Metal Gear Solid V

Broken Algorithms

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got this also. I try do it all stealthy and just tend to restart when I get busted. It's a bit annoying, cos I knock them out, then wake them up and interrogate them while they're on the ground. So they're out for the rest of the level, unless I get busted and they all get up and chase you.

Last time I got caught by the last remaining enemy in the stage so everyone got back up. Just lobbed a couple smoke grenades, grabbed the guy I was extracting and bolted.

Enjoying the second half more than I expected. The story is heavy disjointed but still good and the gameplay itself is still very, very enjoyable. Buddy wise I use D-Dog occasionally but having Quiet act as a distraction makes sneaking in much easier.

I'm not connected to the PlayStation Network and the game seems to be encouraging me to sign up for it to take part in FOB missions, but I'm quite happy with the way things are (the thought of having to come back and periodically defend my base doesn't sound appealing in the slightest) - will this affect my enjoyment of the game and my ability to complete it?

I'm not connected to the PlayStation Network and the game seems to be encouraging me to sign up for it to take part in FOB missions, but I'm quite happy with the way things are (the thought of having to come back and periodically defend my base doesn't sound appealing in the slightest) - will this affect my enjoyment of the game and my ability to complete it?

You can select disconnect in the start menu to turn that off. I wasn't particularly keen either.

I've not had a proper go at it yet, but chapter 2 is unforgiving at times. In hindsight, I'd fully recommend going through chapter 1 trying to get the stealth aspect down. Because when chapter 2 arrives, and they start putting certain limitations on you, it becomes very, very difficult for someone who spent some of the missions playing like Rambo.

I've not had a proper go at it yet, but chapter 2 is unforgiving at times. In hindsight, I'd fully recommend going through chapter 1 trying to get the stealth aspect down. Because when chapter 2 arrives, and they start putting certain limitations on you, it becomes very, very difficult for someone who spent some of the missions playing like Rambo.

Just completed the first chapter and I've had a look at some of the missions in chapter two - I know some it's just repetitions of previous episodes but some of the stipulations look really hard, especially having to blow up the communications equipment with no weapons, no support and no intel. I've been taking Quiet out with me and I've probably got into some bad habits, so this is going to be pretty difficult.

Just doing the side missions at the moment, getting them all out of the way before progressing with the story. I'm at 50 per cent just now. The teaser for chapter two looks immense.

Eli looks like a right bad egg. When I heard them mention "Les Enfant Terrible" I imagined he must have something to do with Liquid Snake.

Just completed the first chapter and I've had a look at some of the missions in chapter two - I know some it's just repetitions of previous episodes but some of the stipulations look really hard, especially having to blow up the communications equipment with no weapons, no support and no intel. I've been taking Quiet out with me and I've probably got into some bad habits, so this is going to be pretty difficult.

Just doing the side missions at the moment, getting them all out of the way before progressing with the story. I'm at 50 per cent just now. The teaser for chapter two looks immense.

Eli looks like a right bad egg. When I heard them mention "Les Enfant Terrible" I imagined he must have something to do with Liquid Snake.

You are correct in your assumption.

The man on fire and Eli spoilers.

both of them were easy to identify as characters of previous games. Most of you will certainly have Eli figured out and those that have paid enough attention to the man on fire will recognise him too.

Really enjoying the game's story mode but, as mentioned above, I'm a little hacked off that chapter two essentially amounts to a handful of episodes that advance the plot and a load of repetitions of previous missions. Some were decent fun (having to blow up the communications equipment with no weapons or buddy support) but the idea of having to do Traitors' Caravan again is about as thrilling as having my arse handled. I got my first E grade of the game in the repeat of Back Up, Back Down, and I imagine this will be more of the same.

Also:

I don't understand why the lads are so unpleasant to Quiet - she's put some shift in on a lot of the missions and to see her getting salt water chucked over her like that annoyed me. There was also a strange moment earlier when she dived into a pit of chlorine to fetch a necklace and came out all burned, but I was able to take her out with me on the next mission. This is a fabulous game but I'd be tempted to award it 8.5 out of a possible 10 because of some of the grievances.

Really enjoying the game's story mode but, as mentioned above, I'm a little hacked off that chapter two essentially amounts to a handful of episodes that advance the plot and a load of repetitions of previous missions. Some were decent fun (having to blow up the communications equipment with no weapons or buddy support) but the idea of having to do Traitors' Caravan again is about as thrilling as having my arse handled. I got my first E grade of the game in the repeat of Back Up, Back Down, and I imagine this will be more of the same.

Also:

I don't understand why the lads are so unpleasant to Quiet - she's put some shift in on a lot of the missions and to see her getting salt water chucked over her like that annoyed me. There was also a strange moment earlier when she dived into a pit of chlorine to fetch a necklace and came out all burned, but I was able to take her out with me on the next mission. This is a fabulous game but I'd be tempted to award it 8.5 out of a possible 10 because of some of the grievances.

You probably didn't have stealth camo or truck fulton the first time you did traitors caravan! Makes it a piece of piss.

You probably didn't have stealth camo or truck fulton the first time you did traitors caravan! Makes it a piece of piss.

It just took me ages the last time. I didn't particularly enjoy it and although I have more-advanced weaponry, I don't want to do it again. I would have preferred it if the game's makers had included brand new episodes for the second chapter rather than retreads.

I also read somewhere that you don't get the game's "true" ending unless you complete all the missions, retreads and all.

Archived