Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If it had to be used it could be as you yourself have conceded when calling it a secondary port was it. I have a very good knowledge of this and it has suitability and capability. How can it be a secondary port if it is unsuitable or incapable by the way?

I didn't call it a secondary port. You did. I then pointed out that the MoD considered it inadequate BOTH as a second and as an alternative port to Faslane-Coulport.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See how FM Alex Salmond (or "fat Alex") gets slagged by British nationalists for waving Scottish flags and wearing tartan trousers etc. Well, what do they make of this from Ian Murray MP (or "fat Ian")?

2u4ovva.jpg

Embarrassing.

Why don't we settle on the fact that they were both embarrassing numpties? Regardless of the politics of it, Ecks display was not how I would expect a head of Government, sitting in the Royal Box to act and seeing as it broke the rules on the size of a flag was patently obvious that he was acting like a five year old wean and doing it for attention. Ian Murray? Well, he is dressed like a tit in this photo.

Be it in or out of the union, I despair for our future at times.

Well they better start building eh..

Or begin to decommission, accepting it's too expensive, yeah. I made clear from the outset I don't agree with the UK having a nuclear deterrent. It's a huge waste of money aimed at a dated military objective which is logistically a total mare to coordinate compared to conventional forces. It makes us more of a target and gives us relatively little global clout such is its dependency on US technology.

See how FM Alex Salmond (or "fat Alex") gets slagged by British nationalists for waving Scottish flags and wearing tartan trousers etc. Well, what do they make of this from Ian Murray MP (or "fat Ian")?

2u4ovva.jpg

Embarrassing.

guaranteed he got the money back for that jacket on his expenses

Yeah, because if the Russians ever felt they were in the position where a nuclear first strike attack on the UK was necessary, the number one thing on their list of priorities totally isn't going to be the implications of global destruction, rather whether they can balance their budget by launching just the one warhead rather than the two.

So you're saying there is no need for Trident as the commies won't ever use their nuclear stockpile? Problem solved.

guaranteed he got the money back for that jacket on his expenses

It's a shame this cretin has to be involved with attempting to try and save my beloved club, Rico. :(

Still, at least the First Minister is a Jambo. 8)

So you're saying there is no need for Trident as the commies won't ever use their nuclear stockpile? Problem solved.

No, I'm saying if the Commies ever planned to use a nuclear warhead on the UK they'd use a lot more than one of them. Nuclear war's price is M.A.D. not a mild issue of stock depletion.

What does second base mean then? Again Devonport is capable and suitable. I'm Rainman or know more about it than you?

Devonport is not suitable. If you think it is, go argue with the MOD, not me.

Except as I reiterate, Devonport is not suitable for arming warheads. The MOD, the ones actually overseeing it, have made this abundantly clear.

The MOD clearly say whatever they want, disregarding any consideration of accuracy. What they've made abundantly clear is that it's impolitic for the warheads to be in England. I'm sure they'd find a way if push came to shove. Somewhere in NI, probably. I think you should send them a stiff note, frankly.

Devonport is not suitable. If you think it is, go argue with the MOD, not me.

Right there were two bases in line for the home of the Trident Fleet these were Devonport and Faslane. Why would the MOD shortlist a naval base for this role that is unsuitable. A port that was used for that purpose since the 1960's up till late last year?

No, I'm saying if the Commies ever planned to use a nuclear warhead on the UK they'd use a lot more than one of them. Nuclear war's price is M.A.D. not a mild issue of stock depletion.

What commies on earth are you referring to Ad Lib, what nation/country, be specific? :1eye

Right there were two bases in line for the home of the Trident Fleet these were Devonport and Faslane. Why would the MOD shortlist a naval base for this role that is unsuitable. A port that was used for that purpose since the 1960's up till late last year?

Because of safety concerns meaning that insofar as it ever was a suitable and secure base, it is no longer as operationally satisfactory as Faslane-Coulport, in their assessment.

Archived