Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firstly you wrongly assumed I was speaking about Donaldson rather than Young when I talked about the SNP leader during WWII that was banged up in Saughton. As Donaldson wasn't SNP leader until well after WWII that was a schoolboy error.

Now you seem to be suggesting I said Young was locked up for the duration of WWII. If you look back at what I originally said it was that he was banged up for "much" of WWII. Not all, not most but much.

I'd stop now if I were you.

We have to assume because once again, you will not develop your point. Stop dancing around the point and make it clear. Even ad lib is embarrassed.

Firstly you wrongly assumed I was speaking about Donaldson rather than Young when I talked about the SNP leader during WWII that was banged up in Saughton. As Donaldson wasn't SNP leader until well after WWII that was a schoolboy error.

Now you seem to be suggesting I said Young was locked up for the duration of WWII. If you look back at what I originally said it was that he was banged up for "much" of WWII. Not all, not most but much.

I'd stop now if I were you.

Even Libby knows you're talking shite. You're a perfect example of someone who thinks they've made a clever point but who actually made a complete and utter fool of himself.

Fair enough. It begs the question how the 8k or so figure was quoted or to what it referred.

They estimated the figure and divided it by three. Anyone that was at the event with the ability to think for themselves would tell you the figure Waaaay more than 8,000.

I would have thought 18-20,000 would have been a more accurate figure.

This is why I want to know what the figure was referring to. It's too specific a figure to be readily confused with an actual crowd of 20,000.

Perhaps it is simply a case of the media reporting a figure that exact to make it seem more believable to an ordinary person.

Shame that it didn't work.

I'm not sure what the relevance is about how many Scottish Labour may have been conscientous objectors.

Colkitto's post mentioned WWII and that he felt Churchill would have debated whereas Cameron has refused. As the SNP leader was in Saughton for much of WWII Churchill would have needed a visiting order to debate with him.

What are you struggling to understand about that.

Was the SNP leader banged up for being a Nazi sympathiser?

You're suggesting that more than 8300 police were on duty and that the media reported that as over 8300 people on the march? :huh:

You asked for an explanation over why the media reported the figure as 8,300. I've given you one, xbl has given you one. You suggest that he is insane to suggest the figure referred to the number of police at the march. I really don't know what you want. Are you just trying to bore the f**k out of people?

You asked for an explanation over why the media reported the figure as 8,300. I've given you one, xbl has given you one. You suggest that he is insane to suggest the figure referred to the number of police at the march. I really don't know what you want. Are you just trying to bore the f**k out of people?

I find two things bizarre. Firstly, 1 police officer to 3 marchers seems like mega-overkill. Secondly I think it's bizarre that the media could either mix up or deliberately misrepresent without official Police Scotland public statements correcting the record (as opposed to an email to an enquirer) the number of officers on duty with the number of participants in the march.

ETA: for perspective, the figure for the number of police officers in the whole of Scotland for March 2012 was 17,343. Are we seriously saying that 47.9% (+) of Scotland's entire police force was committed on a Saturday in which there were, inter alia, three football matches taking place in Glasgow, one in Leith and one in Aberdeen, to a political march in Edinburgh City Centre?

Of course there were not 8300 police officers at the march :lol:

The figure released by senior police officers of 8300 marchers would have correlated with the amount of officers that were utilised on the day to cover the event.

It is a commonly used tactic used by police forces worldwide to cover their arses if an event gets out of hand.

Archived