Dundee United 2013/14 Season

With training camps starting a lot of players will be on trial with clubs. Thistle have an eclectic bunch down in Durham. The only named part is ex Arab Mark Kerr a former team mate of Archibald's.

Like the managers we will need to separate the wheat from the chaff ;)

Ahh nice one Jagfox cheers bud, I take it each season escalades at this point. This is my first close season on P&B.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dundee United have lost Daly, Russell, Douglas and Flood. They're replacing them with unproven guys from Partick Thistle and a guy who couldn't get a game at St Mirren, before he got released.

Worrying times at Tannadice.

Dundee United have lost Daly, Russell, Douglas and Flood. They're replacing them with unproven guys from Partick Thistle and a guy who couldn't get a game at St Mirren, before he got released.

Worrying times at Tannadice.

I'm sure you'll get a few bites with that. Best of luck.

I'm sure you'll get a few bites with that. Best of luck.

As a Dundee United fan, how concerned are you with the clubs dealings in the transfer market this summer?

Is that young lad Gauld not a winger as well?

Aye, we've currently got GMS, Gauld, Armstrong, Gardyne and Erskine who can play that position. We've also signed Paddy Connolly's son from Queen's Park, who is also a winger (although he's only 17 so whether he's ready for the first team yet remains to be seen).

I'm sure we're looking at him as a left back.

He'll do a job as an "occasional" LB. He's far too easily drawn out of position into the centre and struggles to track back and that's when he can be arsed.

He's a highly frustrating player,who shows flashes of occasional brilliance,but for me,overall, he just isn't good enough in any of the positions that he's been played in. His attitude can be suspect at times and that has seriously affected his fitness in the past.

If you sign him,he's bound to score a 40 yarder against us.

He'll do a job as an "occasional" LB. He's far too easily drawn out of position into the centre and struggles to track back and that's when he can be arsed.

He's a highly frustrating player,who shows flashes of occasional brilliance,but for me,overall, he just isn't good enough in any of the positions that he's been played in. His attitude can be suspect at times and that has seriously affected his fitness in the past.

Sounds terrific compared to what we had at left back last season.

Carey had two good games at LB. One at Dens Park at the start of the season and the other at Hampden against Celtic. Danny played him there at Easter Road post split as a last chance to earn himself a deal. He had an absolute nightmare and all 3 Hibs goals came down his flank. He never played for us again and was correctly released. He was nowhere near the standard of Paul Dummett in that position, and that is why Danny picked the Newcastle loanee ahead of him all season.

He's a lazy unfit show pony. I'm genuinely astounded that a club like Dundee United are even considering him. Standards really have fallen at Tannadice in recent times.

As a Dundee United fan, how concerned are you with the clubs dealings in the transfer market this summer?

If you actually read the thread you'll find out the answer to that question no problem ;)

Carey had two good games at LB. One at Dens Park at the start of the season and the other at Hampden against Celtic. Danny played him there at Easter Road post split as a last chance to earn himself a deal. He had an absolute nightmare and all 3 Hibs goals came down his flank. He never played for us again and was correctly released. He was nowhere near the standard of Paul Dummett in that position, and that is why Danny picked the Newcastle loanee ahead of him all season.

He's a lazy unfit show pony. I'm genuinely astounded that a club like Dundee United are even considering him. Standards really have fallen at Tannadice in recent times.

Poor man's Captain Sensible, IMO.

If you actually read the thread you'll find out the answer to that question no problem ;)

Jackies making the classic mistake most SFL managers seem to make when they come to the SPL. Barry Smith, Jim McIntyre, Danny Lennon, they've all done it, Alan Archibald is doing it just now.

They think SFL players are good enough for the top league. Brian Graham? Seriously? Jeez, even Morton released him. Both Paul Paton and Chris Erskine are 26 and Graham is 25. None of them have played top flight football before. Why's that? Has every top flight manager been wrong about them for the last 7 or 8 years? Unlikely, it's probably because they aren't good enough.

United fans should know this more than most. Michael Gardyne was the SFL's best player the season before last, how has he done at Tannadice? Seemed to spend alot of time riding the pine to me. At least you never had a squad full of SFL players last term, looks like you will next season.

Talented player though he is, Carey is most definitely not a left back. As other Buddies have indicated if his workrate and commitment was anything approaching his skill level he'd be a hell of a player.

Despite never fulfilling his potential with us, he scored a few of the best goals I've ever seen in the flesh.

Best of luck to him, just not against us.

Maybe sums up our budget with this shopping in the £1k p/w and under bargain bin perhaps? but with the youth we have emerging iam not too worried however and the team will come good may just typically take us a couple of months as usual :D.

We are possibly also just lucky noone else seems to have much money and only Ross County and Aberdeen have spent well (or brought in decent signings ).

Based on Current Squad, linked players and how the other 11 shape up so far, atm we will easily finish 9th and above some folk worry too much.

Jackies making the classic mistake most SFL managers seem to make when they come to the SPL. Barry Smith, Jim McIntyre, Danny Lennon, they've all done it, Alan Archibald is doing it just now.

They think SFL players are good enough for the top league. Brian Graham? Seriously? Jeez, even Morton released him. Both Paul Paton and Chris Erskine are 26 and Graham is 25. None of them have played top flight football before. Why's that? Has every top flight manager been wrong about them for the last 7 or 8 years? Unlikely, it's probably because they aren't good enough.

United fans should know this more than most. Michael Gardyne was the SFL's best player the season before last, how has he done at Tannadice? Seemed to spend alot of time riding the pine to me. At least you never had a squad full of SFL players last term, looks like you will next season.

Cool story Bro.

Archived