The Simpsons best bits

deadasdillinger

Same episode as Mike Rotch gag.

There's nothing subtle or clever about that, but I remember literally crying with laughter the first time when Homer says "I don't know." Even now that cracks me up.

There's nothing subtle or clever about that, but I remember literally crying with laughter the first time when Homer says "I don't know." Even now that cracks me up.

I sometimes still have to stifle laughter when standing in the post office queue as that scene pops in my head.

About two years ago I watched all my DVDs in order after having spent a few years watching an episode here and there when they were on channel 4. Even though I did and still do hole The Simpsons as the greatest TV show ever, I truly forgot how funny it could be. In A Streetcar Named Marge, while Marge is off singing as Blanche DuBois while shirtless Flanders is cavorting about Homer's left to eat himself and is moaning because Marge isn't there to do it for him, she tells him to open his own tins

astreetcarnamedmarge2th.png

The slow shift from looking at the unopenable can, to the ring pull, then "so I can open my own can of pudding can I? Shows what you know Marge!" had me literally struggling to breathe and I had to pause the DVD for a few minutes. So innocuous but so fucking hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hffuTx-t_AA

Scene 1 Bart: Homer, that was a 20. Homer: Shit!

Scene 2 Homer: Oh you son of a bitch!

Scene 3 Stupid Flanders: Hey Homer, you know I owe you one buddy, no sooner I shaved the old cookie duster that a lady cashed me in the commercial. I tell you the way I've been receiving these cheques coming in it's almost Christmas. Homer: You dirty b*****d!

Scene 4 Homer: What do you think, Lisa? Lisa: How's the dog supposed to get in? Homer: Well he just goes... Oh f**k!

Scene 5 Homer: (screams) f**k!

"If you're the police, who will police the police?"

"I don't know? The Coastguard?"

"What do you say to the accusation that your group has been causing more crimes than it's preventing?"

"Oh Kent, I'd be lying if I said my men weren't committing crimes!

".....touche"

"Weeeelll, if it isn't the leader of the Wiener Patrol boning up on his nerd lessons!"

"Homer! You should be more supportive!"

"You're right Marge. Good work boy.

....EGGHEAD LIKES HIS BOOKY WOOK!

"Homer!"

"Just tucking him in!"

Couple of lines in the space of a few seconds in one episode where Bart & Lisa are put in the same class:

Hillbilly: Say your prayers

Bart: Oh Lord, please strike these mountain folk dead

Hillbilly: ....I married a bear, and I started up a family

Hillbilly's wife: I told you I ain't a bear

Hillbilly: Roar roar roar, no-one understands you she-bear

Never, Marge. Never.

I can't live the buttoned down life like you. I want it all. The terrifying lows. The dizzying highs. The creamy middles. Sure, I might offend some of the bluenoses with my cocky stride and musky odours. Oh, I'll never be the darling of these so called 'City Fathers' who cluck their tongues, stroke their beards, and talk about 'What's to be done with this Homer Simpson?'