Dundee United 2013/14 Season

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure there's a world of difference between the clubs. Everton would certainly be a bigger draw than Sunderland admittedly. But my point wasn't that Robertson would knock back Everton because Souttar had knocked back Sunderland. I highlighted it to illustrate the point that this crop of players aren't guaranteed to accept the first offer that come their way, in the way that many think they will.

Substantially more? At least 25% more than the top end of your estimate.

After some of the figures that have been thrown about in previous Gauld threads I think Utd need a reality check with what spl players can potentially be worth.

I really do hope you hang on to your young players as another full season of SPL football would be hugely beneficial in comparison to sitting in an EPL reserve side.

However, thinking that you will get 1.5m for Robertson is slightly unrealistic, I think you would be lucky for anything close to 1m, with maybe potential add ons subject to apps, int call ups and sell on fees.

I can't remember what McCarthy went for but the initial up front price couldn't have been much over 1m (I amnt 100% on this so happy to be corrected), and he had proven himself for several seasons.

United will have to pay a development fee to QP this time as we will be making a profit something everyone seemed to neglect when accusing us of wrong doing in the Barry Douglas case.

Robertson will go for 1m plus add-ons.

After some of the figures that have been thrown about in previous Gauld threads I think Utd need a reality check with what spl players can potentially be worth.

I really do hope you hang on to your young players as another full season of SPL football would be hugely beneficial in comparison to sitting in an EPL reserve side.

However, thinking that you will get 1.5m for Robertson is slightly unrealistic, I think you would be lucky for anything close to 1m, with maybe potential add ons subject to apps, int call ups and sell on fees.

I can't remember what McCarthy went for but the initial up front price couldn't have been much over 1m (I amnt 100% on this so happy to be corrected), and he had proven himself for several seasons.

Under 1.2m + cash after appearances, after ~3 solid seasons, according to Wikipedia. Robertson has had half a season, so I agree with you on him.

United will have to pay a development fee to QP this time as we will be making a profit something everyone seemed to neglect when accusing us of wrong doing in the Barry Douglas case.

Robertson will go for 1m plus add-ons.

Is it not the case that because we signed him from an amateur club the development fee issue doesn't apply? Even so I hope United would offer something.

Is it not the case that because we signed him from an amateur club the development fee issue doesn't apply? Even so I hope United would offer something.

In terms of compensation yes. However as far as I'm aware each club a player plays for under 21 splits 5% of every transfer in the players career.

What else do you expect Thomson to say?

I wouldn't surprised if he left for between 500 and 800k. If people honestly think the player would knock back the offer to go to Everton to play in this league then you need a reality check.

Would you not have said the same thing about Souttar and Sunderland?

There's a difference between Everton and Sunderland sure, but it's not as wide as the gap that separated United from them. Premier league football and Souttar turned it down to focus on getting game time!

Scrapped? Doubtful! They have to pay him off.

Reports today in the Mirror said Blackburn will look to terminate David Goodwillie's 8k a week contract in the summer.

I thought his contract ran out in the summer.

Robbo Carlos won't be leaving for half a mil. :lol: And there isn't "a world of difference" between Everton and Sunderland, in fact there's very little difference at all.

15 league positions and 24 points to be precise.

Had a feeling we might be sniffing around El Alagui. Good record at Falkirk - did he score against us in the League Cup? Worth a punt and a better option than Graham I would think.

Still reckon we need to bring in two strikers, though.

Heard a sneaky rumour that we were trying to get Noel Hunt on loan til the end of the season. Not from my usual source so may well be a lot of shite

Someone on here said that, too. Would be surprised, though. Think he's just back from an injury. Although he'd probably be better suited to McNamara's preferred formation than El Alagui.

Archived