Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Anas Sarwar claimed the democratically elected SNP government was a dictatorship inside the palace of Westminster. He is a moron.

So what? It is a bit of an exaggeration but with a majority of MSPs taking the government whip and the ability to stack the committee structure there are serious questions about checks and balances in the Scottish parliament. I don't think we can sustain the current unicameral chamber without some sort of outside oversight in an Independant Scotland.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I've never replied to you before as I like having some Unionists bringing some balance to the thread, but surely you're taking the piss here? No one said there were no poor in the SE except Galloway. I respected him in his senate days but he was a buffoon tonight. Angus was sound and didn't rise to the severe goading he was given, including Dimbleby and his prepared faux outrage.

I think he was trying to get across this it isn't a 'them against us' type thing and that people are dealing with similar issues across the country. Basically a fightback against dividing tactics that separatists use.

Thats ok then. By the way I have spent 17 years on and off living south of the border and received comments on a daily basis. My personal experience.

Is your name Douglas and you tend to tell as many English as possible that all things Scottish are better than English?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1NIuCt72bU

George Galloway, ladies and gentlemen.

You know, in all honesty, I never got the outcry about this. He was on a reality tv show. If he hadn't joined in, he would have been laughed at and pilloried for it. So he joined in and gave it his best shot. Fair enough, a bit on the Savile side, but I really don't see the big deal with it.

I've not seen any comments on him actually (I followed some of the twitter updates but got bored), he was quiet then?

Anything worth iplayering?

Farage was quiet-ish.

Warned us about bowing to the Yanks,which backed up what a lass in the audience had said,more or less.

That was appreciated by most in the room judging by the applause.

So what? It is a bit of an exaggeration but with a majority of MSPs taking the government whip and the ability to stack the committee structure there are serious questions about checks and balances in the Scottish parliament. I don't think we can sustain the current unicameral chamber without some sort of outside oversight in an Independant Scotland.

They were democratically elected - that is a fact. Therefore, an actual politician spraffed complete and utter shite about one of the most basic and simple things in his line of work. Zero credibility.

I think he was trying to get across this it isn't a 'them against us' type thing and that people are dealing with similar issues across the country. Basically a fightback against dividing tactics that separatists use.

He claimed there were no divisions, which is silly as there clearly are. Pretending those divisions don't exist is no way to make a fairer society. He also said that the whole country was suffering from mass unemployment when clearly some parts (naming no names) are not. Basically he talked shite non-stop.

What!!!!!!!!!!

It's a sketch on the "Harry and Paul" comedy programme,Youtube maybe "Harry and Paul" Douglas the Scotsman if you want to see my point.

Look i'm messing around abit mate.

Bullying or unkindness etc goes on all over the placeit is not just a Scotsman in England or Englishman in Scotland etc etc.

Then he's a complete idiot.

Leaving aside Independence/ Better together. The UK is utterly it's a rich nation state do you seriously think it's working well for Northumberland and the north-east?

Berwick isn't a particularly affluent place. I've played Magdalene fields, I've drunk in the place over the bridge with the beach (name escapes me). This rich nation state isn't working.

You seem content with the status quo?

He claimed there were no divisions, which is silly as there clearly are. Pretending those divisions don't exist is no way to make a fairer society. He also said that the whole country was suffering from mass unemployment when clearly some parts (naming no names) are not. Basically he talked shite non-stop.

He was loud, obnoxious and interrupted everyone, including the audience. So he won.

The divisive statement that 1 in 29 Londoners are dollar millionaires was hilarious. Talk aboot stirring up resentment.... :lol:

..and the modus operandi of Farage wasn't to stir things up a little. I hope you will save face( if possible) and denounce his comments on the show.

They were democratically elected - that is a fact. Therefore, an actual politician spraffed complete and utter shite about one of the most basic and simple things in his line of work. Zero credibility.

A dictator can be elected. Romans elected their Emporers and theoretically they had to answer to the senate but in practice they were dictators as they had amassed such power that no one could challenge their rule. I'm sure plenty would make the argument that Vladimir Putin is a dictator despite his constant election success.

The divisive statement that 1 in 29 Londoners are dollar millionaires was hilarious. Talk aboot stirring up resentment.... :lol:

Average house price in London is £500k isn't it? A dollar millionaire would only need wealth of £750k to qualify or thereabouts. Doesn't sound outrageous to me. Got any facts to contradict her statement?

..and the modus operandi of Farage wasn't to stir things up a little. I hope you will save face( if possible) and denounce his comments on the show.

I know he said very little, but what comment do you want me to denounce?

It's a sketch on the "Harry and Paul" comedy programme,Youtube maybe "Harry and Paul" Douglas the Scotsman if you want to see my point.

Look i'm messing around abit mate.

Bullying or unkindness etc goes on all over the placeit is not just a Scotsman in England or Englishman in Scotland etc etc.

I thought we had moved on to what Riddoch said about southeast England. A point you previously agreed with.

Archived