Banshee

Quentin Taranbino

• 2 weeks later...

Really enjoyed the first two seasons. Watching the 3rd season on Sky Atlantic just now and it's been ace so far. The series is a bit over the top and A-Team-esque at times but nonetheless it has some great characters in it and the burds are all smokin' hot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd prefer to think of it as finishing before the quality drops. Every story has a natural life, and its a rare series that can outlast it's original tale - and even then not by much. I can only think of Treme in recent years.

Hopefully the writers can bring the same combination of plot, character and action to a new project. Even if this is all they have, it's been a hell of a ride!

Fair point - suckered in by the headline but it looks like it will end for after season four for 'creative reasons' according to some other sites. Better it goes out on a high than drags on longer than it should do.

One of the writers or producers has confirmed on Twitter season four will be the last as they felt the story had reached the end of the line and they didn't want to come up with a sub par season five.

According to the writer, he just couldn't force himself to write a fifth season, because none of his ideas of for continuing it felt good enough, and thought it better to take it out on a high. There were no issues with the network, as apparently it is one of Cinemax's most profitable shows ever.

I wish more TV shows would be of this attitude. Too often do you see a show that has an excellent start, and an endless middle that diminishes it. It's certainly a better strategy than having the main character end up as a lumberjack.

According to the writer, he just couldn't force himself to write a fifth season, because none of his ideas of for continuing it felt good enough, and thought it better to take it out on a high. There were no issues with the network, as apparently it is one of Cinemax's most profitable shows ever.

I wish more TV shows would be of this attitude. Too often do you see a show that has an excellent start, and an endless middle that diminishes it. It's certainly a better strategy than having the main character end up as a lumberjack.

See The Big Bang Theory for evidence of that (at least IMO anyway). The ratings still seem high despite it not seeming as good as the earlier seasons.

See The Big Bang Theory for evidence of that (at least IMO anyway). The ratings still seem high despite it not seeming as good as the earlier seasons.

I always found it okay although it never did much more for me. I was chewing my face off with it by season 7. Madness that they managed to commission it for three seasons. That's almost unheard of in network television.

You could argue that Two and a Half men, HIMYM, The US office kept going despite their ratings holding reasonably strong. I mean I get it, if people keep watching it then the networks will keep it going for as long as possible, but it definitely ends up ruining the quality.

A friend of mine said it's like a marriage that hasn't divorced yet. You keep watching because you still hope for it to be the show you fell in love with, not the one you now grudgingly tolerate.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...