NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

There's going to be a few people who lose their jobs out of this.

I have always thought that Goodell is a decent fella, and that some of the difficult amd unpopular things he's implemented come from moral/letigious reasons, but the organisation is now completely discredited and he'll end up going.

He's very popular with the owners, and is basically their senior administator and I'm sure they'll support him as long as they can but the Government will get in on this and they'll be forced kicking and screaming into reform. They're starting to look like FIFA and the revelation that they have had this information casts doubt on everything they've stated and decided in recent times from their concussion lawsuit to drug use amongst their players.

And then the Ravens will have casualties too.

It's serendipitous that in the same week that Penn State have their sanctions stemming from a criminal matter revoked, the NFL faces great damage over another criminal matter that ultimately never proceeded. It just raises an interesting question about whether sports should police themselves. After all, why aren't the police and courts being hammered for not having this piece of imprisoned with such evidence?

He hit is kid with a branch? American parenting is wierd . Also hate parents that discipline children in public always felt it something that should be private ine in the house(shouldnt involve a brach/stick/switch either)

I'm just shocked AP realised he had children.

Didn't one die last year and he didn't go to the funeral?

No your not the only one, I had to search to find out what it was.

BTW, here's an interactive NFL arrest tracker which seems to be needed more and more. Vikings currently extending their lead

Never seen that before - the Bengals have always been good for at least a couple of DUIs/getting caught with recreationals every year.

I'm just shocked AP realised he had children.

Didn't one die last year and he didn't go to the funeral?

After reading more about AP. I think his career is over.

The photos and text messages are terrible. The kid was 4 FFS. Apparently hitting your kid with a big stick is common in some parts of the US.

Just read a bit on the Peterson stuff, pretty crazy, not sure how this is any different from the ray rice incident.

Going by some of the quotes he seems to think it would be ok as long as he just hit the kids ass! His biggest regret is the stick wrapped around the kids legs and caught his thighs and nuts.

Who the f**k smacks their kid with a stick? The report also says he plucked the leaves off the branch before smacking him with it? That's just crazy!

Just read a bit on the Peterson stuff, pretty crazy, not sure how this is any different from the ray rice incident.

Going by some of the quotes he seems to think it would be ok as long as he just hit the kids ass! His biggest regret is the stick wrapped around the kids legs and caught his thighs and nuts.

Who the f**k smacks their kid with a stick? The report also says he plucked the leaves off the branch before smacking him with it? That's just crazy!

It's way worse IMO. Rice lost it in a drunken rage. Peterson planned it. To be fair he doesn't seem to think he done anything wrong which just goes to show how fucked up the US is when it comes to certain things.

I don't mind if someone wants to give their child smack on the bum with a hand if the child needs it however I'm very reticent to do it myself as I'm 6ft quite strong and would be scared that I would actually hurt them. this guy is a finely tuned very powerful athlete and would probably make me cry doing this never mind a child!!!!

What games is everyone going to watch today? I like choosing games to watch in full rather than redzone. Think today will be new England vs Minnesota and Seattle v San Diego

Detroit @ Carolina would probably be my pick. Arizona are one of my favourite teams to watch these days too but I dont know if I can watch them humping the Giants :(