ICW deserves a thread on its own (have I missed it)

RRFC2711

Fair enough... not sure I agree with everything on the thread and certainly he does seem a bit desperate to make money... as some people alluded to, pre-retirement he was pretty much liked by everyone. I never got to see his standup show (partly cos of the £30+ fee which seemed a bit steep), but I'll defo go along to this regardless.

Cracking meme on that thread :)

33oh0tv.png

• 3 weeks later...

I wasn't sure what to expect last night with the big show tonight but they delivered in a big way. Bram vs Noam Dar was as good as anything you'll see, both guys went full throttle for the whole time they were in the ring. It's just a matter of time before Dar starts getting bigger indie bookings in the States. Rhyno showing up unannounced for the main event was class as well, him and Drew had a brawl which ended up out on Maryhill Road. Polo Promotions showing up steaming and handing out Coronas was great. Jackie Polo is easily my favourite man in the company. Toal seemed legitimately steaming and I ate one of his chips. Jester vs Kenny was good but not sure the handshake was needed, Kenny is established and it's hardly a feather in the cap of someone that good to be "this close" to beating Jester. The venue was perfect for watching wrestling. Only negative was it felt like Renfrew was everywhere. I like him but it's overkill when he's in 4-5 segments.

#paragraphs

Off to Shug's House Party tonight with 6 (SIX) workies, including 3 lassies ... one of whom was convinced that the Undertaker was going to show up (she claims I told her this but all I did was send her a Youtube link where the Undertaker appeared). And the other two aren't really into the wrestling but were delighted at the story of me getting twatted in the face by a flying dildo so want to see a repeat performance.

Off to Shug's House Party tonight with 6 (SIX) workies, including 3 lassies ... one of whom was convinced that the Undertaker was going to show up (she claims I told her this but all I did was send her a Youtube link where the Undertaker appeared). And the other two aren't really into the wrestling but were delighted at the story of me getting twatted in the face by a flying dildo so want to see a repeat performance.

The lights go out..

Dong.. THE FLYING DILDO APPEARS!

I wasn't sure what to expect last night with the big show tonight but they delivered in a big way. Bram vs Noam Dar was as good as anything you'll see, both guys went full throttle for the whole time they were in the ring. It's just a matter of time before Dar starts getting bigger indie bookings in the States. Rhyno showing up unannounced for the main event was class as well, him and Drew had a brawl which ended up out on Maryhill Road. Polo Promotions showing up steaming and handing out Coronas was great. Jackie Polo is easily my favourite man in the company. Toal seemed legitimately steaming and I ate one of his chips. Jester vs Kenny was good but not sure the handshake was needed, Kenny is established and it's hardly a feather in the cap of someone that good to be "this close" to beating Jester. The venue was perfect for watching wrestling. Only negative was it felt like Renfrew was everywhere. I like him but it's overkill when he's in 4-5 segments.

#paragraphs

I got fucking soaked when Rhyno smashed the cider over Galloway. Also the PSOne spot as well I got smacked with a shard of the disc. Which was, typically, WWF Attitude.

It was a pretty good night all in all. Polo is fucking great.

Enjoyed it as well, but canny stand Chris Renfrew and beyond bored with the NAK. I suppose thats the point of a heel...I just think hes a dime a dozen brawler who thinks hes better than what he is.

Polo should be the top guy, hes got the size, the gimmick and he can talk

Edited by Snakebite

Polo is a class wrestler as well, his match with Lionheart at the Barras was superb.

Just a prediction rather than a spoiler - I reckon him and Coffey will drop the tag titles tonight and they'll push Polo as a singles wrestler

I wasn't a massive fan of the show last night. Thought it was an enjoyable enough b-show with some cracking moments. Rhyno turning up was a nice surprise until I realised he was actually going to be wrestling for the title and then I got a bit annoyed because I never want to see Rhyno wrestle. Turned out to be a fairly decent main event though. Dallas getting pinned by his son was a nice wee half time bit of charm. Polo Promotions completely stole the show with their segment. An absolute joy to watch. Think my favourite bit was Coffey shaking hands with someone who came downstairs and then falling out of the ring.

I agree on Renfrew being good, but him being everywhere didn't doing any favours at all. Not sure there's many guys that can pull that off. Red Lightning has done a great job of it but he's on another level from most on the mic in ICW. His match with Lionheart was my favourite on the show. Some good stuff in that, and Dar/Bram was not far behind. Although after such a hot start, I thought they were going to just go mental with the pace, but they sort of killed it a bit. Still a really good match though, even if the loss was extremely decisive, and not a good sign for Noam's direction. Good showing for Aaron Echo in his ICW debut. I thought Williams/Jester was actually not very good.

Red Lightning was actually a highlight as well.

EDIT: So aye, it was a fun show. Not one of ICW's better efforts, but I did think it was worth my 17 quid.

Edited by Randy Giles

Corporate Drew is exactly what they needed to do. Jester/Drew/Red Lightning vs Grado/Damo/Joe Coffey will be great.

They probably had too many big angles tonight. Gutted I missed Whiplash and the heid the baw in the crowd.

If last night was decent. Tonight knocked it clean out of the fucking park for me. Brilliant show from start to finish, it really had everything you want and you can't ask to be more entertained for £16.

Whiplash incident was literally 6 feet in front of where we were standing. I couldn't pick up exactly what was said but the guy mentioned something about blading apparently and Mikey just fucking lost it. I thought the guy was dick but Whiplash failed to maintain any semblance of professionalism. We were questioning to each other whether it was legit or a plant but there seemed to be genuine hatred in Whiplash's eyes. He fucking totally lost the place for about 2 minutes.

And yeah Marshy, we were about 20 feet from the Swedish boy last night. Safe to say the amount of bevvy consumed between Saturday and Sunday night will catch up with me Monday and Tuesday!! :(