ICW deserves a thread on its own (have I missed it)

RRFC2711

Three title changes in three and a half months though? Plus, I doubt it'll still be the same guy as champ by the Hydro. In fact, I'd expect at least a couple more by then.

In nine months? I should hope so.

Damo is pretty good but I can't help but look at him think "Mastiff does this act much better".

I know what you guys are saying but this just shows that anything can happen. There was a predictability surrounding champions ever since ICW's inception (ie. Long term runs) and now more recently it's has shown that anything can happen at any given moment and not necessarily even on a "big" show.

Renfrew and Damo by all accounts had an all out belter and at the end of the evening, Renfrew was presented not strong enough to defeat the big guy. Damo was arguably Renfrews biggest challenge to date and, as he should be, was presented as too much to handle.

Will be interesting now to see how crowd reacts back in Glasgow to the change and how this all fits in with current storyline.

Edited by WestEndJag

I know what you guys are saying but this just shows that anything can happen. There was a predictability surrounding champions ever since ICW's inception (ie. Long term runs) and now more recently it's has shown that anything can happen at any given moment and not necessarily even on a "big" show.

Renfrew and Damo by all accounts had an all out belter and at the end of the evening, Renfrew was presented not strong enough to defeat the big guy. Damo was arguably Renfrews biggest challenge to date and, as he should be, was presented as too much to handle.

Will be interesting now to see how crowd reacts back in Glasgow to the change and how this all fits in with current storyline.

biggest Challenge? He fought Drew Galloway the night before, is Damo a bigger threat than Drew nowadays?

When the Hydro show was coming up a lot of people said the best way to send the neutral home happy was to let Grado win and hopefully attract new fans.

Here is no different. The first show outside the UK and the local hero win the gold. Best way to try and attract the Irish following. Don't see the problem myself.

The WWE did similar with Balor winning the NXT title in Japan.

Edited by diamond_for_life

You know it's not real, right?

Usual shit answer you get when you make a point

I said that in response to someone who stated Drew was a bigger threat to Renfrews title. Merely pointing out that in storyline, Damo WAS presented as stronger than Drew and Drew couldn't beat him empty handed.

Usual shit answer you get when you make a point I said that in response to someone who stated Drew was a bigger threat to Renfrews title. Merely pointing out that in storyline, Damo WAS presented as stronger than Drew and Drew couldn't beat him empty handed.

Apologies, it was worded as if you were treating it as a shoot.

Having lots of short reigns makes the title worthless. You can have maybe a couple I guess but if someone holds it for a while then it actually matters when they eventually lose it.

I guess in the short term it doesn't matter as it's ICW that's over more than any of the titles or performers. That's why it's usually pretty quiet during the matches themselves.

I think you need those short reigns. And having the title change on the tour as well means that it's now established that the title can change hands anywhere. That was the first title change outside of Glasgow. That was majorly important. It also makes the Renfrew title win make more sense than it already did. The belt basically acted as the catalyst for the split of the NAK. And now that's done, they've moved the title onto Damo. I'm now thinking he holds the title until the Barras where he goes against Coffey. What happens there is anyone's guess. I'd say it's a Coffey win, a Wolfgang cash in, and Coffey and Wolfgang to take their title feud to the Hydro where Coffey finally wins the big one.

I know I said Wolfgang won't win the title, but I've changed my mind.

I think you need those short reigns. And having the title change on the tour as well means that it's now established that the title can change hands anywhere. That was the first title change outside of Glasgow. That was majorly important. It also makes the Renfrew title win make more sense than it already did. The belt basically acted as the catalyst for the split of the NAK. And now that's done, they've moved the title onto Damo. I'm now thinking he holds the title until the Barras where he goes against Coffey. What happens there is anyone's guess. I'd say it's a Coffey win, a Wolfgang cash in, and Coffey and Wolfgang to take their title feud to the Hydro where Coffey finally wins the big one.

I know I said Wolfgang won't win the title, but I've changed my mind.

Another 2 title changes? Stop cheapening the belt! :lol:

I don't think Russo booking is something that anyone can really accuse ICW of. Everyone expected the belt to move onto Galloway after a full year reign from Jester and similarly with Grado. The belt has never had a history of yo-yoing from man to man. I think there's only been around 6 or 7 champs in the 4 years I've been going. Gunn, Whiplash, Lightning, Jester, Drew, Grado, Renfrew and now Damo.

The fact that the last two title changes haven't been as expected as the previous two years is surely a good thing? Why otherwise would folk in Belfast have bought tickets if they knew there was no chance of the title changing hands?

Yeah, quick title changes, man vs woman violence, nonsensical storylines and constant run-ins, nothing like Russo booking at all...

I don't mind Damo winning the title and actually think changing the title on tour outside Glasgow is a really good idea. I wouldn't have moved the title from Grado to Renfrew in between is all.