NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

This probably should be in here rather than the game thread but the nfl really are making c***s of themselves again after fining Husain Abdullah for last night's celebration.

If it is about religion they can f**k off as the NFL is dripping in Christianity. If it is because he slid on knees then it is equally fucking stupid. Either way they come out of this looking awful.

Aren't fines normally handed out later in the week? Would be a joke if he is fined.

ETA: Seems like he hasn't been fined and the flag was thrown as he was sliding on his knees in the endzone before he prayed. Nothing to see here. Bit disappointed the NFL have had to say the referee was wrong to throw the flag to appease people who would misinterpret why it was thrown. Even Abdullah understood. Suppose it's the times we live in.

Edited by Dee4Life1893

Goodell is sucking the fun out the league every year. The celebration penalties this moron has put in place are just ludicrous. I use to love watching the creative celebrations Chad Johnson use to come up with when celebrating.....the killjoys obviously didn't enjoy this.

Hopefully when Goodell is punted (which he already should have been this season) the rules will be relaxed

There has been some tremendous celebrations in the past.

Donte Stallworth (I think) phoning someone from the endzone after hiding the phone in the goalpost padding

Steve Smith wiping the balls ass as if he was changing a nappy

Chad Johnson putting on the HOF jacket with "Hall of game class 20??" On the back

T.O dumping the popcorn in his face

T.O celebrating in the Star at midfield of Texas stadium and being crushed by a Cowboy who wasn't best pleased.

The Randy Moss fake mooning

0-16 I guess it is then.

Any idea who the best option as No1 draft pick is?

Pretty certain won't be picked by Oakland anyway, as by the we'll have traded that away for another lame duck QB!

0-16 I guess it is then.

Pretty certain won't be picked by Oakland anyway, as by the we'll have traded that away for another lame duck QB!

Marcus Mariota (QB, Oregon) looks likely to be the number 1 pick at this very early stage.

0-16 I guess it is then.

Marcus Mariota (QB, Oregon) looks likely to be the number 1 pick at this very early stage.

Few QBs sitting near the top of the board at the minute with Mariota, Jameis Winston and Brett Hundley all very highly rated. Amari Cooper and Devin Funchess are pick of the bunch at WR for me as well as Dorial Green-Beckham if he can get his act together. Todd Gurley is the best RB this year and has the potential to be a superstar. Only lineman I know is good is the guy who played opposite Jake Matthews at A&M last year, can't say I'm familiar with any others yet.

On defence there are a couple of D linemen who have had a really strong start to this season but I cant see them being top 10 picks, certainly nobody I've seen so far in the same class as some of the guys from last year. The DB from Oregon with the mental name is an excellent player (it's like Epre-Alamo or something like that), as is PJ Williams from Florida State (not sure if he's coming out this year right enough...)

Few QBs sitting near the top of the board at the minute with Mariota, Jameis Winston and Brett Hundley all very highly rated. Amari Cooper and Devin Funchess are pick of the bunch at WR for me as well as Dorial Green-Beckham if he can get his act together. Todd Gurley is the best RB this year and has the potential to be a superstar. Only lineman I know is good is the guy who played opposite Jake Matthews at A&M last year, can't say I'm familiar with any others yet.

On defence there are a couple of D linemen who have had a really strong start to this season but I cant see them being top 10 picks, certainly nobody I've seen so far in the same class as some of the guys from last year. The DB from Oregon with the mental name is an excellent player (it's like Epre-Alamo or something like that), as is PJ Williams from Florida State (not sure if he's coming out this year right enough...)

Winston will fall and I don't rate Hundley. Funchess is an absolute stud - top 10 pick for sure. I like Rashad Greene too although I don't think he'll be a 1st rounder. He was better than Kelvin Benjamin last year and started strong this year.

Ekpre Olomu is the guy and he is also right up there in the top 10 conversation. Vic Beasley and Leonard Williams are pass rushers that have stood out to me so far (Beasley mostly on last year).

Amari Cooper is going to be huge. Have you seen this guy? He is frightening!

Hundley should stay at UCLA another year in my opinion.

Can Hundley stay another year? I thought this was his senior year