ICW deserves a thread on its own (have I missed it)

RRFC2711

17 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

I'm not a fan of much of it. Actually utterly hate the Polo Promotions new one.

I'm guessing it's part of the iPPV deal. Last time I was at Barramania there were about 6 or 7 licensed songs and on Sunday there were none, just a few WCW style knock offs. Didn't even get Like a Prayer which I had a laugh at with all the seethe around me.

Also, I get that it's the ICW theme but Dallas all of a sudden taking Jesters old theme tune as his own is poor form. ;)

Thought it was a good night. Most of the negatives wrestling wise have been covered but it was still decent. Preferred it over Survivor Series that night.

As for the crowd. I was reminded of the problems West Ham have been having this season with the move to the new stadium. Lots of new fans that aren't familiar with the "culture" of going to their games. I'm sure the likes of DCT would of gotten an even greater reaction to that entrance if most of the people knew about him.

Even getting decent reactions to the more obvious things was difficult unless you were close enough to the front in the standing area to see what was going on.

Ultimately 4 of us went. None of us regretted it, all would go to another show and a couple bought the OnDemand service.

17 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

After last year's Fear and Loathing, if you asked me if I would watch ICW again, the answer would have been yes every time. After last night's show, it would be maybe, verging on no. 

This is the same with me, except further towards no.

6 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Preferred it over Survivor Series that night.

:lol:

That was awful on Sunday night.

I thought seeing some pasty white jobber beating one of the best wrestlers on the planet was just totally ridiculous. Lewis Girvan is so damn plain and average; what do people seen in this guy?

Joe Hendry is fantastic, so no surprise to see him jerking the curtain in a throwaway match.

ICW can't do cage matches. What is the point in a cage match if they start brawling outside the ring? It's meant to keep them in and everyone else out. Then they climb over the top rather than through the clearly open door, before proceeding to try and escape THROUGH THE FUCKING DOOR. Then Trent is the world's stupidest babyface and helps Wolfgang through by being a total and complete retard. Mind boggling.

Kurt tapping clean to a Boston Crab in < 10 minutes was amazingly lame. I'd have said put him in the main event but not if that's your finish. 

Why are Polo Promotions pretending to be Cubans?

Would agree that the typical ICW fan is a "creepy, smelly arsehole" as has been mentioned. Made me feel positively svelte and radiant in comparison. 

19 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Is Red Lightning 100% done as a wrestler?

No but scheduled for surgery in January with rehab to follow.

Which is the reason for being currently A) a fat ride and B) a non wrestler in the first place.

Edited by Red Lightning

As someone alluded to earlier, with the exception of some swearing and a couple of chair-shots to the head, the whole show was decidedly PG. Which would be okay, if the whole point of the ICW is that it was for over 18s which means they could do stuff they can't do in the WWE. 

I see the Godfather is appearing at the Garage on Sunday.

Despite that show being shit, I am intrigued to see the fall out and what the direction is going to be now after the year long Ownership angle. Less Girvan push, less heel Davey and wee man would be a start. 

Edited by Snakebite

6 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

As someone alluded to earlier, with the exception of some swearing and a couple of chair-shots to the head, the whole show was decidedly PG. Which would be okay, if the whole point of the ICW is that it was for over 18s which means they could do stuff they can't do in the WWE. 

Are they not in the midst of looking for a TV deal?

6 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Does anyone know the script with tickets on the door for ICW shows? It's something I've never done and I fancy seeing the Godfather on Sunday.

If you turn up early should be fine. Like you'll probably have to queue to guarantee them. Ive had them on the door a few times plus people will be skint from fandl probably so cant see it selling out before sunday ..

I watched the full show back On Demand last night.

It was an enjoyable show. 

Joe Hendry should get a massive push I reckon. He is excellent.

That Ricochet is even more mental than he seems on telly.

Watching the tag title match again, it seemed to definitley be changed after that botched 3D. It really didn't look good for Mark Coffey. He took a horrible landing. He couldn't have been expecting that. Any word on him? He seemed ok after the match but that bump wasn't nice to watch.

I enjoyed the battle for control every bit as much as I did live. Yes the Renfrew/submission part was fucked up, but that aside it was excellent. I never realised this at the time, but is Bram doing a Triple H gimmick? The big b*****d is the absolute double of him!

I would have liked Angle/Coffey to have been a couple of minutes longer but I still enjoyed the match.

The only match I struggled to get in to was the cage match. I really don't see anything in Trent Seven. He's really, really boring. The finish made virtually non sense at all and made all involved look fucking stupid.

Actually thought the opener came across a bit worse on a rewatch. Loved the 8 man on a second viewing. If there's one thing the ownership thing gave, it was a shitload of quality multi-man tags and this was no different. Still think the Shug's Hoose Party match was the highlight of the rivalry but this was a fitting end with a hot crowd.

Angle/Coffey was a bit meh for me. Just didn't enjoy it at all. The tag title match was actually fun for what it was before the weird ending.

Still think Lewis Girvan looked great in his role, and I like that ICW still won't let an import win on their first night in ICW. Well... not without interference at least. Pretty sure Kid Fite lost to Paul London thanks to Liam Thomson.