NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

I wonder what Davis' personal life situation is. Will the NFL begin to look at a players background to see if they are more likely to retire early? Chris Borland was affluent and didn't need to play football, whereas for a lot of players their athletic ability has elevated them from a horrific upbringing.

I know Lions OG Laken Tomlinson wants to be a brain surgeon but that didn't stop him being drafted in the first round. Maybe I'm talking shite (as per).

I'm sure Patrick Willis came from an incredibly tough childhood so maybe it's a case of getting out with the money and their health intact.

It seems that the people from Chip's previous stops swear by him. That has to mean something.

You'd think. But then we know that Rafa Benitez still manages to get a job, more often than not a better one, despite his fairly shoddy track record

Since Chip came into the league, he has been an innovator. He hasn't just accepted the NFL way to do things like most other coaches. He is thinking outside the box and, most importantly, thinking for himself.

His approach to personnel is intriguing to me. He puts stock in bone density looking for physically superior athletes. I also quite like that if you're not all in then you're out the door. Proves that coaching is more important than talent. If Belichick was the one making all these moves then he'd be hailed as a genius.

Since Chip came into the league, he has been an innovator. He hasn't just accepted the NFL way to do things like most other coaches. He is thinking outside the box and, most importantly, thinking for himself.

His approach to personnel is intriguing to me. He puts stock in bone density looking for physically superior athletes. I also quite like that if you're not all in then you're out the door. Proves that coaching is more important than talent. If Belichick was the one making all these moves then he'd be hailed as a genius.

Not if he was an utter failure he wouldn't be.

Not if he was an utter failure he wouldn't be.

You can hardly call Kelly an utter failure in what he's done so far. If anything he's made a terrible looking Philadelphia defence in to a fairly decent looking unit. I like the fact that he's willing to let big names go if he thinks they'll be a detriment to his philosophy or the morale of the team. I'm big in to learning about the psychology of morale and leadership and shit just now so I can see what he's looking to do in relation to that sort of thing.

You can hardly call Kelly an utter failure in what he's done so far. If anything he's made a terrible looking Philadelphia defence in to a fairly decent looking unit. I like the fact that he's willing to let big names go if he thinks they'll be a detriment to his philosophy or the morale of the team. I'm big in to learning about the psychology of morale and leadership and shit just now so I can see what he's looking to do in relation to that sort of thing.

I wouldn't say he was either...yet..

But saying " if BB did it" doesn't take into account that BB is a winning coach. Kelly still needs to prove that.

Edited by invergowrie arab

Kelly's a fantastic coach and I love some of the innovations he's making on that side but his personnel decisions this off-season have been pretty bad and he seems to struggle to get along with players. If someone that wasn't Chip was making personnel decisions for the Eagles they'd have been contenders this year I reckon.

Kelly's a fantastic coach and I love some of the innovations he's making on that side but his personnel decisions this off-season have been pretty bad and he seems to struggle to get along with players. If someone that wasn't Chip was making personnel decisions for the Eagles they'd have been contenders this year I reckon.

Well, you don't really know that until the season starts. I like that he sticks by his convictions and gets rid of folk he doesn't like.

Well, you don't really know that until the season starts. I like that he sticks by his convictions and gets rid of folk he doesn't like.

It really depends if this is done on a personal or professional basis. It appears that it is more for the former than the latter.

It really depends if this is done on a personal or professional basis. It appears that it is more for the former than the latter.

How? LeSean McCoy was incredibly overpaid based on his play and they replaced him adequately with Murray. DeSean Jackson was a notorious diva and it's not uncommon to see negative locker room influences punted. Maclin was replaced by Agholor for a lot less money. We are yet to see what the deal is with Evan Mathis but I can see why Chip got rid of most of the players.

Foles for Bradford was a funny one in my mind, but he's brought something new to the game. The Eagles opener against the Skins in his first season was mind blowing. It's been massively entertaining since then. Think he's class!

Edited by Simplistic