Dundee United 2013/14 Season

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ST will go over the wage limit for the expierence the squad needs.

TWo players like Webster and Goodwillie coming back, they would both be on am absolute max of 3k a week each. Fair enough we could afford 4 players at that price but like GD has alluded to, how much would those lesser players cost us in league position?

(Cough cough)

Why are all the Dundee Utd fans getting so excited?

He'll score his fair share of goals, but won't exactly set the league alight.

Goodwillie can't get his game for a poor Blackburn side. Some people seem to forget this.

He was miles out of his depth in England.

I saw a couple of Blackburn games and he looked a complete haddie.

Whereas he was a very good striker in the SPL, just goes to show the difference in quality.

To be fair I've also heard that he's been on about 25-30K a week at Blackburn quite a lot over the past couple of years.

I've never heard never heard figures as high as that!

Bloody hell, that's an obscene wage for a player like Goodie, I expected 10-12.5k p/w tbh.

Near jizzed in my pants when i heard the news. Absolutely delighted that the silver kissing legend is on his way back. On another note, goodie is on £25,000 at blackburn. I would guess that we may be paying him £5000 a week tops and blackburn paying the other £20,000

Why are all the Dundee Utd fans getting so excited?

He'll score his fair share of goals, but won't exactly set the league alight.

Goodwillie can't get his game for a poor Blackburn side. Some people seem to forget this.

Because we finally have a striker on the books of recognised SPL quality.

I've never heard never heard figures as high as that!

Bloody hell, that's an obscene wage for a player like Goodie, I expected 10-12.5k p/w tbh.

It's English football, everything about it is obscene.

I really didn't think this would happen. When the first rumours of this started getting banded around that he was coming back I never really gave them much credence and when it turned out we were going for him but the deal had stalled I gave up all hope of it happening. It gives us so much more confidence for at least being able to start the season well knowing we've got a striker whose done well at this level.

To be fair to him, whilst Blackburn looked a good move on paper, it hasnt worked out at all. He went into a club with a horrible atmosphere, with a clueless manager who signed him then stuck him out wide a lot of the time.

Loss of confidence (which Goodwillie needs) + loss of match fitness/sharpness = a struggling player.

In the season before he moved he bagged 20 goals and had the top number of assists in the league (I think). The guy will make a big difference to our team and a front four of GMS, Goodie, Armstrong and Gauld/Erskine should cause most teams problems.

Hope we can get it extended for the season.

He had one good year in the SPL - 2010/2011 scoring 17 times, three of which where penalty's. He is a good player though, one I'd gladly have in our squad - Niall Mcginn is due an injury ;).

26k a week at Blackburn is the figure I was given. And that was from a very, very, bloody excellent source too.

The press release announcing Goodie's return quotes Derek Robertson as saying, "The Chairman has taken a bold financial decision..."

I'd guess United will be paying no less than 5k a week.

He had one good year in the SPL - 2010/2011 scoring 17 times, three of which where penalty's. He is a good player though, one I'd gladly have in our squad - Niall Mcginn is due an injury ;).

It's worth noting that during that season he was often carrying the team on the goal front despite he was missing the supply from our two most creative players Conway and Swanson who were out injured for the early stages of the season, as was Jon Daly. He almost set a record for us as well I think in terms of scoring in so many consecutive games. Also as Aladdin pointed out, he was one of the highest contributers in terms of assists in the league that season.

He had a brilliant second half to the season before that too despite the fact he had competition from the likes of Casalinuovo and Cadamarteri for his place.

It was also 19 goals, not 17 in the 2010/11 season.

Archived