBs, so didn't really do anything.(could have swore he threw a pick though!)

They reckon schaub will start again next game but he looks really shaky out there, O line did a decent job buying him time too even against a depleted 49ers D.

Edited by thehoss

So... erm... My prediction at the start of the season for Schaub to come good... let's just forget about that shall we?

:(

Could have been worse, you could have bet £10 on the texans winning their division.

While it's still possible , I'm not so sure matt schaub recovers from last night.

Wow.....Raiders upsetting. San Diego

I've heard a few people say this, but I don't think it really was an upset. The Chargers aren't very good, and the Raiders are nowhere near as bad as people have made out since... well, basically all year long.

It was just two poor teams that were quite evenly matched. And I'm fucking knackered from staying up to watch it.

Raiders were comfortable winners, even I was never doubted the result all game once TP got going.

Looks like we're easily a lot better than our original 32nd on the "power rankings" at the start of the season, we gotta be t least 29th now :thumsup2

What we need is to keep TP fit, keep some RBs fit so TP doesn't have to do it all, and improve the D in the draft next year. Playoffs here we come, next season.