Dundee United 2013/14 Season

I'm sure there's a fair bit of substance to the Goodwillie story. United are clearly interested, he appears keen to return and there seems to be a lack of alternative suitors. Could happen, I reckon.

Have just had a text from a pal who's close to goings on at Tannadice, says this will happen tomorrow. First source I've been inclined to trust.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets put it this way.

If Goodie, Berra, or McMannus sign, then Man U will also get Ronaldo, Cavani and Lewandowski.

These are basically the same standard of rumours.

Would love any of the 3 linked with united, however seem so unlikely.

Lets put it this way.

If Goodie, Berra, or McMannus sign, then Man U will also get Ronaldo, Cavani and Lewandowski.

These are basically the same standard of rumours.

Would love any of the 3 linked with united, however seem so unlikely.

See my previous post re Goodwillie. Very good source.

for those that didnt read the link 3 main points from this interview.

Jackie himself quoted (he didnt names drop)

1. Targetting a striker

2, LB priority

3. Experienced defender coming in on trial

Also sourced from sky sports website

Jackie McNamara is expecting movement on the transfer front at Dundee United as he closes in on top targets.

It has already been a summer of change at Tannadice, with the likes of Willo Flood, Jon Daly and Barry Douglas having moved on.

Bolstering the ranks ahead of the 2013/14 campaign is now a top priority for McNamara, who has been linked with approaches for several players - including Blackburn Rovers striker, and former Terrors favourite, David Goodwillie.

McNamara is eager to get fresh faces on board as quickly as possible, to give them a full pre-season, and says he is confident additions will be made sooner rather than later.

He said in the Daily Record: "There should be progress this week.

"I'm looking for a striker and a left-back and I'm expecting to have fixed up more new faces by the time the players report for pre-season.

"I've spoken to a left-back who I want on trial and it could be tied up soon."

so for all the naysayers ssht this is straight from the horses mouth so very accurate

has anyone heard about these rumored dutch trialists?

Stephen Thompson In the Courier on Tuesday

Dundee United fans have been told to play the long game this summer.

While other SPL clubs have been announcing signings on a regular basis, the Tangerines have been taking their time.

You have to go back to the final game of last season against Celtic to find the last time they unveiled a new arrival with any kind of fanfare, with Raith Rovers striker Brian Graham paraded on the pitch at half-time.

Even the recruitment of young duo Andrew Robertson and Aidan Connolly from Queen’s Park happened over three weeks ago.

However, chairman Stephen Thompson has stressed that no news could quickly turn into good news for United supporters.

He said: “I am really quite excited about next season under Jackie McNamara and there is good reason for that.

“What we are doing at United is making sure we get the right players rather than rushing into anything. I think that is the sensible thing to do.

“We have a clear strategy as regards the type we want at this club and we are working away behind the scenes trying to get things done.

“We could have three or four new faces in relatively soon and they will be the right types.”

I'm sure there's a fair bit of substance to the Goodwillie story. United are clearly interested, he appears keen to return and there seems to be a lack of alternative suitors. Could happen, I reckon.

If it does happen it may well be on the eve of the season after Blackburn have exhausted all other options. Expect this to drag on for a while yet, which isn't ideal.

News about our stewarding for next season on the United website today: http://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/index.asp?tm=2&nid=4533&cd=2013

Good news as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully there will be an improvement in how away fans are treated next season so we don't have to hear complaints about stewards behaving like Gestapo officers and away fans will be keener to come along to Tannadice for matches.

News about our stewarding for next seasoon on the United website today: http://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/index.asp?tm=2&nid=4533&cd=2013

Good news as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully there will be an improvement in how away fans are treated next season so we don't have to hear complaints about stewards behaving like Gestapo officers and away fans will be keener to come along to Tannadice for matches.

Yeah this lot should have been punted after the way they treated Motherwell and St. Johnstone fans at the end of the season.

News about our stewarding for next seasoon on the United website today: http://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/index.asp?tm=2&nid=4533&cd=2013

"During this exercise we were impressed with the professionalism shown by SecuriGroup and their willingness to adopt a flexible and customer focused approach to improving the match day experience at Tannadice."

Encouraging words. Our stewarding has been a fucking minter for years.

"During this exercise we were impressed with the professionalism shown by SecuriGroup and their willingness to adopt a flexible and customer focused approach to improving the match day experience at Tannadice."

Encouraging words. Our stewarding has been a fucking minter for years.

Hopefully it means the fucking mini Hitler lass I know who's been a steward at Tannadice last few seasons is now jobless. She tried to tell me that Celtic fans pishing in the street was just banter and part of having a drink, while Inverness fans who sang and jumped around getting behind their team were over the top. Fucking cow.

Hopefully it means the fucking mini Hitler lass I know who's been a steward at Tannadice last few seasons is now jobless. She tried to tell me that Celtic fans pishing in the street was just banter and part of having a drink, while Inverness fans who sang and jumped around getting behind their team were over the top. Fucking cow.

I think I know the one. Hopefully Ian Low, the head of security, has been told to bolt as well. He was apparenty ordering his minions to confiscate Craig Whyte masks at the Rangers game. Beyond belief.

Although the African dudes are usually sound.

Archived