Dundee United 2013/14 Season

ermm ...... my boy , he just showed me it's on aiden connolley's twit from 4 days ago

@aidanconnolly3

possibly awaiting a medical :)

Cheers Rusty mate.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was a big Ross Smith fan, however as you said he spent the last 12/18 months out on loan, the fact that this year we were so thin at the back and JMc never made an attempt to recall him I quess his days are numbered, just before Souttar broke through we sign some Swedish Defender who sounded terrible and was no where near match fitness, I asked boys here their thoughts on brining Ross back to cover/play, no1 seemed that keen and the general consensus was he never improved from his early days at Tannadice.

Disappointed for the lad if that's the case as think he has really come on this past season with us. If unable to pick up a full time contract am sure he would be welcomed back to Balmoor for another season. Would wish him well regardless.

Disappointed for the lad if that's the case as think he has really come on this past season with us. If unable to pick up a full time contract am sure he would be welcomed back to Balmoor for another season. Would wish him well regardless.

Very few of us will have ever seen him play so what's your opinion on him? Does he look like he could make the step up to SPL football?

Stephen Thompson today confirming what we all assumed would be the situation with Johnny Russell this summer:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22692223

If we can get £1M for him then that would be an excellent bit of business. I have a feeling that we'll probably end up selling him for about £800K and attempt to get a good sell on clause.

He also retweeted this from me :thumsup2

@ferretto

@aidanconnolly3 welcome to arabland , hope you are better than your auld man,(one of my fave players ) #lottoliveupto

What a DAB love him already :wub:

Stephen Thompson today confirming what we all assumed would be the situation with Johnny Russell this summer:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22692223

If we can get £1M for him then that would be an excellent bit of business. I have a feeling that we'll probably end up selling him for about £800K and attempt to get a good sell on clause.

The SPL has become a bargain basement for championship teams. Playing in most leagues Russell would be worth about 3 times that.

The SPL has become a bargain basement for championship teams. Playing in most leagues Russell would be worth about 3 times that.

Agreed but I think the risk factor comes into it. It's the same argument as we use for Rangers SFL3 players being picked for the Scotland squad - they look OK when playing in the SFL, but can they make the jump to international football?

There are ways of reflecting this in the structure of the transfrer fee - £1M up front and then appearance fees or sell-on clauses.

Andrew Robertson 19 from Queens Park. I must confess to not having the faintest idea who he is.

Left back, I believe.

On another note did Paddy Connolly's son sign already?

Yup. Not formally announced yet I don't think but widely reported as a done deal.

So it would seem that the latest with Russell is that Celtic don`t want to make a bid for the player, but want to be told when other clubs do. It would seem that they are not really bothered if they land the player or not, and are definitely playing on the fact that he`s a pure daft Sellick man from a pure daft Sellick family.

I'm all for this flourish of youth, but I hope McNamara has some more experienced players in mind, too. If not, there won't be many pubic hairs left behind in the showers.

In the interests of hygiene you should be getting them shaved off anyway. I always knew Dundee United was the minky team in the area.

Shaving your nuts is a hygiene issue now? Are you guys rife with lice or something?

Yes. Yes we are.

It's also a sign of decency, no self respecting female is going to go down on a man when she has the possibility of some hair getting stuck between her teeth. So just shave it yeah?

Yes. Yes we are.

It's also a sign of decency, no self respecting female is going to go down on a man when she has the possibility of some hair getting stuck between her teeth. So just shave it yeah?

No dude, that's clearly not right. You kids have somehow managed to get self-respect mixed up with some silly fashion. Men don't shave their underparts, son. Real men, at least. Kids, gay dudes and hipsters, perhaps, but actual men don't need to dress up like girls to get their shit on.

No dude, that's clearly not right. You kids have somehow managed to get self-respect mixed up with some silly fashion. Men don't shave their underparts, son. Real men, at least. Kids, gay dudes and hipsters, perhaps, but actual men don't need to dress up like girls to get their shit on.

Gay people have tremendous hygiene so forgive me for following that particular crowd.

I look and feel absolutely fabulous.

Archived