Dundee United 2013/14 Season

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To go off topic for a moment, I only recently learnt that William, It Was Really Nothing is about Billy McKenzie. 'The rain falls hard on a humdrum town'. Cheeky b*****d thon Morrissey.

As you were.

Yep, he got invited into Moz's house and then proceeded to steal one of his books.....typical Dundonian. :lol: *

*This town has dragged you down.

Has GFARAB82 answered what age he is yet?

I don't think so but to be honest it might be best to let the matter drop. Seemingly persistent enquiries into someone's age on the internet can lead to unpleasant rumours and allegations being made. :unsure:

Great stuff. Just need an experienced centre half and, if we're being greedy, a decent left back. I see the reservations about Carey but I've always thought he looked a very tidy player and if he's lacking a bit defensively but good going forward then I'd be happy enough with that. MacNamara will improve the defensive side. Even Barry Douglas improved in his last few months.

The evening telegraph is stating that Lee Camp is actually on trial with us not just training

Also in the courier and wouldnt be on trial if he couldnt land a deal as plenty of english clubs would have let him train, I'll just say he was solid and usually reliable goalie for my english club (still loved there mostly) before he left for Norwich so gladly take him at tanny IF a deal can be reached.

Also in the courier and wouldnt be on trial if he couldnt land a deal as plenty of english clubs would have let him train, I'll just say he was solid and usually reliable goalie for my english club (still loved there mostly) before he left for Norwich so gladly take him at tanny IF a deal can be reached.

We already have a perfectly competent SPL keeper. Other areas of the team need strengthened first. You obviously think the middle of the park is a weak point, what with touting Gomis & Bauben for a return.

Lee Camp signing would be a better coup than Goodwillie tbh. He would be a fantastic signing. Very doubtful he'll end up at Tannadice though.

Lee has family up here and that is why he is training with United, I can't see him signing, unfortunately.

Evening Telegraph claiming that the Goodwillie deal will set United back £150k. That's extortionate for 6 months work. Thompson has taken leave of his senses.

Not far beyond what I predicted as a minimum yesterday.

It's an incredible amount of money.

Sort of stacks up with the 26k a week wage too. United pay 6k, Blackburn pick up 20k.

Evening Telegraph claiming that the Goodwillie deal will set United back £150k. That's extortionate for 6 months work. Thompson has taken leave of his senses.

Makes you wonder how badly our season ticket sales were doing and how much confidence Thompson had in the team that he felt he needed to spend all this month just to get 6 months from Goodwillie. I mean it's a fifth of the money we got from Russell's transfer fee.

He'll be expecting this to boost (perhaps slower than usual?) season ticket sales, as well as making a few quid from merchandise. And if Goodwillie's goals see us finishing a couple of places higher up the league (even outwith the top six) it will prove to be a shrewd deal.

I'd say it's a calculated gamble.

i dont know how many adult season tickets will be bought on the back of this, but say it is 200, that is half the money back.

I love goodie, will join in all the hullalabaloo when get gets his goals and cant wait to see him play but TBH i would rather focus on building a squad for the future and he does not feature in that. I wouldnt have been fussed had this not gone through.

Archived