Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, how desperately unconvincing is all of that?

As for point 3, I am a Scot and wholly at ease with being British. My issue is being part of the UK with my nation governed remotely in any way from a London establishment wholly out of touch with Scotland and which cares not a jot about what is best for Scots.

Britain is just a lump of land, like Scandinavia or Iberia. I am British.

The British Isles are a few lumps of land, just don't tell the Irish ;)

Not sure what living in the UK has to do with it though, your "say" on this particular subject would just as relevant if you lived in Outer Mongolia.

Perhaps you could try and see me as a nice Ghengis Khan.

Darling has been speaking today

@UK_Together: AD As part of the UK, we have ten times the capacity to defend ourselves, and from all sorts of threats. #BetterTogether #indyref

@UK_Together: AD We have a voice in the debates that impact on our well-being in a way which no other small nation has. #bettertogether #IndyRef

@UK_Together: AD It's entirely possible to be a patriotic Scot and be wholly at ease with being British #BetterTogether #indyref

@UK_Together: AD We share the resources to deal with risks which impact on all of us... of ill health, old age, unemployment and economic insecurity.

Great stuff from Mr Funny Eyebrows!

It's so clear Better Together.

None of that convinces me we are "better together"

I'm not surprised. :)

The only people who actually benefit in any meaningful way from there being a so-called UK are the traitors who are given access to the corrupt Westminster political/corporate revolving door which betrays the many interests of the vast majority of people who live, work and are highly taxed through that political/corporate power structure all over the so-called UK. Keep in mind that the people who live, work and are highly taxed all over the so-called UK only actually get to elect the political party that governs it, the people who vote for local politicians do not choose the cabinet ministers and their advisors or the thousands of quangos and the individuals who lead those quangos who have been misleading and robbing the people who have lived, worked and payed high taxes all over the so-called UK for centuries.

The treaties could theoretically allow it. If Scotland, say, voted overwhelmingly to stay in but the rest of the UK voted to leave, the article which formalised the Greenland phenomenon could be invoked to disapply the EU treaties to most of the UK's territories, and an internal arrangement to have Scottish Government personnel head up the "UK" representatives and interests could be reached. It would have huge consequentials on budget and common policy contributions and it would be messy, but it's not impossible.

Interesting. I'd have thought the UK withdrawal would negate such a possibility. Given the trade relationship between Scotland and the rest of the UK in an internal market, that would be helluva messy.

I'm not surprised. :)

The only people who actually benefit in any meaningful way from there being a so-called UK are the traitors who are given access to the corrupt Westminster political/corporate revolving door which betrays the many interests of the vast majority of people who live, work and are highly taxed through that political/corporate power structure all over the so-called UK. Keep in mind that the people who live, work and are highly taxed all over the so-called UK only actually get to elect the political party that governs it, the people who vote for local politicians do not choose the cabinet ministers and their advisors or the thousands of quangos and the individuals who lead those quangos who have been misleading and robbing the people who have lived, worked and payed high taxes all over the so-called UK for centuries.

You are that SS-ICBM tinfoil hat wearer aren't you?

Or are you Dow?

Lets me just pull out a random name from a hat for fun and say Finland for example.

In what way are Finland materially worse off in relation to points 1,2 and 4 than the citizens of the UK?

3 is of course entirely correct but makes no difference to anything.

"A poor second to Belgium when going abroad"

I'll need to find some You Tube sites...

Maybe you can help?

Not my forte, you are on your own with that one DeeGas. but I'm very sure that anyone who is genuinely interested the topic will be more than capable of doing their own research rather than reading your bollox. :1eye

Archived