Catfish: The TV Show

Cityfan

This show is utter, utter shite. There are videos on youtube of the actors in the clip below, and they are actors, getting together to tell of how badly they were treated by the absolute lunchbox that presents the show. IIRC they only got paid like $500 each for it or something.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This show is utter, utter shite. There are videos on youtube of the actors in the clip below, and they are actors, getting together to tell of how badly they were treated by the absolute lunchbox that presents the show. IIRC they only got paid like $500 each for it or something.

Any chance you could link any of these Youtube videos?

Was all this recent? To be honest, I'd never doubted it before. I think the original concept was completely unique and real.

However when the most recent series started getting aired the episodes did seem a bit weird. A bit more dramatic than before. Were they maybe trying to hard for ratings they resorted to using unknown actors? Certainly seems that way now.

It's a shame because a show which has been so educational so to speak to warn the dangers of online relationships is now basically a sell out. Got to love the good old USA.

• 1 month later...

Catfish comes back next month (not sure about UK release). I know it's fake as f**k but it's still pretty gripping and quite often amusing.

It's a good idea but ffs, can't these people do a google search themselves? That is literally all Nev and Max do.

It's a good idea but ffs, can't these people do a google search themselves? That is literally all Nev and Max do.

Yeah they probably could but I think the main reason we're supposed to believe that the people need Nev & Max is for them to set up a meet. It's funny how easily the person on the other end of the phone gives in.

Nev: If we come out to ************ can we meet you?

Other person: Yeah sure.

Obviously we're all interested in who's going to answer the door when they get there though.

• 4 weeks later...

It's back! (US pace). This show really is hilarious because of how ridiculous it is and this season looks like it'll be a cracker. This is the only tv show I find enjoyment in it being so bad. Still no doubt in my mind that Nev is a total c**t. In Max's absence we will likely have to endure a string of useless guest hosts.

It's back! (US pace). This show really is hilarious because of how ridiculous it is and this season looks like it'll be a cracker. This is the only tv show I find enjoyment in it being so bad. Still no doubt in my mind that Nev is a total c**t. In Max's absence we will likely have to endure a string of useless guest hosts.

Did they not have some actress on one of the episodes before? I seem to remember she just sat in the corner. Useless addition.

Some of the folk they meet are just genuinely idiots

My favourite was the guy who said "oh I've been talking to this girl she's sent me a few pictures of herself"

Shows first picture: Okay

Shows second picture: Nev: That's a different person. Idiot: I don't think so. Nev: No, it's a different person.

Shows third picture: Max: That's Vanessa Hudgens.

Idiot: Oh

Plus the people on there generally seem more interested in meeting the person rather than just finding out if they're genuine or not. I imagine it's a bit easier to do that when you have the backing of the show behind them when they go to see them.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Really amazing that this show is still going. I like that people still don't have the brains to do a few quick Google searches. I get that naturally if you were talking to someone you'd just assume they're genuine. If someone just completely out of the blue just started talking to me though I'd be very suspicious (especially after seeing this show) and I'd be looking to find out everything about them.

There was an episode recently which was truly bizarre. A group of 3 people setting up a Grindr profile to try and catch out cheaters (they never caught any) but just decided to keep chatting to this one guy anyway for the lols. :lol:

Archived