ICW deserves a thread on its own (have I missed it)

RRFC2711

I feel like I’m just being a w****r to things ICW again but for the big show of the year it just felt very..........meh. 

As for the KLR stick I really dont get that either she has been one of the best workers and wrestlers I’ve seen since my time watching ICW.

Edited by diamond_for_life

Stupidly had a read at the fans facebook page to see the general consensus on last night. Actually think its a tragic read. Mob mentality of bullying certain folk who only seem desperate to makes friends. 

I see someone asking for a shot of someone elses On Demand service to watch last night . To be fair to ICW what chance you got with patter like that. Must be hard not to react to that. 

Quick question if Mark is ever back on what happened to the game that got announced a few years back?

Edited to add the ass kissing in that facebook page is cringey as f**k though. No like the high IQ groundbreaking debates we have on here :lol:

Edited by diamond_for_life

1 hour ago, diamond_for_life said:

Edited to add the ass kissing in that facebook page is cringey as f**k though. No like the high IQ groundbreaking debates we have on here :lol:

This bit of the forum is like club MENSA compared to the Airdrie thread! :lol:

Hmmm.

Not really liking this. Far too many restrictions and WWE controlling so much doesn’t sit well with me.

Really worried for the future of ICW here. I’m concerned that they’ll lose their identity and become a very sanitised, controlled version of what they were. Likewise with Progress.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Really worried for the future of ICW here. I’m concerned that they’ll lose their identity and become a very sanitised, controlled version of what they were. Likewise with Progress.

Possibility of selling up? Not that I know Mark Dallas but he doesn't strike me as a guy who would want to do a sanitised version of anything. He's maintained his original course for better or worse up to this juncture.

That buyout thing was confirmed as nonsense before. Again, it needs to be stressed how much complete bullshit has been reported on the UK stuff. They either have shit sources or are guessing.

They seem to have an extremely strong hand in EVOLVE at the minute and seem to just be applying that to the rest.

Right, watched the Hydro show.

The TLC match was fucking terrible. I usually love multi man clusterfucks with ladders, but this was poor, and the audience didn't seem to care either. For what it's worth, they were into pretty much everything else.

Aaron Echo vs. Kenny Williams was quite the upturn in quality. Echo just forearming Williams all over the place was fun, and it flew by well. Really enjoyable fare.

Mikey Whiplash vs. Joe Hendry was total nonsense, but in the best way. Loads of stuff going on and it was all a lot of fun.

The Coffey battle was good. The fans were won ever despite being a bit restless in the early going, so well done to both guys for sucking them into it. It did feel like a tough physical battle.

British Strong Style vs. Bad Company and Noam Dar was standard British Strong Style fare, which means it was a lot of fun. Trent Seven was particularly great in this. Thought BT Gunn had a great showing as well.

Queen of Insanity lived up to it's title without going completely mental. The finish was great, and both ladies took some serious punishment.

Alpha Evil vs. Kinky Party was sorely disappointing given what the two teams are capable of. Just seemed so plodding. Good to see Ashton and Rampage winning the titles though. Big fan of both guys.

Grado vs. James Storm was total nonsense, and in the worst way. Woeful stuff.

Lionheart vs. Jackie Polo was a real good main event. Not as good as the Shug's match. Probably on a par with the two Barramania matches. I wouldn't mind seeing a decider with the series of matches now being at 2-2, and the standard has been high so far, so it'd probably be cracking. Would make sense to have it at Barramania, where it all started.

So the show was actually really good in the end. Three matches where I wasn't impressed, but the rest was great to watch. So the good far outweighs the bad.

28 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

The way the crowd was structured seemed to affect it a bit. Loads of standing fans were shunted to the sides facing seated fans rather than the ring.

Seen a lot of complaints about this and the barrier levels. For me a fair bit of the ICW atmosphere died when they put floor seating in at all shows and it's never been back.  At least they won't ever be back to the hydro for another show, it's a gash venue.