ICW deserves a thread on its own (have I missed it)

RRFC2711

5 minutes ago, Toma_BullyWee said:

Anyone in particular stick out for you? Some people are just wanks regardless. I had my suspicions about a few of them, but for the most part they are nice guys. The ones I know, at least. There's one guy, who I won't name who I went right off after seeing how he interacted with a woman one night. Noam Dar is one guy I thought would be a right p***k. Delightfully proved wrong during a game of 7's one night. 

Damo, by the by, is one of the nicest guys I have ever met. 

I'm bagsying copyright on that term. I've been screaming mutant with that lot for over a decade!

I won't name names on here anyway. Don't get me wrong, a lot of great guys working there. Noam, Andy Wild, Galloway & Wolfgang etc have been top class when I've talked to them, I'm sure there's more. Just a few bad apples, but I'm sure it'll be the same for most promotions.

7 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Oh, and Trent Seven is brilliant, so fuck off.

As I said, I know hee haw about the guy other than the WWE thing. It just seems there's a wee internet hardon for him that I don't have.

1 minute ago, TheGoon said:

I won't name names on here anyway.

I didn't think you would. For the precise reason I didn't... I like my heid on my shooders. 

1 minute ago, Toma_BullyWee said:

As I said, I know hee haw about the guy other than the WWE thing. It just seems there's a wee internet hardon for him that I don't have.

I didn't think you would. For the precise reason I didn't... I like my heid on my shooders. 

Correct. 

I'm not sure on the popularity of Trent Seven myself. It felt like he got pushed big time fast, which doesn't always work, but folk bought RIGHT into it. And all he really did was beat all manner of cunts. Which again, doesn't always work.

There's nothing really outlandish about him. But he's over as fuck.

He had a terrific match in Newcastle with Wolfy which erased the cage match from memory and THEN some. Absolute stoater with Renfrew in Sheffield, and his formula match works a treat every time for the guys he wrestles.

On Ricochet at the Catty btw, he walked up to it when we were at the front of the queue and he got stopped and he proclaimed "I'm a wrestler!" to which they weren't convinced, so we were all like "he is! he is!". So he had some goodwill for the fans I imagine.

7 minutes ago, Snakebite said:

Apparently most of them think Ravie Davie is a tadger, which I would also say is spot on.

I disagree with that one personally. I can't speak for others but I like him. We aren't pally by any means but I've been in his company drinking once or twice and he was very nice. He also came up to congratulate on having a wean when I was up visiting the Asylum a while back, which he didn't have to do since as I said, we'd only met a few times. 

One guy I thought was a bit of a p***k was Thomas the ref. HOWEVER it should be noted that he showed up when I was 16 pints deep into a pub crawl and I believe I was deliberately trying to get a rise out of him. So y'know, it was probably me who was the massive p***k in that situation.

I still cringe whenever that memory resurfaces. 

Incredibly sorry. Should have a word with myself.

Reading opinion interests me. Why wouldn't it, or more to the point why shouldn't I be actively seeking opinion on the local scene and what people like and what people don't? 

I'm a fantastic stand up all round belter of a guy!

edit: trust my adversary in this thread to be an airdrie fan, tut tut. The pain and anguish of the 01/02 season must have never left you.

Edited by Red Lightning