Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is spot on

That is what worries me about Panelbase. They weight their data poorly and having also registered earlier to see what the process was like then there seemed absolutely no checks on whether you are who you say you are in terms of gender, income or whatever. Nothing stopping either side registering hundreds of email addresses and pretending to be Lab voters converting to Yes or SNP voters converting to know. It's dodgy as f**k. I'm surprised any newspaper publishes them to be honest

Edited to say I have same concerns about YouGov. Is that any stricter?

I sincerely doubt any other online polling organisation is any different tbh.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HB said he probably wouldn't vote IIRC. I might have got my recollection wrong there, so apologies if it wasn't him.

I said i didnt know if i would vote. Depends on what i was doing that day work wise.i wont be going out of my way to vote-put it that way.

I think turnout will be late 60s.

Including 16 year olds means it will inevitably bring in down a few per cent.

I sincerely doubt any other online polling organisation is any different tbh.

I think panelbase are the only online polling lot. Some of the others might use online polling but not exclusively.

I think all we can safely conclude is that the poll you looked at wasnt conmissioned by the SNP.

I think panelbase are the only online polling lot. Some of the others might use online polling but not exclusively.

I think all we can safely conclude is that the poll you looked at wasnt conmissioned by the SNP.

Probably not, don't think it was BetterTogther on the other hand either, the survey runs till the 12th so results will be out in a couple of weeks I'm guessing.

Probably not, don't think it was BetterTogther on the other hand either, the survey runs till the 12th so results will be out in a couple of weeks I'm guessing.

I doubt better together will commission a poll this year.

They have no need to when the neutral polls are producing the results they want to see anyway.

The only reason the SNP tried to create their own results was becase they are getting a total kicking in the polls they havent engineered.

They were a bit unlucky with tje timings. They only has about a morning's worth of 'its neck and neck ... wow.. gamechanger' type stuff until the next poll pished on those chips by going back to the usual large/huge No lead.

All the SNP proved is that if you lead people enough you can skew results.

All you need to know about the TNS-BMRB poll.

http://wingsoverscotland.com/if-we-must-then/#more-40517

Ooh is there a scathing article about the SNPs three question Panelbase poll and misleading press release?

WoS hatea underhand stuff like that. He ll have gone to town on the SNP. Might be a good read....

Ooh is there a scathing article about the SNPs three question Panelbase poll and misleading press release?

WoS hatea underhand stuff like that. He ll have gone to town on the SNP. Might be a good read....

Perhaps you could point me to the Daily Telegraph articles on the poll where they had yes leading? Or is impartiality something you only demand from one side?

I'm sure there will be, after all WoS is intellectually honest.

Do you disagree with anything in the article?

All you need to know about the TNS-BMRB poll.

http://wingsoverscotland.com/if-we-must-then/#more-40517

I wonder why they thought this survey deserved being picked apart but the panelbase one more interstingly which showed Yes in the lead for first time didn't warrant the same forensic analysis.

That aside I think we can all agree that the top line poll numbers are all irrelevant. What is worth looking at is the movement within polls (assuming they keep the same methodology)

I doubt better together will commission a poll this year.

They have no need to when the neutral polls are producing the results they want to see anyway.

The only reason the SNP tried to create their own results was becase they are getting a total kicking in the polls they havent engineered.

They were a bit unlucky with tje timings. They only has about a morning's worth of 'its neck and neck ... wow.. gamechanger' type stuff until the next poll pished on those chips by going back to the usual large/huge No lead.

All the SNP proved is that if you lead people enough you can skew results.

Equally a lot of these polls with biased media coverage seem to chime a bell. It must be heartening stuff knowing that no matter how close the polling or even how bad BetterTogether is, the media will always be able to paint a rosy picture for you and your fellow North Britons.

I reckon it's close, damn close and time as always will tell.

I said i didnt know if i would vote. Depends on what i was doing that day work wise.i wont be going out of my way to vote-put it that way.

I think turnout will be late 60s.

Including 16 year olds means it will inevitably bring in down a few per cent.

I play squash on a Thursday, so unless its not still looking like a total olandslide for the No lot as it does, and has done basically forever, then I'm not going out my way to vote either. There will be no need.

If things tighten a bit, which I'm sure they will a bit, then I might bother my arse to vote. It doesn't really matter that much anyway, its simp,y a case of judging the level of hammering the Yes clowns are going to get and weighing up your social life options for that day.

I wonder why they thought this survey deserved being picked apart but the panelbase one more interstingly which showed Yes in the lead for first time didn't warrant the same forensic analysis.

That aside I think we can all agree that the top line poll numbers are all irrelevant. What is worth looking at is the movement within polls (assuming they keep the same methodology)

Why do you demand absolute impartiality from independence supporting sources, but don't demand it from the unionist media? I found leading articles in the daily telegraph about the two polls with no in the lead, but none about the one with yes in the lead.

Wait a second, hold the bus etc.

That recent poll, given analysis by Wangs included people "certain NOT to vote in the referendum"

*insert the ultimate facepalm gif RIGHT HERE*

Folk saying they are very unlikely to vote in the referendum will very likely spam the buttons on any question regarding the indyref question itself surely, the polling figure minus these results would surely have made a much more "accurate" result shhhirley.

But it does goes to show how there is apparently a huge, soft and apathetic NO cohort out there.

This is spot on

That is what worries me about Panelbase. They weight their data poorly and having also registered earlier to see what the process was like then there seemed absolutely no checks on whether you are who you say you are in terms of gender, income or whatever. Nothing stopping either side registering hundreds of email addresses and pretending to be Lab voters converting to Yes or SNP voters converting to know. It's dodgy as f**k. I'm surprised any newspaper publishes them to be honest

Edited to say I have same concerns about YouGov. Is that any stricter?

They must have some checks and balances, given that they do manage to weight thier samples by age, sex and affiliation. Yougov, in terms f these kinds of polls, are I think exclusively online as well.

Are we basically at the point where none of the polls can be taken seriously?

I play squash on a Thursday, so unless its not still looking like a total olandslide for the No lot as it does, and has done basically forever, then I'm not going out my way to vote either. There will be no need.

If things tighten a bit, which I'm sure they will a bit, then I might bother my arse to vote. It doesn't really matter that much anyway, its simp,y a case of judging the level of hammering the Yes clowns are going to get and weighing up your social life options for that day.

You'll be voting bright and early make no mistake. Any too cool for school posturing is totally at odds with an opportunity to joyfully hammer a nail in a fat buckled lefties coffin.

Take it easy at the squash though- as a massive heart attack would be the only thing to keep you from marking X in the no box! ;)

Archived