Dundee United 2013/14 Season

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't think there is enough digg as things stand to play a 433. Rankin, Ryan and Millar (?)

Jackie has a fetish for a 4-3-3 hence we will be trying to play that way and itll modify at times into almost a 4-5-1 of sorts but itll be a 4-3-3.

You forget about Armstrong, Paton and Gauld :D

I'm not quick to judge players harshly, but I would be happy if Millar went. Both he and Gardyne have had limited opportunities, the difference is Gardyne looked interested when he was given the chance, Millar didn't.

I prefer 4-4-2 to 4-5-1, but I'd accept it if it meant GMS, Gauld and Armstrong all playing behind Goodwillie with Rankin and Ryan in defensive midfield roles.

As a morale booster to the fans it is a tremendous signing. Cup winning goalscorers are of a legendary status at a club such as United.

Aye. That's obviously the hope.

Regardless, as you say, if it's anywhere in the region of 5k - and I can't see how it could possibly be less - it's a huge gamble. 120k or thereabouts just for the initial six month period. Huge money.

Aye. That's obviously the hope.

Regardless, as you say, if it's anywhere in the region of 5k - and I can't see how it could possibly be less - it's a huge gamble. 120k or thereabouts just for the initial six month period. Huge money.

One rumour doing the rounds that United are paying 10% of his £18k p/w wage. Like you it`s my understanding the player is on more & don`t really see why £1.8k would be a financial gamble given this is what(I`m led to believe) Flood was offered.

There's nothing to suggest that Goodwillie's lack of progress since leaving United is his fault but from the limited coverage I've seen there seems to be a suggestion of this. Therefore if he feels he has something to prove this can only be good news for us. Nothing better than a decent player with something to prove IMO.

From what I've heard he was some way behind the other players down south in terms of fitness and he didn't put enough work in to get himself to their level. Whether or not that's true I've no idea but it doesn't seem beyond the realms of possibility.

I am, of course, quite excited about this and I am very hopeful that we might see a positive spike in terms of season ticket sales of the back of this. My only concern is that he acts all Billy Big Baws and gets into more bother off the field. Still cannae wait to see him back in the shirt though. He'll look dead sexy in the new kit :wub:

ST with this deal has put the club and its fans first and that has to be commended and respected, he could have taken the easy way out here and said we couldnt afford and no one would have blamed him for pulling out so big props to the chairman.

See the life I've had, would make a good man turn bad.

To go off topic for a moment, I only recently learnt that William, It Was Really Nothing is about Billy McKenzie. 'The rain falls hard on a humdrum town'. Cheeky b*****d thon Morrissey.

As you were.

Archived