NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

DeMarco Murray is on pace for 2,093 yards this season. Single season rushing record is 2,105. Definitely achievable the way he's running (anf the way the OL is blocking).

Would love to see it, as much as I hate the Cowboys Murray has been one of my favourite players the last couple of years. Can't see him lasting the season at this rate though, surely he must slow down soon

Joseph Randle fined but will still be eligible to play after being charged with shoplifting yesterday...

Honest to god; what goes through some of these guys heads sometimes? Allegedly lifter $123 worth of underwear & cologne :lol:

Jets signing an another over-rated, overpaid wide receiver to go with the one they signed up in the summer. Quelle surprise.

Definitely not over rated. The guy can do some truly special things, just under used with the Seahawks and injured last season at Vikings

He can do special things, no doubt about it. However that is negated by the amount of time he spends on the physio table. And now he has to contend with having Geno Smith as his QB.

Nothing do do with his talent though. And to be fair he's taken a couple of sizable hits already this season and doesnt look like getting hurt, maybe he's past it. Either way he's worth every second he spends holding the ball.

So a conditional mid round pick. Meh. Seems it's mire to do with Harvin's potential salary over the next few years though no guarantees after this season. 6 ypc on 22 receptions I'm sure Carroll can get production out of one of his other ends. Gave up a first rounder and two late picks for him just last year. At least #3 will get a contract, just need to get someone to through to now.

Provides a deep threat for the Jets and maybe they were missing that kind of player on Thursday night where they played pretty well but still lost? Geno has some decent targets now. Probably better than Wilson does, imo.

What, what what. Its not as if the Hawks are loaded with receiving talent. He was also get end around and reverse plays. What/ who did Seattle get?

I disagree, I think they have a fair bit of talent in their pass catchers, the problem is feeding them all in the current run-heavy system. Jermaine Kearse and Doug Baldwin have shown they have the ability when theyve been given the chance, Paul Richardson is an awesome talent I cant wait to see play and Zach Miller is a very under rated pass catching TE. I dont think the gulls will miss him

It's come as a shock out here in Seattle.

Although the news are reporting him to be difficult to deal with, and generally being an expensive mistake. It also tells everyone that no one is bigger than the team, something I feel they are pretty guilty of this season.

I disagree, I think they have a fair bit of talent in their pass catchers, the problem is feeding them all in the current run-heavy system. Jermaine Kearse and Doug Baldwin have shown they have the ability when theyve been given the chance, Paul Richardson is an awesome talent I cant wait to see play and Zach Miller is a very under rated pass catching TE. I dont think the gulls will miss him

Zach is currently injured. Lockette may get more plays. I think they got another receiver in the draft, not sure if he was cut or in the development squad. The World Champions have struggled with air miles. Top receiver only has 200 yds, Baldwin. Not got a great passing option out of the backfield either. We need a Largent type clutch receiver, a guy Russ can target 8-10 times a game.

This came out of nowhere. Mornhinweg's crazy offense will certainly look to involve Harvin heavily and he is very explosive - something we've been missing. I also think a big reason we traded for him was because of special teams. We need a decent returner and have been trying desperately to find one since Joe McKnight left.

Conditional mid round pick seems like peanuts too.

Jets signing an another over-rated, overpaid wide receiver to go with the one they signed up in the summer. Quelle surprise.

We didn't overpay Decker and he is an excellent receiver. His precise routes create separation and the offense is lost without him (see game @San Diego).