NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

The Packers traded for Kansas City Chiefs reserve running back Knile Davis, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday, per a source informed of the swap. The Chiefs will receive a conditional late-round pick, likely based on playing time.

17 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

The Packers traded for Kansas City Chiefs reserve running back Knile Davis, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday, per a source informed of the swap. The Chiefs will receive a conditional late-round pick, likely based on playing time.

Backs up reports that Lacey's ankle injury is more serious than first thought. 

Needs to be Bryce Petty or Christian Hackenberg. We know who Geno is and he's not going to help us protect the football.

I'm changing my avatar away from the Jets as a sign of protest. I'm sure Bowles will hear this news and rectify the situation.

On 16 October 2016 at 00:36, Bully Wee Villa said:

Las Vegas seems increasingly likely.

Will the Raiders fans on here still support them if it goes through?

Why wouldn't we?

Unless someone had big ties to the Oakland area I'm not sure why they'd change the team they support. It's still going to be the Raiders at the end of the day; this isn't a re-brand, where deciding to stop supporting would be understandable. I'd guess 95%+ Raiders fans will continue to actively support the team, and the small number that don't will be easily replaced by previously-neutral Vegas locals that take up the team anyway.

Never said you shouldn't. For me, I'd be unhappy if the Bears left Chicago though. Not that I have any ties to the city, I just think it's a fairly rubbish thing to do to fans.

And before anyone points out the obvious... Rutherglen to Cumbernauld isn't quite the same distance as Oakland to Las Vegas!

49 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Never said you shouldn't. For me, I'd be unhappy if the Bears left Chicago though. Not that I have any ties to the city, I just think it's a fairly rubbish thing to do to fans.

And before anyone points out the obvious... Rutherglen to Cumbernauld isn't quite the same distance as Oakland to Las Vegas!

Well, Cumbernauld is the Las Vegas of Northern Europe.

6 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

If the Bears relocated to somewhere else is would be a major deal, and something which a huge percentage of the Bears support would oppose: that's a result of the Bears being one of the league's original teams, who have represented their city and the surrounding area for a long, long time. It also wouldn't make any business sense for the Bears to move as Chicago is a large market and they are the only player in the market.

The Raiders situation is different in that the fanbase are used to this sort of thing, having been moved to LA and then back to Oakland again in the past. Unfortunately, as a result of Al Davis being a maverick owner and Oakland a small market, disruption has been part of the history. The Raiders are also unique in that they probably have at least 5x as many fans in Los Angeles than they do their own city, which means even if the whole Oakland support were opposed to this move (which isn't the case anyway), they'll still have thousands of fans in LA who would travel to support the team - Vegas is only a 4-hour drive from LA, which actually makes it a more convenient location to a majority of the team's fans.

I'm sure it'll sting to plenty of Oakland fans, but most acknowledge that in terms of a business decision there is no viable way of staying in Oakland, as the city is too skint to have 2 sports teams (they had 3 until very recently, which was ridiculous) and have basically made no effort to keep the Raiders.