Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard the EFTA is a non starter and I've told a few folk about it away from here and that's been constant for a good few months.

Then I've heard that Norway has said 'before you rush into the EU, come and speak to us....'

Maybe EFTA hasn't completely closed after all.

I thought you were sure of a No vote.

It is certain there will be a no vote. But we are discussing the hypothetical situation, not the actual one.

Still, you must be delighted that the turn in conversation has taken some of the heat from the complete tit of yourself you made on the whole "country" thing.

For all the "Better not rock the boat and be unreasonable or the world will look down on us" talk, you do realise that cuts both ways, right?

Apparently 'having a seat at the top table' means standard negotiation tactics don't apply.

It is certain there will be a no vote. But we are discussing the hypothetical situation, not the actual one.

Still, you must be delighted that the turn in conversation has taken some of the heat from the complete tit of yourself you made on the whole "country" thing.

You may be certain, it is not. ;)

Negotiations are unlikely to be limited to single issues anyway. The North Sea boundary, the debt and assets, Faslane, will all be in the mix.

But for the "sell them to Iran" lot, remember that the UK can veto New Scotland's EU membership application if it chooses to, and the Scottish government have been very clear that they desperately want to join the EU on secession. So there are cards to be played on both sides. I don't think it will be that bad to be honest - we're not talking about Yugoslavia here.

Yip nail on the head,but as someone has mentioned our strategic position makes us very likely to be straight into nato

Is it the sosus line that runs from iceland-scotland?

clutching at straws with this

1010751_490009821082664_1817968611_n.jpg

I'm sure I'm not the only person who often wonders why Unionist 'SPORT R TROOPS' 'PAY SOLDIERS FOOTBALLERS WAGES' types aren't more critical of the Government's disgraceful treatment of individuals serving in the armed forces? I'm not even referring to the wars they are sent to without suitable equipment, more the fact that many of those returning with mental health problems etc. are often left homeless and without support unless they are provided for by charities funded by the goodwill of the general public. I'm perhaps looking in the wrong places but the recent story about soldiers families going to court to seek compensation from the MOD got limited coverage. I'm not sure how to put it into words but there seems to be a fairly widely held misconception about unity/patriotism when the reality is that Westminster treat the armed forces with utter contempt.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who often wonders why Unionist 'SPORT R TROOPS' 'PAY SOLDIERS FOOTBALLERS WAGES' types aren't more critical of the Government's disgraceful treatment of individuals serving in the armed forces? I'm not even referring to the wars they are sent to without suitable equipment, more the fact that many of those returning with mental health problems etc. are often left homeless and without support unless they are provided for by charities funded by the goodwill of the general public. I'm perhaps looking in the wrong places but the recent story about soldiers families going to court to seek compensation from the MOD got limited coverage. I'm not sure how to put it into words but there seems to be a fairly widely held misconception about unity/patriotism when the reality is that Westminster treat the armed forces with utter contempt.

Unionist rhetoric on the armed forces and their actions in government are worlds apart. Another shining example of unionist hypocrisy.

The US is the very worst example of this. The ratio of homeless soldiers in California is outrageous.

I absolutely despise the way our politicians go about conflicts now, you can tell they get a semi when they talk about sending young working class boys to war, all the sabre-rattling makes me sick, its as if they enjoy it, I personally think they do, it makes them feel powerful and important discussing war when in reality they've never been outside Westminster.

Anyone see the electricity report released recently? The CDU lib dems still want to claim that they won't buy our electric?

They will be reverting to gas lamps after all it will soon be free

clutching at straws with this

1010751_490009821082664_1817968611_n.jpg

Labour also posted this on Facebook recently. There is a definite need for veterans to be supported but the idea that they are actively discriminated against is nonsense. 444 killed in Afghanistan, 179 killed in Iraq, countless suffering from severe PTSD, many veterans currently homeless and destitute. Labour are the last party who have the right to stand up for soldiers.

1005268_10151454789502411_1566630245_n.j

Archived