ICW deserves a thread on its own (have I missed it)

RRFC2711

I haven't watched any ICW ever but from stuff iv seen and read I quite fancy getting into it.

What is the best way to catch up? Is there a catalogue of ppvs etc that would be worth seeing. Or a good starting point? I'm not wanting to watch the full back catalogue, but happy to watch a few hours worth to get up to speed

It tells you how well they've booked that they're not selling out the Barras in the week before the show. They reached a peak and are starting to tumble back down the hill. Now, they got pretty high so it's not a disaster or even close but they're far less popular than they were a year ago. That's baffling to me after watching the show at the SECC but then a lot about ICW has baffled me since then.

They going to change the title yet again on Sunday?

It tells you how well they've booked that they're not selling out the Barras in the week before the show. They reached a peak and are starting to tumble back down the hill. Now, they got pretty high so it's not a disaster or even close but they're far less popular than they were a year ago. That's baffling to me after watching the show at the SECC but then a lot about ICW has baffled me since then.

10 title changes in six years yet you still criticise like it's being passed around willy nilly. You're really hung up on this aren't you? Every single wrestling championship in history has gone through long reigns and short reigns. If Grado had held the belt until the Hydro, you'd be moaning about it being formulaic and only changing hands at F&L.

Edited by djchapsticks

I haven't watched any ICW ever but from stuff iv seen and read I quite fancy getting into it.

What is the best way to catch up? Is there a catalogue of ppvs etc that would be worth seeing. Or a good starting point? I'm not wanting to watch the full back catalogue, but happy to watch a few hours worth to get up to speed

The on demand service has a load of stuff. I'd recommend that being your first stop

They've already sold 3000 tickets for Fear and Loathing and have nearly 8 months to go. I think they're doing alright.

There are less than 100 tickets available for Barramania. It will probably sell out.

Also agree with dkchapsticks re the title. It changes hands a lot less than most other titles around

Heading to Barramania tomorrow and actually have Monday off for once so plan to head to town for big mania. Any recommendations? I know box, walkabout and catty all have it on, anyone have any experience of these three for ppv viewing?

Heading to Barramania tomorrow and actually have Monday off for once so plan to head to town for big mania. Any recommendations? I know box, walkabout and catty all have it on, anyone have any experience of these three for ppv viewing?

Im going to the catty after barramania, the whole downstairs is just showing it with the commentary. So if theres no seats people just sit on the dancefoor haha! Walkabout is no bad if you can get a table booked but doubt you will. Box will also be showing it but last year I know a few people who left to go to the catty as box was heaving! 

Planning to leave the Barras during the title fight - as I have no time for Damo and can't see the title changing hands again....

Edited by Tay7x

They've been running shows in Glasgow most weeks, sold out in London last Friday and they're less than 100 tickets away from selling out the Barras for the second time in about 10 weeks. They've sold over 3,000 tickets for a show 8 months away. It is getting bigger, maybe not amongst the hardcore losers like us but normal people are gaining interest.

And again I stress they're not long after selling a few hundred tickets at the Garage too many times in the space of three months.

And aye, I am hung up on that.

I think that served a few purposes - they needed footage for this Italian TV deal, it let them test the water in terms of viewers with the free 24 hours On Demand, it was a test of whether a weekly Glasgow show would work.

Their next steps IMO have to be taking it out of Glasgow more often if they want to run weekly/fortnightly. People view it as a night out, I don't have the stamina to go and drink on a Sunday night every week. 99% of people they would hope to attract wouldn't want to attend more than 3-4 shows a year max, and that'd probably for me be Square Go, Barramania, Shug's and F&L. How do you pad out the rest of the year to give you footage for an On Demand service?

It's tough though - they only drew 220 paid in Dublin last month.

I've been to Dundee the three times they've been there - first time was ok then the other 2 the crowd were brutal.... 

Although Dallas has said they have plans for coming back to Dundee before F&L