Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Are any of the polling companies overdue a poll given their typical cycles?

Where are all the polls that were specially commissioned and have been released so often? The lines have all gone quiet...

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has Ad Lib been 'keeping things honest' among the the Unionists in the last five pages? How about making sure they're not 'entitled to their own facts'?

To be fair, he disagreed with something HB said. Thats about it.

Where are all the polls that were specially commissioned and have been released so often? The lines have all gone quiet...

Like what? News agencies and pressure groups commission polls only infrequently outside of the cycle the pollsters poll these things regularly.

It isn't unusual not to have polls for a while. For instance there were none in November or December of last year recorded by UK Polling Report. Similarly there was a near 2 month gap between mid-August and mid October last year. It's only just approaching 2 months since the last major poll and we'll almost certainly get another one very soon.

Has Ad Lib been 'keeping things honest' among the the Unionists in the last five pages? How about making sure they're not 'entitled to their own facts'?

Others have more than adequately dismissed the nonsense coming from the Unionists in the last few pages. I have nothing to add.

Considering Scottish notes are already treated like foreign currency in England, I wouldn't worry about it

Just wait if Scotland becomes a foreign country.

You ain't seen nothing yet.If we say "no" to a foreign nation using our £ you're well and truly buggered,a scenario so hopeless and unacceptable Rab C refuses to even speak of it..

Luckily the majority of Scots do not want to do the dirty on England and Wales.

The inde argument within the currency question is weak.It is piss.

I wonder when the Union will start to push the Monarchy question.

Everyone knows that if Scotland leaves the Union,it will only be a matter of time before the Monarchy is threatened too.

The Monarchy is not safe in Rab C and Co's hands.

Any Scot/Monarchists must vote for the Union.

1069888_273820579426394_1764400873_n.jpg

Seems fair.

Scots will remember the millions of friends and family they have in various parts of the UK.

The people in this poster only unite Unionists into realising Scotland is not the only place in GB,it is not the only place that doesn't have it good these days.

Nats may wish to 'run out the back door' because they think oil is a good reason to desert,.

Unionists are not only loyal to Scotland,but to the British people too.

Why we would want to start/restart a country with any kind of monarchy and privilege by birth is beyond me. I think a lot of independence supporters agree with this but are willing to put this to side in fear of alienating voters. Like NATO membership and lots of other things these can be changed at some point if independence is achieved so principles put to the side to try and achieve the ultimate aim.

Hence I said stored and contained and as an alternative to Faslane (i.e. in respect of capacity) rather than "storing an undefined number of subs and an undefined number of warheads at any arbitrary point in time".

Sorry I thought you liked being factual. You stated 'stored and maintained' that is not correct. Just keeping you honest.

Well how was Scotland the day before they signed to the Union?

Would Scotland have been the second richest nation on the planet at one point as an independent country?

Don't be bloody ridiculous,of course not.

Scots have enjoyed influence all over the world because they got about as a member of the Union.

Scottish Anglos relations are excellent,whatever Nats may say.As Sister Sledge once sang, "we are family". :)

I think come Sept 2014 the majority of Scots will stand with the front door open,welcoming in the Union,instead of running out the back door a la Nat style,deserting just because things are a little bit tough.

Nats will not take British identity away form Scotland,too many Scots cherish it and are proud of it.

Better Together.

post-8434-13735614938901_thumb.jpg

Loads of Monarchists/fans of the Royal thing in Scotland.

No way independence is to be trusted with that!

No way! :)

Lizzie wants the Union to remain,it's official.

God save the Queen.

Better Together.

Sorry I thought you liked being factual. You stated 'stored and maintained' that is not correct. Just keeping you honest.

There is not another base in the UK capable of storing and maintaining the fleet of Trident submarines and warheads on a like for like basis to Faslane. That is a fact.

Why we would want to start/restart a country with any kind of monarchy and privilege by birth is beyond me. I think a lot of independence supporters agree with this but are willing to put this to side in fear of alienating voters. Like NATO membership and lots of other things these can be changed at some point if independence is achieved so principles put to the side to try and achieve the ultimate aim.

A future Scottish government, should it have a mandate, could get rid of the monarchy. Right now it has no power to do so, and the UK government will never do so. Independence is about giving ourselves the choice to make these decisions, not to arrive at a final state of nirvana right away.

Scots will remember the millions of friends and family they have in various parts of the UK.

The people in this poster only unite Unionists into realising Scotland is not the only place in GB,it is not the only place that doesn't have it good these days.

Nats may wish to 'run out the back door' because they think oil is a good reason to desert,.

Unionists are not only loyal to Scotland,but to the British people too.

In your head a Yes vote seems to be a back-door betrayal of the rest of the UK? Right there is your problem - this is only in your head.

I know a couple of Englishmen living and working up here who will be voting Yes. Many of us have friends and family in England - a Yes vote won't change that.

The vast majority of supporters of the Independence campaign are in no way anti-English (and before anyone asks me for evidence or proof of this I'll save you the bother - I have none. Its my opinion. But more and more right-minded sensible people are realising this is the case and being persuaded. All that Better Together seem to have is negativity and scare stories.)

I'm not sure how much of a chance the Yes campaign have of victory - but if the outcome is decided by fear then it'll be a very sad outcome indeed.

There is not another base in the UK capable of storing and maintaining the fleet of Trident submarines and warheads on a like for like basis to Faslane. That is a fact.

You original stated trident. But if you want to change that to trident and the subs well yet again you are wrong. Devonport is suitable for the housing of the subs and is were most refits of subs is completed. Don't you remember the bidding war for the servicing contracts between devonport and rosyth, which rosyth lost. There are two locations that are suitable for the storage of the weapons that come to mind, but I think they may be a little close to London. They are both land locked also but weapon convoys aren't unknown of are they. Would cost a bit more.

Edit just to say that this is fact, so please try and contradict me again please. Are you going to say sorry for telling me you never said ' maintained'?

In your head a Yes vote seems to be a back-door betrayal of the rest of the UK? Right there is your problem - this is only in your head.

I know a couple of Englishmen living and working up here who will be voting Yes. Many of us have friends and family in England - a Yes vote won't change that.

The vast majority of supporters of the Independence campaign are in no way anti-English (and before anyone asks me for evidence or proof of this I'll save you the bother - I have none. Its my opinion. But more and more right-minded sensible people are realising this is the case and being persuaded. All that Better Together seem to have is negativity and scare stories.)

I'm not sure how much of a chance the Yes campaign have of victory - but if the outcome is decided by fear then it'll be a very sad outcome indeed.

Scotland can go it alone.

There will be consequences,of course there will be.

Scots will not be put off because they are worried or scared.

They will vote to stay in the Union because that is clearly the best option for all.

You original stated trident. But if you want to change that to trident and the subs well yet again you are wrong. Devenport is suitable for the housing of the subs and is were most refits of subs is completed. Don't you remember the bidding war for the servicing contracts between devonport and rosyth, which rosyth lost. There are two locations that are suitable for the storage of the weapons that come to mind, but I think they may be a little close to London. They are both land locked also but weapon convoys aren't unknown of are they. Would cost a bit more.

Are you really splitting hairs over a sentence that didn't even mention the word "Trident" (observe the word Trident was used in the previous sentence and as a catch-all for the subs with weapons)? I also stipulated "a base" where they could be stored AND maintained safely. You have provided evidence that the subs can be stored in one place and the missiles in another. That is not evidence that there would be a base that could do both. If there were a base that could do both, Faslane could be shut in a matter of months. There's a reason they've been looking at building new ports for it in the event keeping them there is no longer politically tenable. Because they need Faslane to simultaneously to be able to keep our nuclear deterrent commissioned, stored and maintained securely at the same port at the current capacity of submarines and missiles.

There is not another base in the UK currently capable of storing and maintaining the fleet of Trident submarines and warheads on a like for like basis to Faslane. That is a fact.

Archived