ICW deserves a thread on its own (have I missed it)

RRFC2711

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

Sensible square go winner. I assume he'll be taking the title asap. No clue how this year will pan out, which is much better than this time last year, where you knew that god awful storyline had another 9 months to go!

I assume he'll face Angle for the title at the Hyrdo, so don't think he'll cash in right away. They built Trent Seven up quite a bit and he seems to be pretty over with the fans, so I think they'll give him a run for a bit. 

Seems that Jester and Drew will be feuding a while, same with Joe Hendry and Lionheart. Not sure what they have planned for Grado though, and the likes of Wolfie, Renfrew, Stevie and Davie all will have to be given some feud or other. 

Yous will be happy to know that Kenny Williams has seemingly ended Lewis Girvan's hunt for the Zero G for now.

Only real things of note outside of that is that Lionheart/Hendry is continuing and Wolfgang wants his rematch in the very near future. Still an NAK/Buckys match to go though

Edited by Randy Giles

Well, he suspended The Bucky Boys for going over the top in a street fight. BT Gunn got lobbed off of a balcony. Jack Jester has lobbed about three folk off of balconies and at least one of those times wasn't a Street Fight.

Absolutely nobody is buying the sense in this.

I've just read the last 20 or so pages of this thread. Jesus. 

I used to be a regular attendee going back to the Maryhill days. I always knew there was potential but never in a million years did I think it would go this far. Dallas has always had some mad goals and when I would hear one I would think to myself "aye, okay", but sure enough it would happen. He's clearly not stupid and very determined. I can't even remember the last show I went to. It used to be a good highlight of the month for me. Finish work at 6 on a sunday, immediately get pished and head over to whatever venue and have a belter of a night. I can count on one hand the amount of shows I actually bought tickets for because for some reason Dallas gave me an eternal guestlist. That was nice of him because he wouldn't have been making money when he started doing that. Still, big Dunc fucked that one up good and proper for me! Anyway, I'm going to make a conscious effort to get to more shows but I'm massively out of touch with what is happening, which is why I ended up here. 

I have heard bits and bobs of the music they are doing and didn't realise until about a month ago they are using one I'm on, but everything I have heard has been brilliant. Granted, it's a friend of mine who's doing a lot of it, so I could be hearing things that haven't been assigned yet, but I was surprised to see some of the tunes aren't going down well. 

As for the "mutants"... They have existed since the days of Colin and BCW and will outlive us all. The old Wrestlemania parties at the Sports Bar were fucking horrific. I vividly remember being there with my mate, who happens to be a wrestler, and we were having a pleasant conversation. At which point some massive trainee who learned to walk the day before pops up. My friend goes to the bar (or knows what's coming and promptly fucks off so I get the brunt of it) and Giant Bawsacks is next to me. "Alright. You like Wolfgang? I'm a wrestler as well". That put me off these little gatherings for a while. It seemed that all these slabbering fuckwits just desperately wanted to be close to wrestlers and I would find myself being squeezed out of conversations with my actual fucking friends so they could talk about Christopher fucking Daniels and attempt to form some sort of social bond. 

With success it will naturally only get worse, and they are successful. For the most part they are just strange innocent enough people (the mutants) but it's the ones who feel like they are owed something that piss me off. The amount of times I've been on a night out with one of the guys and these roasters stoat up, assume I'm one of them, but not as popular in that crowd so try and bypass me to get to the person I'm on a night out with beggars belief. "Well I go to all the shows". Aye, good for you pal, now fuck off. 

Anyway, arse kissing is a thing everywhere you go. I did however have to laugh when I see people moaning about the arse kissers then as soon as Red or Dallas shows up here their attitude has completely changed... 

At the end of the day we are all wrestling fans, so like it or not we are fucking mutants. There's a degreee of mutation, yes, but we're all prone to a bout of slabbering arsery. 

On that note, I enjoyed Trent Seven on the WWE UK Chamionship Tournament, but it was the first time seeing him and I don't get the hype. He has that look of someone who's cocksure attitude isn't a gimmick. 

45 minutes ago, Toma_BullyWee said:

Anyway, arse kissing is a thing everywhere you go. I did however have to laugh when I see people moaning about the arse kissers then as soon as Red or Dallas shows up here their attitude has completely changed... 

Just so you're abreast of current terminology that's known as a "Dindeleux special".

I used to go to all the ICW shows and really enjoyed it. I still keep up with the product and try watch it when I can but stuff that from Renfrew is why I don't bother going anymore. Dallas is a good egg, but a lot of the guys involved in that promotion are wanks, and their exposure in recent years has seemingly gone to their heads.

The ones that bother me are the ones who feel the need to "self police" at shows when it comes to any chant that they deem unnecessary, or anything else for that matter. A guy gave Drew Galloway, a FUCKING HEEL, some stick during a "heartfelt promo" saying he was going to miss Fear and Loathing, causing those around him to throw an absolute bitch fit and get him thrown out, and then it turned out the guy was right anyways. And unfortunately, these sorts of people are long time die hards, and exactly the sort of folk being talked about as "mutants", although I think the term that probably should be getting used is "absolute arseholes".

5 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

The ones that bother me are the ones who feel the need to "self police" at shows when it comes to any chant that they deem unnecessary, or anything else for that matter. A guy gave Drew Galloway, a FUCKING HEEL, some stick during a "heartfelt promo" saying he was going to miss Fear and Loathing, causing those around him to throw an absolute bitch fit and get him thrown out, and then it turned out the guy was right anyways. And unfortunately, these sorts of people are long time die hards, and exactly the sort of folk being talked about as "mutants", although I think the term that probably should be getting used is "absolute arseholes".

Aye. Some of the punters at ICW shows are unbearable. Not sure why it attracts as many whoppers as it does.   

17 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

I used to go to all the ICW shows and really enjoyed it. I still keep up with the product and try watch it when I can but stuff that from Renfrew is why I don't bother going anymore. Dallas is a good egg, but a lot of the guys involved in that promotion are wanks, and their exposure in recent years has seemingly gone to their heads.

Anyone in particular stick out for you? Some people are just wanks regardless. I had my suspicions about a few of them, but for the most part they are nice guys. The ones I know, at least. There's one guy, who I won't name who I went right off after seeing how he interacted with a woman one night. Noam Dar is one guy I thought would be a right p***k. Delightfully proved wrong during a game of 7's one night. 

Damo, by the by, is one of the nicest guys I have ever met. 

8 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

I'm bagsying copyright on that term. I've been screaming mutant with that lot for over a decade!