Kenny Miller

Guest Captain Sensible
Grow up Captain and take off your anti-every club in Scotland bar the Midden hat.  It may have slipped your notice but Kenny Miller couldn't score in a barrell of fannies as a result of Scotlands tactics/service he was getting and maybe even his own current form.  We know O'Connor and Miller would have a greater physical presence and we know they can bang the goals in.  They were worth trying at some point as it clearly wasn't working with Kenny Miller.

It's not about Stats and your hatred for all things not Midden it's about Scotland baging goals.  Grow up.

Enough Said.

550084[/snapback]

Its a shame that someone feels the need to resort to childish personal insults.

Not sure I understand your comment about Kenny Miller's 'current form'. :unsure:

He scored 20 goals in the championship last season (more than either O'Connor or Lee Miller and at a higher standard of football) plus was the subject of a £2m bid from a Premiership club.

I'd say that was decent form!

And we don't know that O'Connor & Lee Miller can score at international level. Indeed, Lee Miller wasn't even good enough for the English League One!

Sheffield United's Andy Gray should have been in ahead of Lee Miller.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a shame that someone feels the need to resort to childish personal insults.

Don't think grow up really comes into that I'm afraid, but good try.

Not sure I understand your comment about Kenny Miller's 'current form'

Ok 'Stato' how many has he scored or set up recently at International level?  Does his sclaffed effort that fell to McFadden against Moldova even count?

And we don't know that O'Connor & Lee Miller can score at international level.

No we don't and that's the point.  Unless they get on the park we'll never know but seeing as Smith is the classic Scots shite bag manager (now there's a personal insult) we'll never know.  Seeing as we don't seem to have anyone other than McFadden who seems to be able to score at that level surely one of the others is worth taking a gamble on?!?!

Sheffield United's Andy Gray should have been in ahead of Lee Miller.

Maybe, maybe not. To quote you in some way shape or form we don't know that Andy Gray can score at International level so lets just stick to the guys who were stripped and potentially ready to come on. They were there and should have been given the same chance that Berti took with McFadden and Fletcher in the first place. "lack of experience at that level" is a total cop out for a manager. Don't pick folk you're too scared to play, simple. We HAD to go for 3 points and he didn't, he bottled it.

what's this "we dont know if they can score at international level" PISH?

if that was the case, no-one would ever have been given a chance.

With that sort of attitude, no wonder younger players are being given a chance. :huh:

• 2 months later...
Kenny Miller was absolutely immense today and easily MOM. If he keeps up that level of performance he deserves to be scotland's no.1 striker.

662887[/snapback]

agreed

To every DICK who slated him in the first thread, f**k you and your footballing ignorance. For those of us who knew what was actually wrong and that Miller was an easy scapegoat for a managers ineptitude it was great to see him getting passes he could do something with and not lost causes.

As for Smith, Neil McCann sums it up really.

Well done boys, just wish Smith hadn't pulled the old boys act and brought McCann on.

Man of the match performance from Kenny today.He ran his socks off and covered every inch of the Hampden turf and took his goal really well.He was a constant menace to the Italy defence who were probably relieved to see him tire (understandably so) and go off.Brilliant stuff.

I'll be honest - I doubted him. However, his last few performances have been, dare I say it, as close to wirld-class as a Scotland striker playing on their own up front could produce. Maybe he's more of a 'confidence player' than I thought, as all it seemed to take was a goal at this level to produce a dramatic improvement. :)

Keep up the good work, Kenny :D

To every DICK who slated him in the first thread, f**k you and your footballing ignorance.  For those of us who knew what was actually wrong and that Miller was an easy scapegoat for a managers ineptitude it was great to see him getting passes he could do something with and not lost causes.

Well done boys, just wish Smith hadn't pulled the old boys act and brought McCann on.

663042[/snapback]

who were the subs....was rhere anyone better to replace quashie?

not a dig or a defence of smith i dont know who the subs were

who were the subs....was rhere anyone better to replace quashie?

not a dig or a defence of smith  i dont know who the subs were

663257[/snapback]

Faddy or Ian Murray could have came on, and would have been better options than McCann :unsure:

I've never given Miller dog's abuse but I have questioned some of his control and play however today he was more itallian than the itallians. A stunning performance, and for all those wondering what has changed in his game take note that for the Austria and Italy games the forawards coach has been McCoist. Coincidence? Perhaps not... ;)

To every DICK who slated him in the first thread, f**k you and your footballing ignorance.  For those of us who knew what was actually wrong and that Miller was an easy scapegoat for a managers ineptitude it was great to see him getting passes he could do something with and not lost causes.

663042[/snapback]

He was criticised in the first thread cos he deserved to be. He was good against austria and brilliant yesterday and received the praise he deserved. I knew there would be some fud who would come on and say 'i told you so' though.

Miller was exceptional yesterday, hard to believe he's the same player who has looked toothless in the past.

'Twas just a shame that in the second half none of the rest of our players (with the occasional exception of Fletcher) were willing to go within 40 yards of him, even on the many occasions where he won the ball and held it up. Scotland's level of effort was fantastic, but I think we could have beaten Italy had we actually been TRYING to in the second half.....

Archived