Transfers !

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ormiston trying 2 sign 2 east Linton amateur players. Big centre half white and also their top scorer Wilson. Easthouses also been watching

good couple of signings they would be! maybe go down the same route as fauldhouse united aswell and have an open day could find a couple players out of that potentially?

Robbie Manson has been freed by Spartans. Surplus to requirements

Sounds as if your happy to see him go,Robbie has stuck by them through thick and thin,good times and bad times,captained the team and all of a sudden he's surplus to requirements,is that your personal quote,good servant to the club and could have moved on a few times but stuck in there,heard he's at or going to Broxburn,time for a change,best of luck to him except when he plays us.

Wingnut just quoting what I just got told Not sure how u can say I seem happy from that post.

I'm sure someone has been winding you up pep. Strange one of true but sure Dougie Samuel will explain!

I heard he was going to Broxburn Messi so there's a fair chance it's no a wind up,Pep,it was just the way you said it but if someone else said it then apologies given,Robbie's grafted his arse off for the team in the past but but pastures new may be better for him if he's surplus to requirements as you've been told.

I agree Robbie was a great servant to the club. Sad to see him go

Iv'e a lot of time for Spartans but they've no hit the heights since Archie,Kingy,Malin,Omar,Deano days but sure they'll bounce back.

Hard to lose players of that calibre but sammy has made some good signings and still think John grant when in midfield will be up there next season.

Iv'e a lot of time for Spartans but they've no hit the heights since Archie,Kingy,Malin,Omar,Deano days but sure they'll bounce back.

I think the quality of the league has improved a lot since the days of them guys ?

Maybe that's why yer Spartans have nae hit the heights yer talking aboot :o

I think the quality of the league has improved a lot since the days of them guys ?

Maybe that's why yer Spartans have nae hit the heights yer talking aboot :o

Tbh Nooky I've no seen much apart from the odd game in the EOS and it may well have improved ,yer Spartans will have to improve for next season if they want to win the league.

Seems as if Sammy is signing big athletic guys who can run all day but can't play football. Finishing 3rd in the league this season and loosing your skipper and a few more and bringing in the boy main who I have seen a few times and looks like bambi on ice, boy beacher doesn't have a clue what to do when the balls at his feet. Fair enough he won a cup, struggling to beat a team in a lower division in the final, surely he has to be under pressure?don't think in my days I have seen a worse Spartans side. I agree with wingnut the days off kingy,deano,malin,arch etc must have been hard to follow although Lawson went the next again season having lost majority off them and just lost out on the league to goal difference then sacked???

Seems as if Sammy is signing big athletic guys who can run all day but can't play football. Finishing 3rd in the league this season and loosing your skipper and a few more and bringing in the boy main who I have seen a few times and looks like bambi on ice, boy beacher doesn't have a clue what to do when the balls at his feet. Fair enough he won a cup, struggling to beat a team in a lower division in the final, surely he has to be under pressure?don't think in my days I have seen a worse Spartans side. I agree with wingnut the days off kingy,deano,malin,arch etc must have been hard to follow although Lawson went the next again season having lost majority off them and just lost out on the league to goal difference then sacked???

As i said don't see much of EOS and at the end of the day it's Sammy's call who he picks for Spartans but Jordan Finnie had all the ability to do well but was on the wee side and didn't seem to get a game so can see your point in the big and athletic point,been going on for years and my opinion if your good enough you should be in the team.

Are you crackers pal,the rules are ya have to knock the team what won the league, we came 3rd, yous are obviously still living in the past.

Is this a new 1st, Spartans slated for next season already & less than a week after our season finished (reminder - winning the King Cup).

Keep slating us though, it makes for a lot of laughter round our way!

Every season, players come & go, it's always sad to see your favourites move on & there's always the longing that 1 day they might return. But each season new favourites emerge & no doubt eventually they'll move on. There's not many legends around EoS but I've had the pleasure of seeing a few in my short time at Spartans.

Even when we get the Lowland League going & the pyramid in place, players will still come & go but hopefully we'll be in a stronger position to keep them as we move up & progress.

If you still think finishing 3rd (in what 1 highly regarded poster on here claims "the quality of the league has improved a lot since the days of them guys" Kingy, Archie, Omar, Gav & Deano) in their 1st season in charge is a failure then continue to live in the past, I on the other hand can see a rosey future.

So let's get this thread back on track & well done to Mickey Lawson & his boys & f**k Whitehill Welfare! :lol:

Grim

Have LTHV or CIVIL signed anyone, I think they two will be favourites for the drop unless they sign a few decent players! Civil dropped when manager changed hands and Lothian well they were just poor I thought.

I think the quality of the league has improved a lot since the days of them guys ? Maybe that's why yer Spartans have nae hit the heights yer talking aboot :o

Nonsense. 3 of those players you are talking about went senior, the fact the same WW gang who were hopeless last year won the league only goes to show the drop in standard.

Agree wingy.Have seen the wee man a few times and have to admit he always impressed me and looked a talent never really featured under sammy this season.I wonder what the old heads in the spartans team are thinking off the 'new look' spartans side.couldn't imagine the likes off mccloud and donal not being content with the players he's brought in.

As i said don't see much of EOS and at the end of the day it's Sammy's call who he picks for Spartans but Jordan Finnie had all the ability to do well but was on the wee side and didn't seem to get a game so can see your point in the big and athletic point,been going on for years and my opinion if your good enough you should be in the team.

Archived