NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

I dot understand why the Bears are playing Jimmy Clausen instead of David Fales who was drafted this year. Clausen isn't going to be your future QB and the Bears can't make the playoffs. Why don't you throw in the rookie and see what happens? I liked Fales a lot in college. He's a pocket passer with little mobility but was still very successful because of his accuracy and decision making.

I dot understand why the Bears are playing Jimmy Clausen instead of David Fales who was drafted this year. Clausen isn't going to be your future QB and the Bears can't make the playoffs. Why don't you throw in the rookie and see what happens? I liked Fales a lot in college. He's a pocket passer with little mobility but was still very successful because of his accuracy and decision making.

This was the basis of my tear stained rant; granted I was far more concerned about my fantasy team than da Bears but either play the rookie or stick by your QB who you've just given a 7 year contract to.

O'Brien still playing cards close to his chest as to who he'll start at QB: Keenum & Lewis. He's been bigging Keenum up a bit the last few days though. Either way, this'll be our 4th QB this year.

Decent game last night, despite one hobbled QB and one third stringer, both of whom were very good. Whitehurst looked efficient and accurate, let down by the 'off the street' receivers a couple of times for big plays. And the running game, their running backs are turrible, its a big statement when Leon Washington is clearly the standout . I just dont know what it is with Sankey, I know a few of you guys were really confident that he wouldnt be able to do it in the NFL start of season so fair play, mustve seen something I didnt. It sucks because hes got the technical attributes and hes not exactly weak or slow or bad at making cuts, but things just never seem to go right for him, like hes seeing gaps that arent there or something.

Jaxonville receivers after Robinson and Hurns are so sketchy, Bortles had nobody to throw to and I lost count of how many times Shorts missed or dropped a catchable ball. Jags defence stood out for me; pass rush wasnt great outside of Scenderrick Marks (sp?) but the secondary looked much improved, especially in the second half. That lad Colvin was very impressive, I dont think he missed coverage once the full night, gave the rest of the D time to close CJs options and make stops. Running backs for Jax are still turrible as well, Gerhart is a waste of a jersey, Todman screams average joe and I dont know if Johnson got injured around halftime or what but he was a bit of a non-factor.

Blake Bortles has had close to a full season as Jags QB and he still looks really poor. Gonna go ahead and confidently predict he's a massive bust. #3 pick in the draft, kind of ridiculous really.

^Biggest over reaction of the season?

I kid, but really he's been all right considering the pressure he's faced. Keep in mind this is a team with 5 of us on the O line, no running backs, 1 good receiver and 1 alright receiver while the rest of his offence are garbage. And then you have to think about the situations he's been put in, basically having to try for big plays because the defence for big chunks of the season couldnt stop any other team from scoring on them, so BB and the offence were being forced to play catchup

With all that considered it's still been pretty bad. Obviously he deserves more time and protection but his season can't be completely written off for that.

Teddy has very similar problems except he has a better defense. Derek Carr also has no weapons around him and they've both performed much better than Bortles.

I kid, but really he's been all right considering the pressure he's faced. Keep in mind this is a team with 5 of us on the O line, no running backs, 1 good receiver and 1 alright receiver while the rest of his offence are garbage. And then you have to think about the situations he's been put in, basically having to try for big plays because the defence for big chunks of the season couldnt stop any other team from scoring on them, so BB and the offence were being forced to play catchup

So in short - he aint no Andrew Luck.

I've made the Championship game of one of the Dynasty Leagues I am in which is this week, but I have a killer decision to make and wondered what you guys thought!

I have Peyton Manning as my starting quarterback which has been pretty decent for the best part of the season. However, he is now carrying a thigh injury and the Broncos have started to establish a running game which has eating up his fantasy points. Earlier in the season he was averaging me 30 points per game but the last three have been 14, 1 and 13.

My backup is RGIII. He has barely figured this season, but is getting the start tonight versus the Eagles. His last outing saw him sacked 7 times. But the Eagles secondary is week and RGIII has the potential to break a run for 100 yards.

I am tempted to start RGIII just to make the game tonight a lot more interesting than it would have been for me lol, but who would you guys start given the circumstances?

Peyton Manning or RGIII

I'd go with RG3. He put up a decent score last week and almost had a rushing TD before it was rules a fumble. He will need to throw the ball a lot because of the game script and the matchup is pretty good anyway.

You can point out that he plays for a poor team as much as you like but Chad Henne and Blaine Gabbert had the same issues and no-one would say they're good QB's. Bortles just looks really bad. His throwing motion and his mechanics are all wrong. His decision making is really bad. All his passing yards come several minutes before HT or in garbage time when he's up against soft zones. Bridgewater is improving every game while Bortles seems to be going backwards if anything.

I know he's your guy Stewbo and I get that but imo he is Geno Smith bad.

Edited by SuperCaleyGoBallistic

Need a Colts win tonight. If that happens, 'Skins have a real chance of making a really **** season end on a very nice high.

In dream land....

Colts beat Cowboys

Eagles beat Giants

'Skins beat Cowboys.

This will be glorious on a few levels....

.500 finish for Skins in NFC East

Clean sweep against Jerry's boys

Dallas fail in another win and in tie

Sadly, most likely thing to happen is totally different

Edited by Antiochas III