Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There will be a referendum on an independent Scotland on 18th of September 2014. How do you intend to vote in response to the question:

Should Scotland be an independent country?"

Yes - 44%

No - 43%

Don't Know - 13%

Don't know figure pretty similar to the one that got the YouGov ridiculed early on. Will be interesting to see if it has the same effect here

Just having a proper look at this wings survey now. Says it has weighted to results in 2011 election but only has 16% saying they did not vote. The actual figure of non-voters in 2011 was 50% so there is a massive bias towards people who voted in 2011 - and given that the SNP did well in that election an inbuilt bias towards SNP voters.

Leaving aside the slightly bizarre way they asked the voting question it is not representative of anything in particular and definitely not representative of the population of Scotland. If folk are going to criticise a leading preamble in the YouGov (and rightly so) they need to apply the same rigour to the Wings poll

Interesting that even with that inbuilt SNP voting bias the for and against numbers still favour no

:lol: Exactly.

Its great to see that it took a full 24 hours before the nationalist cretins managed to come up with a planned line of attack about their disastrous polling figures. They really are right out of their depths in this.

:lol: Exactly.

Its great to see that it took a full 24 hours before the nationalist cretins managed to come up with a planned line of attack about their disastrous polling figures. They really are right out of their depths in this.

Happy days are here again! Yes in front with over a year to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce2:bounce1:bounce4:bounce3

The full poll says they are 1% behind. They're only ahead with those who say they're certain to vote.

I'm happy with that with a year to go, a White Paper yet to be released, and a campaign that will see huge grassroots activity :thumsup2

The don't knows 10% ??? :lol::lol::lol:
Are you seriously saying 90% have made their minds up with a year to polling day?
Surely even you can see 90% is a ludicrous number?
What a difference 3% makes10% undecided - ludicrous number which invalidates whole poll13% undecided - not a peep

Both polls are pretty meaningless at this time.

Both sides are however going to use them to beat each other with and all that is certain is that it will lead to pages of tit for tat on here with utter utter boring drivel spouted by the usual subjects.

I personally would like to post more on this thread but I am a bit put off by the constant barrage of nit picking and legalese (although pertinent to the debate my knowledge of international law is limited and I couldn't argue a point either way with regards to it).

All I know is that I find it completely hilarious that the NO side use the tactic of "you'll need to apply for all these treaties/international organisations" like its some sort of surprise (granted some of the application processes will be easy some more difficult), this condescending attitude does make me wonder why it's not p***kling the national psyche more though.Interesting when the boomerang effect will start to hit in, tell somebody often enough that they can't do something and it only makes them want to do it more (I can provide links to studies if required later, on my phone atm)and this effect is firmly in the Scottish psychological make up in my opinion.

All I know is that I find it completely hilarious that the NO side use the tactic of "you'll need to apply for all these treaties/international organisations" like its some sort of surprise

It's a surprise to those peddling the line that Scotland will automatically inherit these things.

If nothing else(and it is nothing else) it shows it is all to play for and it will come down to who gets their vote out

This is going to be critical. I think Yes have the edge here as their core and arguably activists are much more motivated than the other side. Nobody joined Labour or Lib Dems to save the union while pretty much every single SNP mber joined to push for independence

I personally would like to post more on this thread but I am a bit put off by the constant barrage of nit picking and legalese.

If you say you can't be arsed with the nit picking and arguing then that makes you a definite unionist I think. Although the remainder of your post might just keep you out of the naughty corner for now

"Out of a sample of 908 people..."

Surely not? This must be some kind of mistake otherwise the conclusions are "dubious".

Non-dubious would be over 1000 I would say..

Archived