Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

All the polls are irrelevant. Why are you so obsessed with them? However, it is interesting that two polls, so similar, asking the same question "verbatim" (thanks Ad Lib) can produce such radically different results. Why such a massive disparity?

No idea. Im not a psephologist or whatever they are called.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the polls are irrelevant. Why are you so obsessed with them? However, it is interesting that two polls, so similar, asking the same question "verbatim" (thanks Ad Lib) can produce such radically different results. Why such a massive disparity?

Significantly different weighting of demographic characteristics, leading pre-ambles in both directions, method of polling, standard margin for error.

A litany of reasons.

Significantly different weighting of demographic characteristics, leading pre-ambles in both directions, method of polling, standard margin for error.

A litany of reasons.

And yet, when things like that were being brought up yesterday, you unionists had nothing but scorn.

Ive brought up yougovs weighting before, and again, you unionists shouted me down. But now suddenly these factors matter after all?

It was framed in exactly the manner specified in the paper first thing this morning. I'm unsure as to why you think this is some big revelation. What I was smug about was that after being mocked for daring to suspect the papers were hiding something, the resulting question was absurdly leaning. This question wasn't hidden, yesterday's was.

What paper explained that the independence question was the 3rd question asked, following two leading questions in favour of a yes vote? I must have missed that article. A link would certainly be useful.

Q1 :-

'Scotland Could be a successful independent country'

Agree or disagree.

Q2 :-

'Who do you trust to make the best decisions for Scotland: the Scottish government or the Westminster government?'

Colkitto and co mustnt have been aware of this. Understandable as the MSM hid it away from us. Disgraceful.

Agree or disagree.

'Who do you trust to make the best decisions for Scotland: the Scottish government or the Westminster government?'

Colkitto and co mustnt have been aware of this. Understandable as the MSM hid it away from us. Disgraceful.

Rather poor attempt at deflecting the Devo Plus poll that's been criticized by Unionists and Nationalists alike.

Ah, so our unionists say equally leading. :lol:

I believe this is what VT used to call "scrambling for relevance". Anyone notice that this thread seems affy quiet today? Now, who predicted that last night? Oh, that's right, me. Again. Correctly. Again.

Every so often one c**t stands head and shoulders above the rest on this forum. Today it's you.

Rather poor attempt at deflecting the Devo Plus poll that's been criticized by Unionists and Nationalists alike.

Can you link to the article(s) that explained the series of questions please?

And can you give me what Professor Curtice, whose opinion you were very impressed with last week, said about these findings?

What paper explained that the independence question was the 3rd question asked, following two leading questions in favour of a yes vote? I must have missed that article. A link would certainly be useful.

:rolleyes: GOT IT!!!!!!

you remind me of the special kid at school, you know, the one that was in a wee group all to himself...learning his ABC's when everyone else was learning algebra...i'm kinda starting to feel sorry for you :(

Can you link to the article(s) that explained the series of questions please?

And can you give me what Professor Curtice, whose opinion you were very impressed with last week, said about these findings?

I can just envisage Blair McDougall (or whatever he's called) in Better Together Towers when the panic hit today.

"GET ME JOHN CURTICE!!!!" :lol:

For your other questions...No, find them yourself :)

Agree or disagree.

first question, Maybe, but I dont read the second one as being leading at all???

This is a cut and paste from Facebook, from Yes Tartan Army's page. Is it for real?

Has Bliar McDougall really sent that email? Oh please make it true...! :thumsup2

This is an actual email and image that the No campaign have sent out to their supporters today.

post-41954-0-90303800-1378146216_thumb.j

---
Date: 2 September 2013 15:53
Subject: Scotland will vote to leave the UK next year...
To: NAME <EMAIL ADDRESS>

Dear NAME,

...that is what a new poll, carried in some newspapers seems to suggest today. For the first time in this contest the anti-UK campaign has a poll lead over our campaign.

We could just dismiss this poll. We could say that because the poll was commissioned by the SNP you should ignore it. Or we could point you to another, independently commissioned poll at the weekend which showed Scots are turning against independence.

Today's poll only has the nationalists ahead by 1% but that is enough for them to win. And they only need to win once - if we leave the UK there will be no going back.

So today I am asking you to stand up and be counted. If you ever thought this referendum was already won, today should come as a warning of what will happen if we are complacent or if we take the voters for granted. If you don't want the front pages to look like this next year you need to stand up and play your part.

We are planning our biggest ever week of campaigning later this month. We will send you details of how to get involved in a few days but today we are asking you to donate what you can so that we can take our message to every community in Scotland.

Don't wake up the day after the referendum and wish you had done more.

Thanks for your support.

Blair

Blair McDougall
Campaign Director
Better Together
---
When one side is sending out emails with a mock-up Yes victory and a desperate call to action, it's pretty clear who has the momentum! They have moved on from #ProjectFear to #ProjectFeart. #yesscot #indyref

This is a cut and paste from Facebook, from Yes Tartan Army's page. Is it for real?

Has Bliar McDougall really sent that email? Oh please make it true...! :thumsup2

This is an actual email and image that the No campaign have sent out to their supporters today.

attachicon.giftriumphant.jpg

---

Date: 2 September 2013 15:53

Subject: Scotland will vote to leave the UK next year...

To: NAME <EMAIL ADDRESS>

Dear NAME,

...that is what a new poll, carried in some newspapers seems to suggest today. For the first time in this contest the anti-UK campaign has a poll lead over our campaign.

We could just dismiss this poll. We could say that because the poll was commissioned by the SNP you should ignore it. Or we could point you to another, independently commissioned poll at the weekend which showed Scots are turning against independence.

Today's poll only has the nationalists ahead by 1% but that is enough for them to win. And they only need to win once - if we leave the UK there will be no going back.

So today I am asking you to stand up and be counted. If you ever thought this referendum was already won, today should come as a warning of what will happen if we are complacent or if we take the voters for granted. If you don't want the front pages to look like this next year you need to stand up and play your part.

We are planning our biggest ever week of campaigning later this month. We will send you details of how to get involved in a few days but today we are asking you to donate what you can so that we can take our message to every community in Scotland.

Don't wake up the day after the referendum and wish you had done more.

Thanks for your support.

Blair

Blair McDougall

Campaign Director

Better Together

---

When one side is sending out emails with a mock-up Yes victory and a desperate call to action, it's pretty clear who has the momentum! They have moved on from #ProjectFear to #ProjectFeart. #yesscot #indyref

It's genuine :lol::lol::lol:

:rolleyes: GOT IT!!!!!!

you remind me of the special kid at school, you know, the one that was in a wee group all to himself...learning his ABC's when everyone else was learning algebra...i'm kinda starting to feel sorry for you :(

Maybe I am that "special kid" (as disgraceful as that terminology is I'm not surprised you resort to such behaviour), but that still doesn't give any credibility to XBL's position.

Archived