Foxy Knoxy

The fact that Knox will remain at large, and will in all likelihood not be extradited is dreadful.

Innocent people don't launch million-dollar-plus PR campaigns. Mind you, yesterday's foot-stamping petulance after the verdict won't do her any favours.

She should be in jail for a long time.

Don't agree with that, the no after that question was quite convincing. But when she is asked "were you there that night" she says no and then immediately nods.

The Silent Talker Psychological Profiler at Manchester Met University featured on ITV last night would have loved that one although an obvious "No" with a nod wouldn't really have needed their technology.

Gist of the above was that when people have to focus hard on keeping a story straight the body struggles more with natural physical movement and so discrepancies arise in what's been said and the matching physical signs.

Really interesting program.....Be interesting to know what their equipment made of the huge volume of Knox footage available...bet they've fed it in and have an opinion.

I don't know as much as some of you guys seem to but I'm pretty certain she changed her story after first lifted for it. I'm not saying that means she committed murder but at the very least she's perverted the course of justice (or something along those lines).

She's probably just an arrogant self absorbed yank who thinks she could do whatever she wanted (within reason) and it was all part of 'her' European adventure. She's gone down a path now and can't really go back on it but the changing her story just screams that she knows more than she knows more than she's been letting on.

ETA, wid !

Edited by chomp my root

It was in a book I read, Death in Perguia by John Follain. Knox's book also touches on it.

Even if that was the case, that she had bought bleach that morning, how would you explain not one trace of Amanda's DNA, yet the room was littered with Guede's? It wasn't possible for Knox to have played an active role in the crime.

But at least two people killed Kercher plus all the circumstantial evidence. The faked robbery, not calling the police, not mentioning about the locked door when the postal police came, changing stories repeatedly, mentioning they slept till 1030 when a computer had been used for half an hour at 0530 and Sollectio phone being switched on, Amanda Know having had here earing ripped out and a scratch on her neck, Sollectio extremely strange phone call to the police, DNA on the knife and DNA on the bra strap. There may be no "smoking gun" but, at the same time, you can maybe explain away a few of these things but there is just so much evidence.

For about two hours last night I was reading this...

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/34/other-other-topics/amanda-knox-innocent-american-trial-italy-cold-blooded-murderer-648983/index444.html

and although the guys belives in her guilt it was still a great read. Starts at 6642.

But at least two people killed Kercher plus all the circumstantial evidence. The faked robbery, not calling the police, not mentioning about the locked door when the postal police came, changing stories repeatedly, mentioning they slept till 1030 when a computer had been used for half an hour at 0530 and Sollectio phone being switched on, Amanda Know having had here earing ripped out and a scratch on her neck, Sollectio extremely strange phone call to the police, DNA on the knife and DNA on the bra strap. There may be no "smoking gun" but, at the same time, you can maybe explain away a few of these things but there is just so much evidence.

For about two hours last night I was reading this...

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/34/other-other-topics/amanda-knox-innocent-american-trial-italy-cold-blooded-murderer-648983/index444.html

and although the guys belives in her guilt it was still a great read. Starts at 6642.

Nice one.

What alarms me is the apparant stance of Americas media. They back her story and when you see their coverage in contrast from our coverage from the point of view of Meridith kercher. You really get the sense of the power of the media and without wandering into conspiracy theory territory, you could see how this could be used for propaganda if it was ever required.

I think it would be really interesting if you get a couple of body language experts to read her body language like the police have done with suspects over here. I watched a interview with her on news night on the eve of the trial decision and I'm sure she states that they have no DNA of her on the weapon, no proof that she was the one who produced the killer blow. My first reaction was to think that she unknowingly admitted to being there at the time of the murder when she was focusing on no proof that it was her who produced the killer blow.

I Think she was in on the murder and was there but it wasn't her who committed the actual offence.

So I think she is guilty of being complicit of the murder and deserves a lengthy sentence but not as much as sentence for the person who committed the murder.

She's done a few years already, she should get another 5-10 years or sonething

It's only opinions!

P.s and yes obviously I would, she looks a right dirty cow. Could you imagine the shit she would be into. ????

Edited by a1974h

Nice one.

What alarms me is the apparant stance of Americas media. They back her story and when you see their coverage in contrast from our coverage from the point of view of Meridith kercher....

Much the same happened when the nanny from Liverpool was accused of shaking the baby to death, just in reverse:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louise_Woodward_case

From the eyeties..

How the judges arrived at the new ruling

Judges at the Kercher murder trial appeal have followed the 26 March indications of the Court of Cassation and “remedied” the second-instance verdict that acquitted Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito, itself overturned on the grounds that it exhibited “numerous shortcomings, contradictions and logical inconsistencies”. Yesterday night, a new judicial panel presided by Alessandro Nencini exceeded observers’ expectations by increasing Amanda Knox’s first-instance sentence and confirming the one handed down to Raffaele Sollecito. The twenty-eight years and six months for Ms Knox and twenty-five for Mr Sollecito say that both were at the scene of the crime and both took part in Ms Kercher’s murder.
“CO-PERPETRATORS” - The line taken by the supreme court in ordering a second appeal trial is clear: “To delineate the subjective position of Rudy Guede’s co-perpetrators, before a range of possible situations, which go from an agreement engendering the murder option to modifying a plan of action that initially contemplated only the involvement of the British woman in a sex game in which she did not want to participate or exclusive forcible participation in an extreme group sex game that spiralled out of control”. “Co-perpetrators” is the key word. Yesterday night’s verdict confirmed Amanda as the dominant figure but ascribes a leading role to Raffaele. The line taken by lawyers Giulia Bongiorno and Luca Maori, who had sought to separate the two defendants’ positions, was rejected. Anyone expecting a conviction for complicity has been disappointed. The court says that Raffaele was at the crime scene and took an active part in the murder.
CONFESSION - The supreme court highlighted fourteen controversial issues, calling into question everything from witness statements to DNA evidence and reconstructions of events. Severe doubts had been raised about the evaluation of Amanda Knox’s statements, that is her confession and the memorandum in which, less than a week after the murder with police investigators still in search of a motive, she described what happened at the house in Via della Pergola, identifying Meredith’s murderer as a black male. Ms Knox went into detail when questioned by officers from the Perugia flying squad. She told them that Patrick Lumumba wanted to have sex with Ms Kercher and that they had shut themselves in the bedroom. Ms Knox said she had then covered her ears because she did not want to hear “but I realised what was going on”. Ms Knox wrote everything down in clear handwriting on several sheets of lined paper that she then gave to the officers. It wasn’t Patrick; it was Rudy. And Rudy, the only person to admit being with Meredith that evening, confirmed the reconstruction down to the last detail while denying he was the murderer, thus substantiating the hypothesis that Amanda accused one to cover for the other, and so put herself in the clear.
MEMORANDUM - The Court of Cassation in part confirmed this interpretation when it affirmed: “It is true that these are considerations of dubious substantial significance but it is also true that they could not be dismissed - as they were - on the premise of the psychological pressure to which the writer was subjected and of the psychological manipulation applied. First of all, the written statement was drafted in absolute seclusion subsequent to the excesses of questioning and second, the written statement was used by the second-instance court as evidence of the offence of defamation, on the premise of full competency to stand trial. Ms Knox was in fact convicted partly on the grounds of this written statement and partly on the grounds of what she had said, in complete freedom and safe from acts of pressure, to her mother during a conversation”. This was enough for the supreme court to point out “clear contradictions in the evaluation of the same evidence, which compromises the structural coherence of the ruling” and invite “the referring court to reformulate its decision with greater coherence of argument. This is again a significant step in the justificatory reasoning and concerns the woman’s presence or absence in her home at the time of the event”.
RUDY’S CONVICTION - There is also the now-final verdict that sentenced Rudy Guede to sixteen years in prison for complicity in murder. The Court of Cassation was concise on the matter, noting that “the information on the presence of others should have been correlated with information on access to the house” where the crime was committed, and so with Amanda’s presence. DNA evidence, witness statements and transcripts of questioning are still on the board in the contest that pits prosecution against defence and the next round will be played out in a few months’ time in the Court of Cassation. But yesterday night’s ruling appears to have left an inexorable mark on the future of Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito.