NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

@ESPNNFL: BREAKING: Wes Welker agrees to terms with Denver Broncos!!Power shift in the AFC

So that paves the way for Amendola to go too the cheat's. I could live with Danny in any other jersey but not that one. Personal heart break if that happens.

Can't believe the pats let welker go.

If they bring in amendola it's hardly an upgrade. He has the potential but not any more instanct impact that welker had/has.

Amendola can play outside. Welker can't.

Ryan Swope anyone?

Didn't stop welker being the most targeted received past few seasons, will amendola catch as much as welker?

I don't think he (or anyone) will be targeted as much as Welker was. Amendola is a prolific catcher of the bal while Welker drops it a lot (15 times last season) .

Welker without a HOF QB, is nowhere near as good IMO.

I don't think he (or anyone) will be targeted as much as Welker was. Amendola is a prolific catcher of the bal while Welker drops it a lot (15 times last season) .

Welker without a HOF QB, is nowhere near as good IMO.

He is getting bad at the dropped passes now sure, but he did ok with cassel as his QB too and Bradford is better than him probably.

But all fair points.

You still worried about revis going? Or you hoping the new management team can do something to appease him?

He is getting bad at the dropped passes now sure, but he did ok with cassel as his QB too and Bradford is better than him probably.

But all fair points.

You still worried about revis going? Or you hoping the new management team can do something to appease him?

I don't think it's in our best interests to give him the money he wants. We have a lot of holes.

Yeremiah Bell signed with the Cardinals. That's not good news. We have 2 Safety's that were drafted in Rounds 6 & 7 last year. None of them has shown much (not really had the chance mind you).

I don't think it's in our best interests to give him the money he wants. We have a lot of holes.

Interesting. So letting revis go will set you up better in the long run as long as you get some nice picks and draft well.

Maybe a rough couple seasons for jets fans,hopefully fireman Ed comes back.

Very busy day for the Cardinals:

Signed QB Drew Stanton

Signed RB Rashard Mendenhall

Signed LB Lorenzo Alexander

Signed CB Jerraud Powers

Signed S Yeremiah Bell

Released S Kerry Rhodes

Can anyone tell me anything about them if they've been on your team? I'm actually quite pleased with the two offensive players but I'm actually pretty gutted about what they've done with this defense this offseason. Post Superbowl they spent years drafting well and getting good young players under contract and pairing them with very solid veterans and having one of the brightest young coaching prospects to lead them. It's been torn apart in a matter of months to be replaced by never have beens.

Pats agree in principle 5 year contract with Danny Amendola. $31 million, $10 million guaranteed.

10 mins ago they were in talks with his representatives.

It's a huge risk but could pay off. Almost identical numbers to Welker signing in 07.