Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No I won't.

I never do.

If I do vote, I'll certainly be voting no alongside the vast majority of my fellow countrymen and women. <_<

Voting no to your own country becoming an independent sovereign state.

Must be soul destroying likes.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the stereotype input though, judging someone due to the football team they support :lol:

Sme poor guy gets assaulted in the street for having an independence banner. Someone randomly brings Ireland into the conversation. I'd put money on that someone being an Old Firm fan and it was.

I find it a bit odd you getting a bit sensitive about stereotyping. Didn't seem to bother you when you were saying people with a political preference for being in the UK have a tendency for violence based on the behaviour of a few flag protesters in a different country

Sme poor guy gets assaulted in the street for having an independence banner. Someone randomly brings Ireland into the conversation. I'd put money on that someone being an Old Firm fan and it was.

I find it a bit odd you getting a bit sensitive about stereotyping. Didn't seem to bother you when you were saying people with a political preference for being in the UK have a tendency for violence based on the behaviour of a few flag protesters in a different country

I'll assume that haven't provided any proof of my "track record" regarding republican propaganda confirms you're talking shite and just can't admit you are wrong?

Feel free to disprove me of course or apologise.

Unionism and violence are no strangers to each other, right across the UK. I was only using NI as a recent example, but your little rant about Irish republican killing more people than unionists did make me laugh as it shows your missed the point spectacularly or that I give a f**k about either of them.

I'm not upset about you stereotyping me, it says more about you for having such a mind set.

Judging people due to the football team they support. Really? :lol:

Now you have 3 options here, you can either reply back with proof regarding your comments about me

Make another nonsense post so I can once again rip it apart

Or, just admit to yourself you got it wrong on this occasion and don't bother replying back

Got my hair cut at lunchtime.

The Hairdresser's take on it:

"Nae sure about this independence for Scotland. I think if we became independent all the companies would up sticks and leave"

All the companies.

Every single one.

:huh:

Just for the record assaulting anyone in the street for any reason is unacceptable. Assaulting them because they disagree with your political views on the future constitution of Scotland is unbelievably moronic

Couldn't agree more

"Nae sure about this independence for Scotland. I think if we became independent all the companies would up sticks and leave"

All the companies.

Every single one.

If we don't vote for independence, then that is the simple reason for it: the complete and utter stupidity/cowardice of the electorate.

There is no other reason.

If we don't vote for independence, then that is the simple reason for it: the complete and utter stupidity/cowardice of the electorate.

There is no other reason.

Correct.

I told her this wouldn't happen.

"Oh, I'm nae sure"

I'll assume that haven't provided any proof of my "track record" regarding republican propaganda confirms you're talking shite and just can't admit you are wrong?

Feel free to disprove me of course or apologise.

Unionism and violence are no strangers to each other, right across the UK. I was only using NI as a recent example, but your little rant about Irish republican killing more people than unionists did make me laugh as it shows your missed the point spectacularly or that I give a f**k about either of them.

I'm not upset about you stereotyping me, it says more about you for having such a mind set.

Judging people due to the football team they support. Really? :lol:

Now you have 3 options here, you can either reply back with proof regarding your comments about me

Make another nonsense post so I can once again rip it apart

Or, just admit to yourself you got it wrong on this occasion and don't bother replying back

If you actually read my comments you would see I didn't accuse you of anything other than fishing. I said Celtic fans have a tendency to soak up republican propaganda which given their well documented track record of singing IRA tunes at Scottish football games is a perfectly reasonable claim to make. The fact that I said "there is a slight chance that you might just actually be serious" meant I still believed you were just fishing. Following it up with "So if you are indeed a living, breathing Celtic stereotype..." which indicates I have no idea if you are or not. As you say how could I possibly know that?

You claimed unionists were violent citing what happens in Northern Ireland. I merely pointed out that if you are going to generalise based on the experience from Northern Ireland then nationalists are just as violent, if not more so. I still find it hard to believe that anyone would hold the belief that having a preference for Scotland's constitutional future to remain in the UK makes an individual more inclined to violence. That trumps pretty much any stupidity that I have read anywhere about the referendum.

All the companies.

Every single one.

Including her presumably.

I can see the posters now "Vote no or you're cutting your own hair"

Voting no to your own country becoming an independent sovereign state.

Must be soul destroying likes.

It certainly is for you. :)

So much so that you have to keep creating aliases to come here and whine about it.<_<

I see there's an hour long Scotland tonight referendum debate with Sturgeon and Sarwar on tonight. STV 10.30pm

Let me save you time. Sturgeon has an "acrylic heid", can't debate, is all wrong, and she scored a spectacular own goal.

Im not in Scotland, so Ill have to catch it when Im back.

Ok you weren't actually talking about unionists in any meaningful sense but basing your views on random comments from anonymous people on the internet who could be from Botswana for all we know. It makes sense now.

I prefer to judge the relative merits and tactics of both campaigns based on what the campaigns actually say and do. The comments sections on newspapers tend to be dominated by absolute zoomers and the unhinged and don't really represent mainstream opinion. They tend towards the extremes on both sides and are frequently pretty nasty places.

In terms of whether this referendum matters or not then the last line of that article you linked to is a far more accurate assessment of the unionists I know. "But the last few months have shown that the Unionists, too, are not short of Scots on both sides of the border preparing for what they believe to be the most important battle of their lifetimes"

You asked for evidence from a unionist outside P&B. I provided this. Now it's not good enough. You are not going to accept any evidence, even evidence you specifically ask for, because you're emotionally invested in a certain outcome.

It's fine to judge the campaigns on their own merits. In fact it's valuable to do so. But the idea that they represent 'mainstream opinion' is a pretty contentious one; one that you've made absolutely no headway in demonstrating.

It doesn't surprise me in the least to hear that your social circle contains many hardcore unionists but it would be a mistake to take them as fully indicative of the campaign as a whole.

You claimed unionists were violent citing what happens in Northern Ireland. I merely pointed out that if you are going to generalise based on the experience from Northern Ireland then nationalists are just as violent, if not more so.

Given the Conservative/Unionist party in the UK started inciting Ulster loyalists to form their own paramilitary organisations to oppose the very sensible measure of Irish Home Rule from 1910, I'm afraid your analysis is wrong and unionists carry the can.

You asked for evidence from a unionist outside P&B. I provided this. Now it's not good enough. You are not going to accept any evidence, even evidence you specifically ask for, because you're emotionally invested in a certain outcome.

It's fine to judge the campaigns on their own merits. In fact it's valuable to do so. But the idea that they represent 'mainstream opinion' is a pretty contentious one; one that you've made absolutely no headway in demonstrating.

It doesn't surprise me in the least to hear that your social circle contains many hardcore unionists but it would be a mistake to take them as fully indicative of the campaign as a whole.

I don't think people who post anonymously in the comments section of newspapers is of any relevance or have the ability to influence turnout in the referendum in any significant way. You obviously disagree which is fair enough.

I've nothing invested emotionally in the outcome. If we're independent on Sep 19 next year then I've already said I'll happily accept it. But you obviosuly know my mind better than myself and have declared me a 'unionist weirdo' which makes any future debate pretty pointless. Probably a blessing to both of us to be fair

I don't think people who post anonymously in the comments section of newspapers is of any relevance or have the ability to influence turnout in the referendum in any significant way. You obviously disagree which is fair enough.

I've nothing invested emotionally in the outcome. If we're independent on Sep 19 next year then I've already said I'll happily accept it. But you obviosuly know my mind better than myself and have declared me a 'unionist weirdo' which makes any future debate pretty pointless. Probably a blessing to both of us to be fair

Emotionally invested in the outcome of the conversation we're having, i.e. that no matter what, no evidence is acceptable.

Given the Conservative/Unionist party in the UK started inciting Ulster loyalists to form their own paramilitary organisations to oppose the very sensible measure of Irish Home Rule from 1910, I'm afraid your analysis is wrong and unionists carry the can.

Don't even know where to begin with this to be honest. Anyway turns it is utterly irrelevant because Enrico was referring to some dafties draped in the union flag throwing stuff at the police.

Are you another who believes that people who believe Scotland should remain in the UK are naturally more violent than those who prefer independence? Surely there's not two people who believe this?

Archived