ICW deserves a thread on its own (have I missed it)

RRFC2711

loved Dragunov would love to see him again. Was actually delighted with the choice of square go winner too will be an interesting angle going forward. Was also pleased for KOC and that had me a few times thinking it was done before the finish really enjoyed it . 

Some shite bits in the Square go match itself and overall a bit meh with for the first half of that match. Maybe im wrong but Lightning winning made it for me but felt it wasnt great. Special mention to Lou King Sharp though cracking character the mrs instantly loves him. 

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Thought you'd swore off it? Seen a few wrestling dorks panning it on Twitter etc. 

It's been that long I forgot how bad it was. Absolute dog shit in all honesty.

The Russian chap was decent he looks a star but really the rest of the show just done nothing for me. The title match between Lionheart and yon other c**t was truly dreadful. Both dull as dishwater and the crowd didn't give two shits.

Cracking day out down the West End though. 

Enjoyed the show. The undercard was seriously heavy on nearfalls. The one match that wasn't was the Zero G and that was the best match on the show.

Some great and some shit in the main event. Red winning the same way he did first time around was a great touch.

EDIT: Kicking out of a super piledriver. What?

Edited by Principal Flutie

Several fights at the show and loads of folk papped out of the after show. I left that early and it all probably means I won't be back. Really ruined it for me.

The layout of the venue was weird, but thankfully was in a place that wasn't too awkward. Folk on the opposite side to me would have had all sorts of bother.

Edited by Principal Flutie

5 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Why? Why I mean are people causing shit? It's a show ffs, if you want to go acting the hard man go fucking do it elsewhere

Especially at a fucking wrestling show where a good number of people in attendance could knock the shit out of you. Much better to do it at a Little Mix concert. 

We had seating for the show and i have to say it was amazing sitting for a change at the ring. Didn’t book seating originally but it got changed by ICW. Defo no complaints i really preferred that it if im honest. 

Couldn’t help notice the w****r factor when it came to the crowd that were standing two diddies got ejected just behind us for trying to grab the wrestlers on the ramp. 

Maybe being over sensitive but lets be honest and say there is also a very unique crowd that follow ICW. I don’t know how to say it without sounding like a dick but they are brought together by being “different” and i see a lot of people going on their one. Well one boy not far from us was genuinely into it like lives and breathes what he sees. So do a lot going by the facebook page its a way of life for them its not just a wee hobby. Well when kings of catch won he was genuinely in tears with delight celebrating like f**k and some absolute dickheads filmed him to put on social media and mock him. First time I’ve ever felt the need to stick someone in at a show but was disgusted at that behaviour. 

Had two lassies sitting next to us moaning like f**k about the seating all the way through it and looking for freebies from ICW but other than that the seating bit was trouble/pain in the arse free. We didn’t see any fighting at all.

I hope to f**k Joe Coffey doesn’t go on to fight Lightning and win the case like Renfrew did a few years back. 

Spoke earlier about the square go being largely meh but a special mention to the pish with Coffey and his helpers. After the thread on wrestling tropes this bit done my tits in ICW have this every square go. That and eliminated superstars eliminated others. Think i was the only person sitting who didn’t give two fucks about Jarret.

Overall though defo enjoyed it and before it i was hoping red won it so i went away happy with that and the tag match result. Nae interst in the shenanigans with the women’s match. Love Dragunov he was probably my highlight. Didn’t watch much of Lionheart we went to the bar.  So aye I’ve been fair negative about ICW at times on this thread but fair play on the other night. 

2 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

I was back row seating and was kinda lucky that I had a wee exit right beside me. The folk on the other side probably had every right to piss and moan. That didn't look like a fun and easy exit at all.

I would only have been a few rows infront mate did you see the two lassies constantly moaning about seats? We used that exit during the Lionheart match to chill at the bar. 

Was my first ICW show since Shug's last year but had a cracking time at the Square Go. 

Was delighted the Kings of Catch finally won the tag titles. It was well deserved and long overdue. IMO they should have won it at F&L but thankfully there was no problem with delayed gratification and they got a well deserved big pop. Hope they have a long reign with the belts. 

Thought KLR v Toni Storm was really good albeit slightly ruined by the ending. The positive though is that it probably means Toni Storm will be back and we'll either get a triple threat and/or at least a couple of singles matches. One thing I've been critical of ICW for before is that their women's roster has no depth to it at all. Since I started watching and going to ICW shows in 2016 it's literally only been KLR and Viper (and Carmel just before she retired) who have been credible or champions for a sustained period of time, with Kasey having a short reign and Martina being champion for a day. Kay Lee Ray and Viper are both outstanding talents but I would expect better from a wrestling company in this day and age and would expect a roster with multiple talents telling multiple stories instead of just - Kay Lee Ray v Viper for the title and Kasey v Jokey on the undercard. What makes it more baffling is that there's all women's promotion (previously run by ICW) in Glasgow run by an active ICW wrestler that uses a whole host of women that I'm sure would be willing to wrestle for ICW. Having an import who will, hopefully, wrestle on a few different shows does a little to rectify that at least. 

Joe Coffey v Ilja Dragunov was superb. Definitely the match of the night. Two big b*****ds beating the shit out of each other. That's what you want to see. Dragunov looks like a total star and I'm not surprised to see him sign with WWE this week. I'm looking forward to seeing him on the big stage but I hope ICW get the chance to bring him back. 

Lionheart v Angelico was totally flat and not a great match by either men's standards. The crowd was DEAD. Not into Angelico? Not into the story (or lack of) of the match? It's a shame because Angelico is so good, as his match with Whippy at Shug's last year showed. The story of wanting to compete in one-off matches against imports, or the best talent in the world, is fine but TBH, this might be controversial, I don't think Lionheart is good enough in the ring to pull that off. Especially when it's obvious he's going to win. I'm not convinced he's world champion material either in 2019 and certainly not as a face. I was thinking about it and Lionheart just isn't a draw for me as world champion. Having said that he's much better when he's involved in a compelling story, as his feud with Jackie Polo showed last year which was fantastic. If they put him in a proper storyline with some interest and drama I'm sure he could win me round on his title reign. 

Was my first time seeing the Square Go match itself. Had its ups and downs but really enjoyed it. Thought Lou King Sharp, Liam Thompson, Red, Viper, Leyton and Paxxo all put in a good shift and enjoyed Kenny Williams' and Iestyn Rees' schtick too. Also enjoyed the continuation of Kez Evans' and BT Gunn's feud and hoping we'll continue to see more of the Anti Fun Police (I think they've been booked for King of Hawners). I must admit I did pop for Double J  (and done the opposite of a pop for Just Justice) but missed almost all of his stuff with Grado thanks to the arseholes who decided to get into a scrap at a fucking wrestling show. Apparently, it was some guy who's caused trouble before and it seems to be a regular occurrence at ICW shows. Always seems to me like there are people there who go purely for a piss up and a laugh and have no interest at all in the actual wrestling. Which is fine I guess but there's always some who are intent on ruining the show for others. No need for it. (Also some other people near me who were calling people fat or audibly taking the piss out of them). If they got papped out hopefully they'll be banned from future ICW shows. Also seems to be a worrying trend of fans getting physical with performers. That's the third time in recent months it's happened that I can think of. Someone else at the Square Go tried to grab the sink off Wolfgang before getting shoved to the ground by the ring crew. It's just idiotic. 

A few times during the Square Go it was a little hard to see some of what was going on (there were a couple of times I wasn't sure if somebody had been eliminated) but that would probably be my only complaint. The ring could maybe do with being taken off the floor a little higher but I liked the venue overall (not sure how good a view you would have got from the back mind you). 

As for Red winning, I have mixed feelings. I was delighted for him and in the moment it was really special. But, similar to what I was saying about Lionheart, I'm not sure Red is the best person to be winning the Square Go in 2019. Red always pulls whatever he's doing out the bag but Lionheart v Red Lightning for the world title really isn't something I want to see or if they do ANOTHER Dallas v Red storyline and match for control of the company that can get fucked too. They teased Red Lightning v Joe Coffey but not sure how they'd go about doing that. I don't want Joe v Red for the briefcase or for Red to challenge him for the Zero-G as that would just be a waste of the Square Go. They were maybe hinting at a triple threat at the end but not sure how that would come about either. 

Viper was my dark horse pick and I would have loved it if she'd won but really I was hoping Joe Hendry would win. Especially as there's a ready-made feud between him and Lionheart. TBH I'm not sure why they haven't done more with him. He's one of the best in-ring talents they have, superb on the mic and has name value from the Commonwealth Games, Impact, WOS and his entrance made videos. He's absolutely world champion material and with most of their NXT UK guys not being around as much they need to pull the trigger on him sooner rather than later. Maybe as Dallas' guy, he wins the belt off Lionheart and it's him v Red Lightning? Looking forward to seeing how it plays out at least. 

Also, heard at the show that there's no Barramania this year as it would clash with too many NXT UK dates. I'm hoping they'll maybe run a show at the Barras later in the year though. 

Got my ticket for King of Hawners. I'm looking forward to it. Something different for ICW and they've announced some good names already. 

Anyone heading up to the Aberdeen show? They've announced a few matches for it this week, including a tag title and Zero G match.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Saw some posts on here asking about Davey Blaze. I went to one of Dallas' spoken word shows and he talked about it. I don't remember all the details as it was a wee while back so forgive me, but essentially the gist of it was that Davey and Dallas had had a falling out and I think some strong views were exchanged. Dallas said they used to be best mates and called him an idiot (but in an affectionate way, like a lovable idiot) and he said they have spoken since. I can't remember what he said about him possibly coming back but I think it was something along the lines of 'it's up to him', 'unlikely but don't rule it out'. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how it all went down or played out but I understand tonight's results in Aberdeen were - 

Kieran Kelly beat Scott McManus 

Jokey beat Viper 

Kings of Catch beat Kinky Party to retain the tag titles 

Jackie Polo beat Grado and challenged Jeff Jarrett to a match at Shug's 

Bad Company beat Joe Hendry, Ravie Davie, Kez Evans and Leyton Buzzard in an 8-man tag 

Joe Coffey beat Andy Wild to retain the Zero-G Championship and afterwards Liam Thomson challenged Joe Coffey to a Zero-G title match (which Joe accepts)

Aaron Echo beat Scotty Swift 

Kenny Williams beat Jason Reed 

Lionheart beat Mark Coffey to retain the ICW World Heavyweight Championship

Worth noting Red Lightning confirmed he has no interest in the Zero G title.

The Polo match with Grado was for Grado to get a shot, and he lost the chance. I assume that Grado will still get that match eventually though. I don't believe Polo made the challenge.

Wolfgang said the same thing Lionheart did. Wants world class performers. I'm thinking there's a Gold Label clash down the line with the champ, Lightning and Wolfgang.

One of the new masked tadgers took a beating from Lionheart after the main event.