Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This probably wouldn't happen,but,if the Government said for the sake of 'fair play' we intendend to build a new "Houses of Parliament" type place a lot nearer to the middle of Britain and run the UK from there,would you support the idea?

I would.

I don't know where the dead middle is,but say new UK Government Buildings in the Carlisle,Barrow or Workington area.

Certainly a lot more middle than London.

Maybe in Berwick!

oh do please f**k off, to somewhere over there. And when you get there, f**k off a wee bit more. You will see a bus stop, please buy a ticket to Fucksville-by-the-sea, when you see the pier, take a walk to the end of it.

and f**k off.

Seriously bored with this muppet, he has nothing to say or add to the debate, can we ban him on the grounds of being an idiot?

In an independent Scotland, Andy Murray wouldn't be able to play tennis. No facilities you see.

The rUK would blockade us. We'd have to hope that a friendly nation could airlift tennis into us.

The rUK would blockade us. We'd have to hope that a friendly nation could airlift tennis into us.

Its not just us who will be affected though. They will have to rename the British Grand slam event. They'll have to call it "The All England Club" or something like that.

Anyone else sense a bit of a turn in future towards Yes? I can't quite put my finger on it, and it's not exactly a stream of pro-independence messages in the media, but just it certainly feels a bit that people are beginning to question BT on what makes us better together.

No idea how the referendum will go, but I dunno - the last few folk I've been speaking to (the ones who were very much against Independence only last year/months ago) now seem to want information, some undecided and a couple have even changed their mind to now voting yes.

I don't know if there is enough people in Scotland to win 50 plus 1, but Ladbrokes offering 5/6 on over 35% of the vote looks like an absolute steal!

When even the die hard Unionist rags and MSPs like Carlaw are ridiculing some of the scare stories then you wonder what might happen next.

You could see Labour and the Libs the polls are michty ticht or have Yes in the lead will come out havering next summer/autumn with a plan for further devolution as our treat, if we vote No.

The only concern I see is how are Yes going to win over the more cautious voter? There's no way that Yes will be able to give direct numbers, figures about the future, much like the UK cannot either, or for what will happen with the EU, but how many caw-canny voters are out.

Next spring/summer is when it all matters and when the majority of the population will engage in this. Right now its just a load of WARNINGS being reported almost daily on Scaring Scotland at 6.30pm or BT running stories about phone charges and we'll be forced to speak Gaelic by 2016.

Are they any BT activists on here? Or is that like looking for a Tory voter in the East End of Glasgow?

Or even Yes campaigners? From bits I've read online here and there, they are saying that if anything of their internal polling has shown that many are undecided in huge numbers 40% plus.

We've not had a poll in a while. May, I think. It would be interesting to see one in the next while, and very interesting if it was done by Panelbase.

Anyone else sense a bit of a turn in future towards Yes? I can't quite put my finger on it, and it's not exactly a stream of pro-independence messages in the media, but just it certainly feels a bit that people are beginning to question BT on what makes us better together.

We've not had a poll in a while. May, I think. It would be interesting to see one in the next while, and very interesting if it was done by Panelbase.

Yes. Weird that, isn't it?

But yeah, I can feel the tide turning. Its starting to go our way now. And remember, we don't need to get 50% in the polls to win. If we pass 40%, then we've won. Many of those "undecided" or apathetic leaning no voters are not going to vote.

When I was watching Wimbledon earlier (as I'm sure many of us did) I noticed that, when they had to decide on what to do with BBC local news, England and Wales were to have their local news after the conclusion of the match while in Scotland they put it on BBC 2 while the match was still ongoing. Immediately suspicious I turned over to see if something needed hidden.

First story was about how amazingly exciting the match was which was going on RIGHT NOW on BBC1. We honestly wouldn't blame you from turning over because this might just be the most exciting thing to ever happen in our time.

Now alarmed, I stayed watching the Scottish news. The next story was about a murderer. The third story was about how the Territorial Army in Scotland is to be severely cut and many jobs will be lost as bases are shut around Scotland.

There was another story about thousands of new jobs to be created in the offshore renewable industry in Scotland over the next few years, but the industry says that more must be done at Westminster to help capitalize on our geographic advantage or many of the companies who employ these people may be foreign. Basically saying we should be the ones at the forefront of this new industry offering to invest in other markets rather than the other way around. So...basically what the Scottish Government set out in "Scotland's Offshore Wind Route Map"

Probably all just a coincidence.

When I was watching Wimbledon earlier (as I'm sure many of us did) I noticed that, when they had to decide on what to do with BBC local news, England and Wales were to have their local news after the conclusion of the match while in Scotland they put it on BBC 2 while the match was still ongoing. Immediately suspicious I turned over to see if something needed hidden.

First story was about how amazingly exciting the match was which was going on RIGHT NOW on BBC1. We honestly wouldn't blame you from turning over because this might just be the most exciting thing to ever happen in our time.

Now alarmed, I stayed watching the Scottish news. The next story was about a murderer. The third story was about how the Territorial Army in Scotland is to be severely cut and many jobs will be lost as bases are shut around Scotland.

There was another story about thousands of new jobs to be created in the offshore renewable industry in Scotland over the next few years, but the industry says that more must be done at Westminster to help capitalize on our geographic advantage or many of the companies who employ these people may be foreign. Basically saying we should be the ones at the forefront of this new industry offering to invest in other markets rather than the other way around. So...basically what the Scottish Government set out in "Scotland's Offshore Wind Route Map"

Probably all just a coincidence.

Yeah, BBC Scotland conspired to make the Murray match go to 5 sets to conceal a story about Scottish wind farms on BBC2.

Or, you know, the more plausible suggestion, that BBC Scotland run slightly different evening schedules to accommodate local programming, e.g. River City shunts Holby City to a different time slot, such that the extended tennis coverage on BBC1 shunted the BBC2 schedule about differently than it did south of the border.

Yeah, BBC Scotland conspired to make the Murray match go to 5 sets to conceal a story about Scottish wind farms on BBC2.

Or, you know, the more plausible suggestion, that BBC Scotland run slightly different evening schedules to accommodate local programming, e.g. River City shunts Holby City to a different time slot, such that the extended tennis coverage on BBC1 shunted the BBC2 schedule about differently than it did south of the border.

Opportunism. Not conspiracy. Actively encouraging people to watch something else is something I don't think I've seen outside of Sky Sports News telling you what's on the pay Sky Sports channels.

I can't remember ever seeing the Scottish local news on BBC2.

I thought there wasn't any anti-Scottish sentiment in the British family.In a nation of millions

I think there was something Andy said about 'supporting anyone but England at a European or world cup'.

This is of course petrol to the flame for some.

Englands population is I thinkl over 50,000000,some speak out loud about the Scottish,Welsh and Irish,in the same way some speak out about the English.The rise of Scottish and Welsh nationalism has also encouraged some English to become more English than British.

Andy Murray has many English supporting him at Wimbledon.

This is blatantly the truth.

Archived